• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Match Report, Pics and Video Highlights from Roger Federer's Q.F. match vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Australian Open, 2013

roger federer jo-wilfried tsonga tsonga australian open australian open 2013

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Roger Federer overcame an inspired Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in five tight sets to set up a clash vs Andy Murray in the semi-finals of Aus Open, 2013. It took 3 hours and 34 minutes of hard & intriguing Tennis for Federer to beat Jo Wilfried Tsonga 7-6 (4), 4-6, 7-6 (4), 3-6 & 6-3.

rogiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

This is the 35th time in Federer's career that he has reached grand slams semi-final & the 10th successive semi-final appearance at Australian Open. Ever since 2004, Roger Federer has reached at least the semi-final of every Australian Open championship.

399025_572979782730807_2017532648_n.jpg

Detailed match report, pics & highlights to follow in a few minutes time in this very thread. Stay tuned.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

First set :::::

Roger Federer broke Tsonga in the very first game and for a moment, it looked as if Federer will run through this match like he has done in the previous 4 matches. But, Tsonga started playing better and in the 6th game, Tsonga broke Federer's service and this was the first time that Federer's service got broken in his 60th service game at Australian Open, 2013.

The next 6 games went on service with Federer missing a forehand on a break-point at 4-4 on Tsonga's service.

In the Tie-breaker, Federer on his service at 4-2 won an amazingly close challenge as the ball was called out, here is a screen-shot of how close the ball was to being out

in%20at%204-2%20challenge.png

That successful close challenge pretty much ensured that Federer won the first set tie-breker 7-4.

This is how intense Mirka Federer and Seve Luthi, Paul Annacone, Tony Godsick were looking during the 1st set tie-breaker

1st%20set%20mirka%20reaction.png

Here are the first set stats for you all -------

set-1.png

More to follow in the coming minutes...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Second set  ::::::

The first 6 games went on service in no time. But, at 3 all on Federer's service, Tsonga managed to break Federer & that break proved decisive as Tsonga won that set 6-4.

Here are the second set stats for you all ::::::::::;;

set-2.png

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Third set ::: 

Federer broke Tsonga in the 2nd game to make it 2-0 & it looked as if Federer will run away with the set. But, Tsonga broke Federer in the 3rd game thanks to 3 unforced errors by Federer & it was back on service.

The next 9 games went on service & again, the 3rd set went to the tie-breaker.

The first 9 points were spectacular as Federer got the first mini-break and Tsonga immediately got that mini break back as Federer netted a volley. But, on Tsonga service at 4-5, Federer once again won a line challenge and that again, proved that Federer won the 3rd set Tie-breaker 7-4.

Here are the 3rd set stats for you all------------

set-3.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

4th Set :

In the 3rd game, Tsonga saved 4 break points and in the 4th game, Federer saved 2 break points. But, in the 6th game, Tsonga broke Federer to make it 4-2.

But, Federer broke back Tsonga in the very next game to make it 4-3, but, then Tsonga again broke Federer in the very next game to make it 5-3.

Then, Tsonga served out the set 6-3 to make it 2 sets all.

Here are the 4th set stats for you all

set-4.png

For sure, it was a lion hearted display by Tsonga as his stunning powerful forehand did great damage in this set.

Thou, Federer's 1st serve % was 69, but, Federer won only 1 point out of his nine 2nd serves in this set.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

5th Set :::

Federer broke Tsonga in the 4th game and it was 3-1. Federer held on to make it 4-1...

In the 6th game, Tsonga saved 2 break points to make it 2-4. Federer held his service to make it 5-2.

In the 8th game, Tsonga saved 4 break points (in fact, match points for Federer) in a 9 minute game to make it 5-3.

Federer eventually won the set and match in the 9th game on his 5th match point to win the 5th set 6-3.

Here are the overall match stats

fed%20joooooooooooooooo.png

This was Federer's first reaction after securing his 35th Grand slam semi-final appearance by defeating Tsonga in 3 hours & 34 minutes 7-6, 4-6, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3.

1600x.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Federer couldnt serve well.I hope he is not tired a lot.Federer is a tiebreak legend!!  Cant wait to see him beating Murray

#8 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Here is the video of Federer's on court post match interview to Jim Courier

1600x.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Few pics from the match ::::::::::::::::

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#12 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#13 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#14 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#15 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Roger Federer today wore a black colored Vest (unlike the last 2 matches where he had worn white colored Vest and as he told Jim courier that he is not superstitious)

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#16 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#17 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#18 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#19 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#20 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,647 posts

Scroll on to the next page for more pics & highlights from the match ---------

1600x.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+