#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Roger Federer's 2nd Grand slam title win was at Australian Open, 2004 on 1st February-2004, where he defeated Marat Safin in straight sets. That win ensured that Roger Federer achieved the feat of becoming World No. 1 on 2nd February, 2004.

federer%202004.jpg

Here's how the rankings of Top-10 looked immediately after Australian Open, 2004.

ao 2004.png

For the next 237 weeks, Roger Federer remained World No. 1 & it was only after Rafael Nadal won the 2008 Beijing Olympics Gold Medal on 17th August, 2008, that Roger Federer's streak of 237 weeks at World No. 1 ended that Sunday night.

Post that Roger Federer has regained No. 1 ranking twice. He re-gained ATP #1 ranking on 6th July, 2006 immediately after he won Wimbledon 2009 title after defeating Andy Roddick in that epic 5 setter marathon. That stretch of No. 1 ranking lasted for 48 weeks & ended after French Open, 2010.

Very recently, Roger Federer after winning Wimbledon, 2012 regained #1 ranking for the 2nd time and that streak continued for another 17 weeks to take his overall tally of weeks at No.1 at 302.

Thou, at this point of time, its hard to say if Roger Federer will be able to re-gain #1 ranking again.

But, one thing is 100% sure, the hunger, the dedication, the devotion that Roger Federer has today (after having spent 302 weeks at ATP #1) is same, if not more than when Roger Federer reached the ATP #1 ranking on 2nd February, 2004.

FED 04.jpg

A file picture on how Roger Federer looked when he reached the No. 1 ranking for the first time and how he looks now.

Just to give you a fair idea of Roger Federer's dominance, during the last 468 weeks, this is the break-up of Roger Federer's ATP rankings :

1. Roger Federer got the Ranking of #1 for 302 weeks or 64.52% of the 9 year tenure between 2nd Feb-2004 to 2nd Feb- 2013.

2. Roger Federer has been Ranked #2 for 106 weeks or almost 23% of time between 2nd Feb-2004 to 2nd Feb-2013.

3. Roger Federer has been Ranked #3 for 55 weeks or almost 12% of time between 2nd Feb-2004 to 2nd Feb-2013.

4. Roger Federer has been Ranked #4 for 5 weeks or almost 0.01% of time between 2nd Feb-2004 to 2nd Feb-2013.

Here's hoping more success and laurels to the Swiss maestro.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Amazing article Vibu!!!
enjoyed reading it!.. thanks a lot!!
roger please please play for 7 or more yrs!!!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#3 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Please take the no 1 back roger :)

#4 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

There's nobody quite like Roger Federer and I doubt if there ever will be. He is truly special and we are so lucky to have been around to watch him play live, whether it be seeing him in the flesh or on TV. Savour each moment!

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#5 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Oh My God , Proff. Vibhu nothing can escape ur notice :)

Wow I just love to see him play as much perseverance as ever.As Wendy said We must Savour each moment :)

Gud luck Rogii for many more weeks as No. 1 :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

The most interesting stat for me is that there hasn't been a single week when he has looked like moving out from Top-4 once he got in to that Top 4 elite cadre. That in itself is an amazing statistic in itself.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

& after many people buzzed me to get an idea of break-up of no of weeks for #1 to #4 ranking of Roger Federer, I edited that in the original post itself :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,933 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Rogere is amazing, distinctive and distinguished... God bless you Roger, you will be No.1 again.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Well, to regain #1, probably, Roger Federer needs to retain Rotterdam, Dubai, Indian Wells, Madrid, Wimbledon, Cincy titles & hope, to reach one more slam final, sounds easy, no?

Will write those permutation & combination in March thou :)...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Lol it does not sound tough haha...

Ok we all wil wait 4 that post...

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#11 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, to regain #1, probably, Roger Federer needs to retain Rotterdam, Dubai, Indian Wells, Madrid, Wimbledon, Cincy titles & hope, to reach one more slam final, sounds easy, no?

Will write those permutation & combination in March thou :)...

yeah very easy!!!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#12 Yadunath

Yadunath

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

To be fair to Roger, we must simply enjoy watching Roger without any expectations much like the way Roger enjoys and lives Tennis without pressuruzng himself. Honestly, he has done all that someone can achieve and he doesn't really have to prove something. It's simply pleasure he's still around and plays supreme tennis and I enjoy watchimg him like so many others. I am sure he has some slams left, not worried about this rankings...

#13 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

As much as I would love to see Roger play for many more years, it would truly break my heart to watch him fall away down the rankings and hear the commentators rubbish him, after all that he has achieved.

Yes I know some of the media have a poke now saying he is past it, but at the moment he is still able to lift that finger and look up with a wry smile as he walks off the court victorious against other top ranked players. Not every time granted, but he can still do it, reaching the last rounds of Grand Slams and that is the main thing.

I sincerely hope that long after he steps away from the pressure of rankings, Roger enjoys Exhibition matches, which are so different to watch. No pressure, just a showcase for his magical touch with the ball, with the added twist of humour.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, world no. 1, aus open 2004, aus open, atp, rankings, rf 302

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+