#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

As you all will be aware that Sony Open Tennis, 2013 main draw starts from 20th March, 2013. In case, you are yet to see the draw & seedings, you can see it here.

In spite of the fact, two of the Top-4 (namely Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal) are not playing in the Miami Masters, 2013, still Miami Masters 2013 promises to be a cracker from ATP rankings point of view.

happy4.jpg

Pic Edited by AO welcoming Rafael Nadal (after he won Miami Masters 2013) back in Mens' Top4 illustrious league along with Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer & Andy Murray

Before, we go any further, let us firstly look at the last announced ATP points of the Top 30. These are the points that ATP last announced on 18th March, 2013.

rankingstop30.png

So, from a ranking point of view, the following questions are most relevant :

(i) Will there be a change in the rankings of Top-4 after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013?

(ii) Will Roger Federer be still ranked #2 as he is not playing at Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013?

(iii) How much the points difference will be between Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Rafael Nadal after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013?

(iv) Can Andy Murray snatch No. 2 ranking from Roger Federer after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013?

(v) What will be the ATP points of Top 4 be in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 31st March, 2013 (after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013)?

(vi) Also, as we all know Rafael Nadal regained the #4 ranking after winning Indian Wells, 2013 but will Rafa Nadal will still be #4 after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2013 or can David Ferrer regain No. 4 ATP ranking back from Nadal after Miami Masters, 2013?

For getting the answers to all these questions about ranking scenario and possibilities during & immediately after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters, 2013, please read on.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Before we go any further, let me firstly remind you how many ATP points are at stake at Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters, 2013?

1. The winner will get 1000 ATP points.

2. The losing finalist will get 600 ATP points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist will get 360 ATP points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist will get 180 ATP points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16 will get 90 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 takes 45 points.

7. The loser of Round of 64 gets ATP 25 points (but seeded players who get a bye from the Round of 128 will get only 10 ATP points for losing out in the Round of 64).

8. The loser of Round of 128 (effectively Round of 96) to get 10 ATP points each (but wild card entrants who lose out in the first round don't get any points).

A qualifier who loses out in the first Round of the main draw gets 26 ATP Points.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

How many points the Top 8 have to defend in the Sony Open Tennis, 2013?

Novak Djokovic is the defending champion of Miami Masters, thus he is defending 1000 points.

Roger Federer lost in the 3rd Round of Miami 2012 to Andy Roddick, so Federer will lose only 45 points for not playing in Miami Masters, 2013.

Andy Murray was the losing finalist of 2012 Miami Masters,so, Murray has to defend 600 points.

David Ferrer lost in the Q.F. of 2012 Miami Masters, so he is defending 180 points.

Rafa Nadal lost(retired) in the semi-finals of 2012 Miami Masters, so he is defending 360 points from 2012 Miami Masters and will lose out these 360 points as he is not playing in 2013.

Tomas Berdych lost in the 3rd round of 2012 Miami Masters, so he is defending 45 points.

Del Potro lost in the 4th Round of 2012 Miami Masters, so he is defending 90 points.

Tsonga lost in the QF of 2012 Miami Masters, so he is defending 180 points.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Here is the PDF chart of the per round calculation of ATP points of Top-8

Attached File  Miami Masters 2013 ONS.pdf   104.95KB   526 downloads

PS: Feel Free to download it to understand how points are added & subtracted.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

From the above calculation sheet, these are the main ranking scenario changes that we can see after Miami Masters, 2013

i) Novak Djokovic will be #1 even if he loses in the 2nd round.

ii) Andy Murray will snatch No. 2 ATP Ranking from Roger Federer after Indian Wells, 2013 if Andy Murray wins Miami Masters, 2013 as in that case, Murray will be on 8750 points & Federer will be on 8670 points

iii) Andy Murray's No. 3 ranking is 100% sure in all scenarios.

iv) David Ferrer will regain No. 4 ranking from Rafa Nadal after Miami, 2013 under all these scenarios as Rafa Nadal will lose out 360 points from 2012 Miami Masters, thus even if Ferrer loses out in the 2nd Round, he will regain #4 ranking immediately after Miami Masters, 2013.

For a detailed analysis of Rafael Nadal's ranking leading up to French Open, see this detailed post right here.

v) Rest as you can see, Del Potro can snatch No. 6 ranking from Berdych if Del Potro reaches the semi-finals of Miami Masters, 2013 & Berdych loses on or before the 4th Round of Miami Masters, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

For any query, feel free to drop in a comment or add me on any of the social networking sites mentioned in my signature.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Its so clear, ı thınk no questıon :) thanks

#8 Guest_Becky_*

Guest_Becky_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for all the work.  I had wondered about this.

#9 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Would be nice to see DelPotro rise up the rankings a bit :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#10 Guest_ohhithere_*

Guest_ohhithere_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the clear presentation! I did not know players defend previous year's results. Very interesting.  :)

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Would be nice to see DelPotro rise up the rankings a bit :)

And now after that Delpo loss to the German Tobias Kamke 6:7 1:6, his ranking will not change??!!! :rolleyes:

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#12 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Oh dear .... nooo .... DelPo .... I guess he was rather burned out after that supreme effort at Indian Wells.  Miami does follow close on its heels with little time to recover for the players.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#13 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

After Tommy Haas's 4th Round win over Djokovic, the following three ranking scenarios are worth discussing ::::::

(i) If Andy Murray wins the Sony Open, Miami Masters 2013, he will replace Roger Federer as the ATP World No. 2.

(ii) Now, that draw is open for David Ferrer, he also has a chance to win or reach the finals of Miami 2013, that might mean, that Rafa Nadal getting the No. 4 seeding for French Open, 2013 will almost look impossible. For more detailed discussion on Rafa Nadal's ranking, see this detailed post right here.

(iii) Tommy Haas by virtue of reaching the Quarter-finals of Miami 2013, will at least reach No. 17 & if he wins the Quarter-final match vs Simon, he will be No. 14th & if Haas reaches the final, Haas will be ranked no. 12th & if Haas wins Miami 2013, he will be ranked no. 11th :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#14 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

So Djokovic lost 820 points? if he is, he will be 12460 points. so this means 3760 points difference with Federer.If Federer will make an amazing return after his 1 month hard work,and win some clay titles,maybe second roland garros? than he will have chance to get number 1 at us open.Because he can earn like 1280 points at us open and djokovic has to defend 1000 points,if djokovic will loose at semi final at us open he will loose 180 points and federer earns 1280 so its like 1500 points advantage for federer.P.S he has to defend wimbeldon,and won the halle. If he will suprıse us and play montecarlo ıt would be amazıng too.

And vibhu,oh man i wrote about the rank 1 again to lol

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

So Djokovic lost 820 points? if he is, he will be 12460 points. so this means 3760 points difference with Federer.If Federer will make an amazing return after his 1 month hard work,and win some clay titles,maybe second roland garros? than he will have chance to get number 1 at us open.Because he can earn like 1280 points at us open and djokovic has to defend 1000 points,if djokovic will loose at semi final at us open he will loose 180 points and federer earns 1280 so its like 1500 points advantage for federer.P.S he has to defend wimbeldon,and won the halle. If he will suprıse us and play montecarlo ıt would be amazıng too.

And vibhu,oh man i wrote about the rank 1 again to lol

Ha ha, people all across the world are discussing scenarios as to how Roger Federer will move out from Top 8 in the Race to London & you are discussing as to how RF can reach No. 1....

Well, No. 1 is very far away at this point of time & I'm not that bullish on it in 2013 like I was in 2012.

Two records that every Federer fan will ideally want to see :: Roger continuing his Quarter Finals run at slams & Roger Federer qualifying for World Tour Finals.

With Olympics point also scheduled to come off & Roger not playing at Basel, this year will be very-2 challenging.

I really wouldnt want Roger To play in Monte Carlo, that for sure will be a wrong decision as per me.

I would love to see Roger ending the year in Top-4. If he does (which I'm quite sure, he will) will be awesome :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

The World Tour Finals will be so bland for me without a touch of that Federer magic. I too would love to see Roger ending the year in the top 4.

#17 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Yeah, me too, i hope that... And hope Federer win another Grand Slam this year, as Vibuh said this year will be very too challenging...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#18 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Now that David Ferrer defeated Tommy Haas & Andy Murray defeated Richard Gasquet, the following three Ranking issues are worth mentioning ::::

i) If Andy Murray wins the title, he will be be snatch No. 2 ranking from Roger Federer.

Roger Federer will most probably be seeded #3 at French Open until & unless he wins both Madrid & Rome Masters.....

ii) If David Ferrer wins the title, as I explained in my Rafa Nadal ranking detailed post, it will almost be impossible for Rafa to regain #4 ranking & thus, that would mean Rafa will be seeded #5 at French Open, 2013.

That could just mean another clash of Federer vs Nadal in the Quarters of French Open.

III) Had Richard Gasquet defeated Andy Murray in the semis yesterday, Roger Federer would have moved out from Top-8 in the Race To World Tour Finals, O2 London.

Thou, its too early in the year to be talking about Year ending championship, but as Richard Gasquet lost yesterday, Roger Federer would remain #8 after Miami in the race to London...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

So, Andy Murray defeated David Ferrer 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 to win the Sony Open Tennis. With this win, Murray will get #ATP 2 ranking. Roger #Federer will be ranked 3rd when the new rankings are announced by ATP in 5 hours time from now..

After 9 Years, 4 months & 14 days or 2888 days (16th November, 2003) , #ATP ranking won't have Roger #Federer or Rafa #Nadal in Top 2.

Thanks for all your comments. Stay Tuned on this forum for more ranking scenarios.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miami masters, sony open tennis, miami masters 2013, atp ranking scenarios, atp ranking possibilities, roger federer, novak djokovic, rafael nadal, andy murray, tomas berdych, david ferrer, juan martin del potro, tsonga, atp rankings, miami 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+