• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

When will Roger Federer play his first match at French Open 2013?

roger federer french open french open 2013 roland garros 1st match federer federer R1

37 replies to this topic

#1 Vevelye

Vevelye

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

What day will rf likely start his French Open campaign? I'm trying to get tickets to the Slam and want to catch his first round.

#2 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Unfortunately I think you will have to wait until the draw, which takes place shortly before the tournament begins.

So buying tickets in advance becomes a bit of a gamble if you want to see a specific player as you have to be lucky with the day and court that he will be playing on. Of course if you leave it too late tickets could be sold out ..... :(

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

OK here's my best guess :::

If he's the 2nd seed, he will start on Tuesday

& if 3rd then, on Monday.

Though, will be confirmed only on the draw day.

Good luck.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 Guest_vevelye_*

Guest_vevelye_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

OK here's my best guess :::

If he's the 2nd seed, he will start on Tuesday

& if 3rd then, on Monday.

Though, will be confirmed only on the draw day.

Good luck.

That is a good guess and my guess too. Yes, it is an expensive gamble too if you get it wrong! First day is a Sunday - so second day would be a Tuesday? 

#5 Guest_vevelye_*

Guest_vevelye_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Good guess. And my guess too. Expensive gamble if we get it wrong! Sunday is first day no? 

#6 Vevelye

Vevelye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

ok sorry - and you can delete my second reply - I did it again because I thought it didn't go through the first time around. I think I saw that Sunday was the first day. I could be wrong, seeing this would be my first Slam experience. 

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

If you do manage to see Roger play it will be great to hear how you got on :)

Good luck!

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#8 Vevelye

Vevelye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I've got my tickets through the ticket exchange for Sunday which does appear to be the first day of play. I don't think I'll catch Fed on that day but that's the only day I am able to watch it. My son plays in the Longines Future Tennis Aces tournament this year played alongside the French Open, so we're excited about that as well! 

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've got my tickets through the ticket exchange for Sunday which does appear to be the first day of play. I don't think I'll catch Fed on that day but that's the only day I am able to watch it. My son plays in the Longines Future Tennis Aces tournament this year played alongside the French Open, so we're excited about that as well! 

Hope, you have a great day on Sunday @ Roland Garros & good luck to your son in the Longines Future Tennis Aces tourny. Hope, he does well & make all of you proud :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#10 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

I am sure it will be a memorable experience for you whoever you see play on the Sunday. Just to be there will be something! Hope your son does well and enjoys himself at the Longines Future Tennis Aces Tournament and that you all have a wonderful time :)

#11 Olivier

Olivier

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVersailles

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I confirm that, since 3-4 years, the first day of the tournament is Sunday to limit problems with games if the rain comes (the central court doesn't have any roof yet).
I'm going 3 days this year and, as I didn't see Roger yet (after attending for 4 years), I hope I will catch Him this year

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hope you have luck to see Federer and to enjoy there...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#13 Vevelye

Vevelye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

I am sure it will be a memorable experience for you whoever you see play on the Sunday. Just to be there will be something! Hope your son does well and enjoys himself at the Longines Future Tennis Aces Tournament and that you all have a wonderful time :)

Thank you so much Wendy! 

#14 Vevelye

Vevelye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

If you do manage to see Roger play it will be great to hear how you got on :)

Good luck!

I will post again if I do. Now I realise that I'll also be free to watch the matches on Monday and the second Sunday. The challenge is getting tickets now - without breaking the bank! Has anyone done the hospitality packages before? 

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Good news for you, Roger Federer will play his 1st match on Sunday or 26th May,, 2013... So, I really-2 hope, u get to see him. Good luck..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Guest_veralye_*

Guest_veralye_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Oh really? How do you know that? Is the schedule of play out yet? I have tickets for Sunday so I hope you are right! 

#17 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Schedule will be out tomorrow, but, yes, its almost 99.99% sure that Roger Federer will play his first match on Sunday. Which court's tix u have??

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Guest_veralye_*

Guest_veralye_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

Yay and I certainly hope you are right. He would play later in the day right? I only get in at 9.15am and I have to check into the hotel, and then go to Roland Garros.

Philippe Chartrier. Please tell me it is the right court! 

#19 Vevelye

Vevelye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

Not sure again if my reply earlier was sent through. 

Anyway, I was saying I surely hope you are right and that will make my day! I guess I will know for sure tomorrow. I have tickets for Court Philippe Chartrier - please say I have the right court too! 

#20 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Not sure again if my reply earlier was sent through. 

Anyway, I was saying I surely hope you are right and that will make my day! I guess I will know for sure tomorrow. I have tickets for Court Philippe Chartrier - please say I have the right court too! 

Great news for you, Roger Federer will play his 1st match at Court Philippe Chartrier tomorrow. 1st up on PC will be Ana Ivanovic, then  Serena Williams and then Roger Federer. so, hope, weather holds up and hope, u enjoy him playing, Good luck and enjoy :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+