• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Discussion on Rafael Nadal's ranking leading up to Roland Garros, French Open 2013

rafael nadal rafa nadal nadal ranking atp atp ranking possibility rafa nadal ranking rafa nadal ranking discussion

40 replies to this topic

#21 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Vibhu thank you so much, and I salute you for your wonderful efforts....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#22 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Now that Rafa Nadal lost in the finals of Monte Carlo Masters, 2013 :::

So, when the ranking points are declared by ATP, this is how points of Ferru & Rafa will look like :::

David Ferrer will be on 6970 points &

Rafa Nadal will be on 5985 points.

As explained above, the maximum points that Rafa can gain by winning Madrid title is 910 points.

So, at best, Rafa Nadal can reach 6895 points ...

Now, coming to David Ferrer ::::

He has to defend 300 points at Barcelona (250 points backup available).

180 points at Madrid

& 360 points at Rome.

So, even if Ferrer manages to defend his points at Barcelona & Madrid & just loses out in the QF of Rome, he will lose out 180 points, Ferrer would end up on 6790 points after Rome :).

Though, yes its safe to say that Nadal will have to win all three titles --- Barcelona, Madrid & Rome to reach No. 4 before French Open, 2013 :).

Its tough but yes, mathematically speaking, Rafa can reach #4 before French Open :)...

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#23 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Also, as I discussed above, as its becoming virtually impossible for Rafa Nadal to regain #4 ranking before French Open, 2013, so, should he be given a protected higher seeding to avoid an FEDAL or RAFOLE Quarter-final clash?

Please join in the discussion & the poll, right here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#24 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

As David Ferrer lost out in the 2nd Round of Barcelona, he will lose out only 50 points as he had a 250 points backup from another tournament (as explained on previous page)....

So, if Rafa Nadal manages to win Barcelona title, this is how ATP points of Ferru & Rafa will look like :::

Ferrer ::: 6920 points

& Rafa : 5985 points.

So, as explained in the previous post, if Rafa manages to win both Madrid & Rome, Rafa will be on 6895 points.

& if, Ferrer loses out in the QF of both, Ferrer would be on 6740 points.

That's the only scenario left for Rafa Nadal to raach No. 4 before French Open now.

Even if Ferrer reaches semis of Madrid or Rome, that would take Ferrer to 6920 points, thus giving him the 4th seeding at French Open, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#25 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

[i]Nadal won Barcelona title yesterday, he was amazing.. I always am amazed by Rafa :)... So, left to wait to Madrid tournament to see what will happen in the 4th & 5th seeding :)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#26 Guest_Jngannex_*

Guest_Jngannex_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Is Ferrer playing Madrid? Has he completely recovered yet?

#27 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Is Ferrer playing Madrid? Has he completely recovered yet?

Yes, Ferrer is currently playing at PORTUGAL & will play at Madrid. Though, Del potro has withdrawn from Madrid today.

#28 Bingo31

Bingo31

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for all the info, I am in a dilemma at the moment as I have a ticket to the mens final at Roland Garros, but am seriously considering buying one for the semi-final in order to see my hero Roger play. I am not trying to be negative, but dont want to miss out on seeing him play. It's a costly gamble, trust me, when coming from South Africa. Moving on, if you go onto the ATP Guy's facebook site, you will see a discussion about the seeding for the French Open. The majority of people are convinced that Rafa will be seeded #2, with Novak at #1. They seem very confident that this will happen. What are your thoughts on this?

#29 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for all the info, I am in a dilemma at the moment as I have a ticket to the mens final at Roland Garros, but am seriously considering buying one for the semi-final in order to see my hero Roger play. I am not trying to be negative, but dont want to miss out on seeing him play. It's a costly gamble, trust me, when coming from South Africa. Moving on, if you go onto the ATP Guy's facebook site, you will see a discussion about the seeding for the French Open. The majority of people are convinced that Rafa will be seeded #2, with Novak at #1. They seem very confident that this will happen. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, we have a discussion on this very topic as to why Roland Garros will find it tough to change the seedingsPlease join in the discussion & the poll, right here.

#30 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Okay, now that only Madrid and Italian Open are left, so can Rafa Nadal regain #4 ranking from David Ferrer after Rome Masters, 2013? For more details on this, see this new post right here.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#31 Guest_Jngannex_*

Guest_Jngannex_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Guys
The analysis provided here is accurately calculated but I think that even if nadal ends up no.5 he will end up in ferrer's quarter as tournament organizers are free to place nadal in any quarter without overriding ranking rules. And since only 1 or 2 can play 4, and assuming nadal ends up in Ferrer's quarter as I predict, Nadal will have either Djoker or Fed in his half at this point. if nadal is lucky he gets Fed.

#32 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Guys
The analysis provided here is accurately calculated but I think that even if nadal ends up no.5 he will end up in ferrer's quarter as tournament organizers are free to place nadal in any quarter without overriding ranking rules. And since only 1 or 2 can play 4, and assuming nadal ends up in Ferrer's quarter as I predict, Nadal will have either Djoker or Fed in his half at this point. if nadal is lucky he gets Fed.

I am afraid that's wrong. If French Open was free to put any one of the top-4 vs no.5th seed, then that would be a clear case of match fixing.

There will be a draw in front of every one to decide who plays whom in the Quarter-finals.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#33 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Guys

I am afraid that's wrong. If French Open was free to put any one of the top-4 vs no.5th seed, then that would be a clear case of match fixing.

There will be a draw in front of every one to decide who plays whom in the Quarter-finals.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#34 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Update as of 12th May,2013 ----------   Now, with only Madrid finals & Italian Open left, if Rafa Nadal wins Madrid Open final vs Stan Wawrinka and then manages to win Italian Open (Rome Masters), 2013, he will regain #4 ranking from David Ferrer and will thus, will get #4 seeding at French Open, 2013. For more details, click here. 

#35 Guest_Jngannex_*

Guest_Jngannex_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Anyone feel Nadal may burn out playing in Rome given he has reached the finals of every tournament he's played since his return ? Is it worth chasing the points to get the 4 th seed?

#36 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

Anyone feel Nadal may burn out playing in Rome given he has reached the finals of every tournament he's played since his return ? Is it worth chasing the points to get the 4 th seed?

No, I don't think so. He never gets tired by playing on Clay. That's why, he is the king of clay.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#37 Guest_Jngannex_*

Guest_Jngannex_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Now that Rafa has won Rome and Ferrer out in quarters, Rafa secured 4th place ranking. However, if Murray withdraws from RG due to injury Rafa moves up to 3rd seed which means he will avoid Djoker until finals. That would be most favorable for Rafa。

#38 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Sorry Jhngannex, you are wrong about Rafa and Nole not playing in the semis, even if Rafa is 3rd, Rafa can get Nole in the semis in the draw.

Only, surety is that if Nole is 1 & Federer #2, they both won't play in the semis.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#39 Guest_Idris Sayyad_*

Guest_Idris Sayyad_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

This is just such a great post.  I was following this post almost since one and a half month back, as i am Rafa fan  :). learned so much about the ranking system from this post .

I Would like to suggest you to make another post of this type of Rafa regaining the number one ranking from nole in the atp rankings ,  if he defends his french open this year :)

#40 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

Thanks Idris, if you see this again, I would request you to please register on the forum, only then, will you be able to read more such ranking articles and updates :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rafael nadal, rafa nadal, nadal ranking, atp, atp ranking possibility, rafa nadal ranking, rafa nadal ranking discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+