#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

As you all will be aware, that in the ladies semi-finals of Qatar Open, 2013, It will be

Victoria Azarenka vs Agnieszka Radwańska in the first semi-final  vika radz.jpg

followed by ----

Serena Williams vs Maria Sharapova in the 2nd semi-final williams masha.jpg

This is how the WTA rankings looked like before the start of Qatar Open, 2013 :::

wta.png

How Many WTA points are at stake at Qatar Open, 2013? As it is a Premier 5 tournament, so

1. The winner gets 900 points.

2. The losing finalist gets 620 points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist gets 395 points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist gets 225 points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16  gets 125 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 takes 70 points each.

7. The loser of Round of 56 gets 1 point each.

As per the WTA Rules, in the ranking points of Top-20, two best results of Premier 5 tournaments are counted ::

As Serena Williams has reached the semi-finals of Doha 2013, she has ensured at least 395 points even if she loses in the semi-finals of Doha 2013.

Thus, if Serena loses in the semi-finals, she will be on 9970+395 points = 10,365 points.

& if Serena loses in the finals, she will be on 9970+620 = 10,590 points.

& if Serena wins the finals of Qatar Open, Doha, 2013, she will be on 9970+900 = 10,870 points.

Serena Williams had skipped Doha in 2012, so, she isn't defending any points and what ever, she gains, will be added to her points tally.

Victoria Azarenka is the defending champion of Qatar Open, so she is defending 900 points at Qatar Open, 2013.

If Vika loses in the semi-finals of Qatar Open, 2013, she will be on 10325-900+395 points =9820 points.

If Vika loses in the finals of Qatar Open, 2013, she will be on 10325-900+620 points = 10045 points.

If Vika wins the finals of Qatar Open, 2013, Azarenka after defending her title will be on 10325 points.

Now, Maria Sharapova's best 2 results in the premiere 5 tournaments are : Rome - 900 points (winner), Tokyo-4th Round - 125 points.

As, Maria Sharapova has reached the semis of Doha, her Tokyo points will get replaced by Doha 2013 points.

If Sharapova loses in the semi-finals of Qatar Open, 2013, she will be on 9545-125+395 points = 9,815 points.

If Sharapova loses in the finals of Qatar Open, 2013, she will be on 9545-125+620 points = 10,040 points.

If Sharapova wins the finals of Qatar Open, 2013, she will be on 9545-125+900 points = 10,320 points.

Thus, as you can clearly see, from the above discussion, ::

1. This Sunday night (immediately after Qatar Open, 2013), Serena Williams will be No. 1 & thus, she will be the oldest ever No. 1 in WTA History

serena no 1.jpg

Picture of Serena Williams pointing finger to the sky after beating Kvitova in the QF that ensured she regains the World No. 1 after Qatar Open, 2013.

2. The real interesting battle is for No. 2

If Both Azarenka and Sharapova lose their semi-final match, then Victoria Azarenka will be No. 2 after Qatar Open, 2013.

If Azarenka wins her semi-final and Sharapova lose her semi-final match, then Victoria Azarenka will be No. 2 after Qatar Open, 2013

If Azarenka loses her semi-final and Sharapova wins her semi-final match, then Sharapova will be No. 2 after Qatar Open, 2013

If Azarenka and Sharapova both win their semi-final match, then who so ever wins the final match will be No. 2 after Qatar Open, 2013.

Here's a banner that Nike Tennis made for celebrating Serena Williams regaining No. 1 ranking after almost 2 and a half years

serena nike.jpeg

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Today's semi-final results::

Azarenka defeated Radwanska in straight sets.

& then Serena Williams defeated Sharapova in straight sets. This was Serena's 10th successive win over Sharapova...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

So, what that means is that Victoria Azarenka will be No. 2 & Sharapova will remain No. 3 & Radwanska no. 4....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yes yes yes, now i'm so glad ;) congratulation Serena

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Now, that Victoria Azarenka has defeated Serena Williams in the finals to win the Qatar Open 7-6, 2-6, 6-3, this is how the rankings of of Top-3 will look like this Sunday night :

1. Serena Williams : 10,590 points

2. Victoria Azarenka : 10325 points

3. Maria Sharapova : 9815 points.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

& for every one wondering, how come Serena Williams is No. 1 inspite of having lost to Victoria Azarenka in the finals of Qatar Open, 2013, please be informed that the WTA Rankings are based on the cumulative total of points earned in the past 52 weeks.

Serena Williams has won Wimbledon, US Open & the Olympics Gold & as you can see, she has been dominating almost every major tournament ever since French OPEN, 2012.

For any qtns, please feel free to ask or suscribe to my alert & feel free to join this forum :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Guest_gary_*

Guest_gary_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

• What happens if Victoria or Sharapova wins Indian Wells as Serena is not entered?

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

• What happens if Victoria or Sharapova wins Indian Wells as Serena is not entered?

will be posting another article explaining that in details by tomorrow. 

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Hey Gary, here is my detailed article on WTA Ranking scenarios after Indian Wells, 2013 -----------

http://www.rogerfede...ian-wells-2013/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wta, wta rankings, ranking scenarios wta, qatar open, doha, maria sharapova, serena williams, victoria azarenka, radswanka, sharapova, williams, Agnieszka radwanska, radwanska

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+