• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Will Novak Djokovic be fit in time to play Monte Carlo Rolex Masters, 2013?

novak djokovic monte carlo 2013 monte carlo davis cup monte carlo rolex masters djokovic ankle djokovic made of rubber sam querrey

20 replies to this topic

#1 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Novak Djokovic who calls Monte Carlo his 2nd home had a major blow to his Monte Carlo campaign as he twisted his ankle in the 1st reverse singles match of the Davis Cup Quarter-Final match vs Sam Querrey.

At 1-1 on Querrey's service at 15-40, Djokovic twisted his ankle & here is the video of that ----

Djokovic was in acute pain and couldn't even put weight on his foot at that time.

579c77247791909.jpg?nc

Picture of Djokovic in pain receiving treatment on his ankle during the Davis Cup tie

He had to take a medical time-out & got his ankle strapped and took some pain killers and displayed some amazing Tennis amidst pain to beat Querrey 7-5, 6-7 (4), 6-1, 6-0 to give Serbia an insurmountable 3-1 lead in this Davis Cup quarterfinal at the Taco Bell Arena on Sunday.

"I sincerely hope that I didn't make it worse and I'm going to have a few days off," Djokovic said after the match. "I was able to play some good shots at the right time.

"If I wasn't playing for Serbia, if I didn't have my teammates' support, I don't know if I would've played. The first half hour it was very painful."

Serbia set up a September 2013 semi-final date vs Canada (who defeated Italy).

"I am very emotional about the win today," Djokovic said. "It meant a lot to me personally. It meant a lot to the whole team.

"It meant a lot to the nation. We're very happy to be in the semifinal again."

Djokovic who has a home in Monte Carlo and considers Monte Carlo Masters his home tournament was not sure if he could be fit in time for Monte Carlo Masters 2013 (a tournament which is considered the fortress of Rafael Nadal as Rafa has been winning Monte Carlo Masters for eight consecutive years)

"It's swollen, and when it's swollen it's definitely not a good first sign," Djokovic said. "I'm going to do everything I can in my power to recover till that tournament. How realistic that is, I don't know what to tell you."

Novak Djokovic, immediately after the victory against Sam Querrey underwent an initial medical check-up and apparently the ankle injury is more serious than expected.

The world number 1 during an interview with the TV Serbia (RTS) tried to stop his tears but in vain: "Playing for Serbia is always a great honor and a pleasure.'s Injury seems to be more severe than what I expected , the ankle is quite swollen and it is not a good sign, I will do everything possible to recover for Monte Carlo. How realistic is my participation in that tournament can not tell you. "

djokovictears.jpg

Picture of Novak Djokovic in tears during an interview to a Serbian TV Channel

Pic courtesy rts.rs

The Serb is already back at his residence in Monte Carlo and in the next 24-48 hours will undergo further medical tests including MRI. His presence in Monte Carlo is a major doubt.

With Roger Federer having opted out of Monte Carlo Masters, 2013 & its still not sure if Federer will accept the wild card for Monte Carlo, we all do hope that Djokovic can be fit in time for Monte Carlo Masters, 2013.

PS: Novak Djokovic confirms that he will play his 2nd round match vs Mikhail Youzhny on Wednesday, 17th April, 2013. Scroll down for all knowing all the developments that have taken place in these last 10 days after Djokovic got injured.

Edited by Vibhuism, 16 April 2013 - 09:12 PM.
Updated after Djokovic's decision to play

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hats off to Djokovic for playing with all that pain & still defeating Querrey, thou, even Querrey was unwell, but nothing can take away the effort that Djokovic put in.

Every Serbian & in fact, every Tennis fan should be proud of Djokovic's efforts...

He showed a new example of patriotism and perhaps, gave a new meaning to Davis Cup..

I too hope, Nole can be fit for Monte Carlo, thou, looks tough at this point of time, hope, he can fully recover in time for Madrid Masters.

saopstenje.jpg

For every one interested to know, how will the ATP Rankings change after Monte Carlo Masters, 2013, click here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Here is the video of Djokovic crying in the interview to Serbian TV channel ---------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

Oh God Nole, with all respect i salute you....I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you can be fit for Monte Carlo.

Actually i would like to see all the top 8, playing in all tournaments especially Nole, Rafa, Federer and Murray, without them there is no pleasure.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#5 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Ooooo that was wince making to watch. How he managed to finish playing that point, let alone the match, must be down to sheer guts and determination.

Sincerely hope Nole recovers OK after some rest and treatment.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#6 federeristhebest

federeristhebest

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Current mood: Happy

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

I don't think that he will be fit to play in Monte carlo, but I do think that he will play because as much of a Roger Federer fan I am, I and millions of other people know that Novak is a fighter and he never gives up so that is why I think he will still play in Monte Carlo.

#7 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

thats terrific playing with injured ankle!!
hope he recovers soon! :)

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Makes you think what a physically punishing schedule the ATP Tour is these days. The game of tennis itself seems to have changed beyond recognition over the last 30 years too. Top tennis players have to be some of the best athletes out there for fitness and stamina.

I have the utmost respect for players like Nole, Rafa and Roger who do their best despite injury. I do not admire those who play act at being injured with the intention of distracting their opponent.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#9 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

According to a Serbian radio station, Dr Momcilo Jakovljevic stated that Novak Djokovic's twisted ankle will keep him out for at least 10 to 30 days. So, that would mean, he will be out from Monte Carlo.

Further details are awaited. Scroll down for an important update from Djokovic camp regarding the result of his MRI.

#10 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Goodness ... Am not surprised though, the slo mo showed what an acute wrench that was to Nole's ankle :(

#11 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Oh no,its so painful.Poor Nole.Wish him speedy recovery.Really hope he gets well soon.

Truely,I can have nothing but less than appreciation for him,seeing the way he went on to play for his team,for his country.Take a bow Nole.

Oh dear I can't stand this  :(  :(  :( No no no I can't stand tears in his eyes,see how he looks :(

djokovictears.jpg

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#12 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Further details -----

i) Here is a picture posted by Novak Djokovic on his twitter account

djoker%20leg.jpg

Look how the ankle is strapped.

ii) As per a press statement issued by the official web-site of Novak Djokovic :::::::::

The world’s top player has undergone an MRI examination this morning which revealed no structural damage to the joint capsule and ligaments. A joint structures strain requires therapy and strict rest in the following days.

Depending on the recovery, a decision will be made on Nole’s participation at the upcoming tournament in Monte Carlo.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

As you all can clearly make out, will be tough for Djokovic to recover in time for Monte Carlo, but hope for the best. Hope, he recovers soon & will be able to play at Monte Carlo.

Last year, during Monte Carlo, unfortunately his GrandFather passed away mid way during the tournament.

Monte Carlo Masters always has a great importance in his schedule & as you all could see how bad he was feeling even while presuming that he won't be playing at MC.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#14 Bingo31

Bingo31

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

I don't think that he will be fit to play in Monte carlo, but I do think that he will play because as much of a Roger Federer fan I am, I and millions of other people know that Novak is a fighter and he never gives up so that is why I think he will still play in Monte Carlo.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me, surely it would be very short sighted for Novak to play with an injury and risk making it much worse. Then he could be out of many more upcoming tournaments.

#15 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

I don't think that Nole will play in Monte Carlo with this injury, otherwise would be risky..

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#16 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Djokovic optimistic for quick recovery and he  posted on his Facebook  account:

“After seeing the results of all the tests we did, I am really positive and strong,” he wrote.

“I’m doing the best I can with my team to recover fast and be ready for the upcoming tournaments.

I am grateful to have so many of you worrying for me and sending me words of support. Thank you!”

Follow us also on...

#17 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

thats really very sweet of nole!! get well soon Nole!! :)

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#18 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

In an interview to ATP, Djokovic clarified that he is not sure if he will be able to his 1st match (scheduled on Wednesday). In most probability, DJokovic will decide by Tuesday.

Also, Julien Benneteau who had a practice session with Djokovic told reporters that Djokovic's ankle was badly strapped & he could hardly move. It would be too ambitious to think that Djokovic can play at Monte Carlo.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#19 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Today's updates :::: Djokovic practiced for about an hour & even managed to slide well twice or thrice..

He also tested his ankle by running up & down from stairs.

The biggest proof of him being fit can be gauged from the fact that he was smiling and even gave a fan a kiss on her cheek :).

So, yes, surely, he is playing his match on Wednesday.

Will post a few pics later (with inputs from our free lancers present at Monte Carlo).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

PS: Novak Djokovic confirms that he will play his 2nd round match vs Mikhail Youzhny on Wednesday, 17th April, 2013.

He looked very happy after today's practice & I need to say, that's a very brave decision.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: novak djokovic, monte carlo 2013, monte carlo, davis cup, monte carlo rolex masters, djokovic ankle, djokovic made of rubber, sam querrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+