#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

As you all know, Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013 is one of the Top-4 premier WTA Tournaments. WTA Premier Tournaments play a very important role in rankings as the winner gets 1000 points.

In case, you are yet to see the draw & seedings, see it here.

This is how WTA Rankings of Top 8 looked like on 18th March, 2013 (just before the start of Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013).

wta%20top8.png

topppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.jpg

File Picture of Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova & Agnieszka Radwańska. Will we see any change in the rankings of Top 4 after Miami?

So, now the big questions that so many of you asked me :::

i) Will Serena Williams be still No. 1 or Maria Sharapova can some how snatch No. 1 from Serena after Miami, 2013?

ii) As Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from Miami, 2013, so Vika will be losing out on 250 points.

iii) As Agnieszka Radwanska is the defending champion of Miami, in case, she fails to defend her title, can Li Na or any of the Non Top 4 replace her?

iv) How far can Wozniacki, Kerber, Errani, Li Na, Kvitova, Kirilenko go in the WTA Rankings if they have a good Sony Open Tennis, Miami tournament?

For getting the answers to all questions related to WTA Ranking scenarios and possibilities after Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013, please read on the following...

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Firstly, let me remind you How Many WTA points are at stake at Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013?

As it is a Mandatory premier WTA Tournament (with 96 players in the main draw) ::

1. The winner gets 1000 points.

2. The losing finalist gets 700 points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist gets 450 points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist gets 250 points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16  gets 140 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 takes 80 points each.

7. The loser of Round of 64 gets 50 point each. (players getting a bye from Round-1 get only 5 points for losing out in Round of 64)

8. The loser of Round-1 gets 5 points each. (player getting wild cards don't get any points for losing out in 1st Round)

Qualifiers losing out in 1st Round do get 35 points (30 points for Qualifying and 5 points for Round-1).

Read on for ranking scenarios.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Lets quickly, have a look at how many points the following Top-4 players have to defend at Miami, 2013 :

1. Serena Williams : Had lost in the QF of Miami, 2012, so she is defending 250 points.

2. Maria Sharapova : 700 points as Masha was the losing finalist of Miami, 2012, so she has to defend 700 points.

3. Victoria Azarenka : Had lost in the QF of Miami, 2012, so she is defending 250 points & by virtue of withdrawing from Miami 2013, will lose out these 250 points.

4.  Agnieszka Radwańska: 1000 points as Radwanska won the Miami 2012 title championship.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Maria Sharapova can become the #1 WTA player after Sony Open Tennis, Miami, 2013  -----

i) If Sharapova wins the Miami 2013 title and

ii) Serena Williams loses out on or before the 4th Round of Miami, 2013.

If this happens, then Maria Sharapova will be on 10315 points

& Serena Williams will be on 10255 points.

Read on for more scenarios in the following posts.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Serena Williams  WTA No. 1 ranking will be 100% safe if she reaches the Quarter-Finals of Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013.

Thus, even if Serena Williams reaches the Quarter-finals (& loses in the Quarter-Finals), Williams will be on 10365 points while Maria Sharapova (even if she wins Miami 2013) will be on 10,315 points.

If Serena Williams reaches Quarter-Finals of Miami, 2013, she will ensure her No. 1 ranking for the 131st week.

serena%20no%201.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

As Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2013, she will lose out 250 points & will be on 9325 points after Miami 2013 in the WTA rankings to be declared on 1st April, 2013 (after Miami 2013).

Also, as Radwanska is ahead by 1515 points from Li Na (who is ranked 5th) & the maximum points that Radwanska can lose by losing in the 2nd round is 995 points, thus Radwanska No. 4 WTA Ranking is 100% safe after Miami, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,326 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I hope Serena win, and be the no.1 for more weeks..

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#8 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

i wanted vika to win, but she's out from Miami :( !!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

For every one who asked, as I explained above,

Even if Serena Williams or Sharapova wins the final of Miami ,

Serena Williams will be the No. 1 & thus, will complete 131 weeks at WTA No. 1....

Sharapova will be no. 2

Victoria Azarenka will be the No. 3

& Radwanska will be the No. 4......

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,326 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yooopi :)  congratulations Serena, well done.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

after winning the Sony Open, Miami for a record 6th time Serena Williams (who won the final 4-6, 6-3, 6-0 vs Sharapova) has ensured the No. 1 ranking for *at least** 6 more weeks (till the end of mutuamadridopen)....

So, this will ensure that Serena Williams will complete 136 weeks at WTA #1....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wta, wta ranking scenarios, wta rankings, sony open tennis, miami 2013, miami, Serena Williams, maria sharapova, victoria azarenka, Agnieszka Radwańska, li na, kvitova, kirilenko, sara errani, kerber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+