• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Match Report, Pics and Video Highlights from Julien Benneteau victory over Roger Federer, Rotterdam 2013

Julien Benneteau roger federer rotterdam rotterdam 2013 rotterdam open atp 500

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Roger Federer the defending champion of Rotterdam looked completely out of touch in the Quarter-finals of ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament, Rotterdam 2013 & was shocked by Julien Benneteau 3-6, 5-7 in 80 minutes.

382271_481250341932627_2084235680_n.jpg

As, we were discussing even yesterday, Roger Federer's service, which is usually his main weapon has been very ordinary this week. Benneteau took advantage of Federer's plethora of unforced errors & untimely double faults to secure three service breaks, while dropping just one to win the first set 6-3. It was the first time after the French Open 2012 semi-final that Federer got broken thrice in a set.

Benneteau raced to 4-1 lead after breaking Federer in the 3rd game, but Federer broke back in the 7th game & then made it 4-all & all of a sudden, it looked as if Federer is back in the match. But, Federer again struggled on his service at 5-6 and another double fault and backhand error ensured that Julien Benneteau won the match 6-3, 7-5 in 1hr & 20 minutes. This was Benneteau 2nd victory over Federer who still leads the head to head 4-2 vs Julien Benneteau.

Interestingly, it was Julien Benneteau 200th career victory while it was Federer's 200th career loss. Federer still has a win-loss record of 885-200. It was the first time after 28 consecutive quarterfinals that Federer has lost against a player from outside the top-20 in the Quarter-finals. The last time was in 2008, when at Rome (Italian Open) Radek Stepanek defeated Roger Federer.

qDBKift.jpg

Next up for Roger Federer is the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, starting from February 25th 2013.

Some extracts of Roger Federer's interview during the post match presser, “Julien was great, he created more chances than me. I did everything I could, but he deserved to win.”

"I started bad, but fortunately got back into the game. But when you get broken as much as happened to me, you won’t get the job done.”

“I would have been lucky if it went down to a third set.” 

“I don’t want to leave, I want to play. I feel bad for the fans who don’t get to see me now. Hopefully this wasn’t my last time here." 

On Sunday 18th February, 2013 Federer flies to South Africa to promote his foundation. “I hope to meet Nelson Mandela. That is one of my dreams."  

Roger Federer will lose 410 ATP points for losing out in the Quarter-finals as he was the defending champion of Rotterdam 2013. Still, Roger Federer's No. 2 ATP ranking is safe at least till the end of BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells.

This post has been promoted to an article

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

some pics from the match ------------

L8BEUs7.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

vHbqv7g.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

mLoObtO.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

W7wxzBO.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Vz46t26.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

pXekH1F.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

qg9s4vK.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#9 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

1st set highlights ------------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

2nd set extended highlights -------------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Full match highlights -------------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#12 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Oh dear Roger. I feel so sad and indeed concerned as he did not appear to be his normal self on court this week. Maybe that final match in the Australian Open took too much out of him and it was hard to re-light the spark of enthusiasm so soon, who knows.

I sincerely hope that he can recover to thrill us with his magical touch and pin point accuracy and more importantly, that he is OK.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#13 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Im so sad and wanna cry.ıbe been dreammıng about rogers no 1 back after us open . But now he has 3000 pts dıfference wıth djokovıc.we have to waıt for djoko to loose early ın ındıan wells and mıamı.ım soo sorry.roger seem lıke satıdfıed and seem lıke he wıll not work hard agaın

#14 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Some one shocked me by telling that Julian Benneteau said sorry to tournament director Richard Krajicek, could have been said to make Richard smile.

Coming back to Roger, he looked lacklustre & completely out of touch.

Honestly, he hadn't practiced enough & as he said, he hadn't touched Racket for 2 weeks after the Aus Open loss....

Slow footwork & so many service double facts, unforced errors showed his lack of practice........

Inspite of being a philanthropist myself, I am genuinely worried that he is going to South Africa this Sunday (inspite of the trip being for a couple of days) .... With only a week to go before Dubai, should have rested or practiced a bit.

But, I've always noticed one thing, meeting Nelson Mandela has always inspired every one to a great extent & I really hope, I get proven right on that :)....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

@Deniz '::::::: I will never agree that Federer won't work hard ...You will surely see him sweating a lot in Dubai next week during practice sessions....

Also, as Dubai courts are much faster, u will notice the Difference......

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#16 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

& in today's match , Julien was the better player by miles & I'm happy for him...

even, if any one else was playing had Benneteau played so well, Julien would have been the favorite to win for sure...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,936 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

It's so sad :angry: :( ,  although I was sure of Federer loss, it was clear from the second round.... Yala it's ok but actually i'm worried that recur the 2011 :unsure: .

While I was watching the match I was eating a chocolate, didn't enjoy it :huh: .

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#18 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

:( :( :( I felt so bad for Federer but then I was not that sad because I did not see the usual self of Federer playing :( It was so unlike him :( But I really hope he does too well at Dubai Open.Yes Federer is  a guy who believes in working on his game everytime he finds he went wrong somewhere and so will he do this time too. Just waiting for Dubai open now.

Congrats to Benneteau.He deserves all praises,well done...Wish him good luck for finale,though I will be rooting for Delpo...

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#19 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

It's so sad :angry: :( ,  although I was sure of Federer loss, it was clear from the second round.... Yala it's ok but actually i'm worried that recur the 2011 :unsure: .

While I was watching the match I was eating a chocolate, didn't enjoy it :huh: .

Hey Sausan, no 2011 please...Lets be optimistic ...Federer will shortly be back to his form :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#20 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,421 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Some one shocked me by telling that Julian Benneteau said sorry to tournament director Richard Krajicek, could have been said to make Richard smile.

Coming back to Roger, he looked lacklustre & completely out of touch.

Yes I heard that too. There was no need forJulian Benneteau to apologise, he was the better player on the night. After all it would not be a proper tournament of players were meant to let a favourite win!!

I also heard that Roger may have been suffering with back problems, which may explain his slowness of movement and apparent frustration with himself. He is not one to make a show of injuries on court and may have pushed himself to compete as he had promised to attend this tournament. I guess that he had not recovered from the gruelling physical test of the Australian Open. Sadly the older one gets the longer it takes the body to regain full fitness.

Lets hope that the break away in the warmth of South Africa will help him to relax ready for the preparation for Dubai.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Julien Benneteau, roger federer, rotterdam, rotterdam 2013, rotterdam open, atp 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+