• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match Report, Pics and Video Highlights of Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal, BNP PARIBAS Open, Indian Wells 2013

roger federer rafael nadal bnp paribas open indian wells indian wells 2013

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Roger Federer was scheduled for a practice session at 4 pm (three hours before the Quarter-Final match vs Rafael Nadal), but Federer had to cancel his practice session because of the persisting back problem that he has been facing through out the BNP PARIBAS Open.

The 29th match-up between Federer and Nadal was the most talked about match of the tournament. But, Rafa Nadal won the match 6-4, 6-2 in one hours & 29 minutes.

rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

The first four games of the first set went on serve. Thou, Federer came back from 0-30 down in the third game to hold on. Nadal's service was looking absolutely first-class as Federer was finding it tough to move & those ferocious forehands by Nadal were making things tough for Federer.

Federer saved a break point on his service in the 5th game. But, in the 7th game, Federer got broken to give Nadal a 4-3 lead.

Nadal's service looked absolutely flaw-less as he lost only 6 points on his service in the first set.

Federer again had to face two break points in the 9th game, managed to save both of those. But, Nadal comfortably managed to hold on to win the first set 6-4 in 46 minutes.

Here are the first set stats ----

first%20setttttttttttttttttttt%20fedal.j

Clearly, thou, Federer had more aces & had a higher first serve %, but, as you can see his 2nd serve % was only 33 & 16 unforced errors proved too many. Also, Federer was unable to put any pressure on Nadal's service.

It was clear by now that Federer's back was giving me a lot of problem. Federer movement was looking not only sluggish but very tight and constricted especially on the forehand side where he was making no effort to chase down shots.

The Second Set went from bad to worst for Federer.

Federer got broken at love in the very first game. Rafa then again broke Federer in the 3rd game to make it 3-0. Then, all of a sudden, Federer some how got managed to break Rafa to make it 3-1. Then, he managed to hold to make it 3-2. At that point of time, it looked as if Federer had all the momentum as he had wont 12 out of the last 16 points. But, that phase unfortunately lasted only for a short while as Nadal managed to hold his service to make it 4-2.

Nadal then broke Federer to get his insurance break to make it 5-2. Rafa then served out the match on his 2nd serve point after a lucky net cord helped Federer to save one set point.

It took 1 hour & 24minutes for Nadal to win the 29th meeting between these two legends. Nadal now leads the head to head 19-10 vs Federer.

Here are the overall match statistics -----

full%20match%20statsssssssssssssssssssss

Clearly, the 30 unforced errors proved too many as Federer looked depleted in the 2nd set.

fedallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.png

Picture of Federer and Nadal shaking hands at the net as Nadal asked Federer if he's alright. Federer said yes, also Roger told Rafa that he's glad to see Rafa back.

In the post match presser Federer was asked whether his back was an issue. Federer replied "Back was the same as against the match vs Stan Wawrinka. I mean, I could play. I'm happy to be out there and able to compete, you know.

"But it's obviously a small issue. That doesn't work against guys like Rafa, obviously."

Federer was asked about Nadal's return to the tour: "He's not going to come back if he's not well. He's not going to come back half broken. I expected him to tear through the clay. I expected him to be tough here, which he shows to be."

Federer will lose the No. 2 ranking after Indian Wells if Andy Murray reaches the final of Indian Wells and Rafael Nadal can regain No. 4 ranking from David Ferrer, if Rafa manages to wins BNP PARIBAS Open, Indian Wells, 2013. For more details, see the detailed article right here.

More pics and highlights to follow in the following posts.......

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Some pics from the match ---------

417466_577523888926074_1837424765_n.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

486590_577523898926073_1367724477_n.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

733909_577523935592736_1322452659_n.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

66427_577523968926066_936229718_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

480002_577523975592732_155746835_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

601465_577523992259397_1071066458_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

581731_577524002259396_613615132_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#9 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

487862_577524015592728_1856340040_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

313405_577524038926059_1272019599_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

599048_577523958926067_1091595679_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#12 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

1875_577523928926070_1804534457_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#13 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

549284_577523895592740_1021572131_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#14 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Highlights from the match ---------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

1st set recording --------------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

2nd set recording --------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Federer will lose the No. 2 ranking after Indian Wells if Andy Murray reaches the final of Indian Wells and Rafael Nadal can regain No. 4 ranking from David Ferrer, if Rafa manages to wins BNP PARIBAS Open, Indian Wells, 2013. For more details, see the detailed article right here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

Some excerpts from Rafa Nadal's post match presser -----

"The gap in head to head of Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer (with  19-10) doesn't mean anything. He has more tournament victories, more Grand Slams, same Masters 1000."

Rafa Nadal: I would be stupid, arrogant to call myself better than Roger Federer because of the H2h record.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Nadal :::::::::::  "For me it's a big surprise to be playing at this level & winning matches. I didn't practice much (because of my injury).

"I couldn't hit as many forehands (as I'd like to) because I am not fast yet (like I used to be)."

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Roger Federer also said : ``The longer the match went on, I realized I had to change up my game. I played differently than I was hoping to be able to,'' said Federer, who started attacking more with mixed results in the second set. ``He got more comfortable as the match went on. Obviously, once I was down a set I knew it was going to be difficult.'' ..

``You could see at least I could serve full basically, and that always gives you a direction,'' said Federer, adding that he didn't want to talk about his back too much ``because I don't like to undermine his performance, either.''

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+