• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Will Juan Martin Del potro play at French Open, Roland Garros, 2013?

juan martin del potro del potro french open 2013 roland garros viral pope argentina bronchitis del potro illness

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Juan Martin Del Potro the 2009 US Champion who had made a comeback at Italian Open, 2013 after a Viral that had kept him out of Madrid Masters & Estoril has flown back to Argentina for further treatment of his BronchoSpasm. The decision to return to Argentina was taken by the medical team led by Dr. Roberto Peidro, Télam the official National News Agency of Argentina reported today morning.

pope.jpg

Picture of Pope Francesco with Juan Martin Del Potro taken on 15th May

In a statement sent to the media, Argentine tennis player claimed he needed "physical recovery plan & intensive treatment accordingly to achieve the goal of full recovery in the shortest time possible."

Del Potro "Suffered a bronchitis viral that prevented him training for two weeks after his arrival in Monte Carlo," explained the statement.

"Rest will help in momentary deterioration of physical and respiratory capacity which is recovering progressively," the statement added.

The issued statement neither discarded nor confirmed Del Potro's decision to play at French Open, 2013.

The World No. 7 has played only 4 matches in this year's European Clay Season with 2 wins and 2 loses, the last defeat being against Beniot Paire at Rome Masters, clearly the Argentine, even if he decides to play at French Open starting from 26th May, 2013 will be going with literally no match practice.

PS: Before posting this topic, I tweeted Jorge Viale (Del Potro's communication manager) to ask about Del Potro's plans, in case, he replies, will update it in the following post.

Also, as Andy Murray is likely to withdraw from French Open, 2013 because of lower back issues,  the French Open seedings in case if both Murray and Del Potro withdraw will be as follows :

i) Novak Djokovic

ii) Roger Federer

iii) Rafael Nadal

iv) David Ferrer

v) Tomas Berdych

vi) Jo Wilfried Tsonga

vii) Richard Gasquet

viii) Janko Tipsarevic

ix) Stanislas Wawrinka

PS: Had Wawrinka won one more match at Italian Open, he would have been ranked above Tipsarevic and possibly a seeding of #8 at French Open, 2013.

Here's wishing a quick recovery to Del Potro. May he be fit in time to play at French Open, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Guest_Rouga_*

Guest_Rouga_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I had literally heard nothing of del Potro's illness before reading your article

#3 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the info. I had literally heard nothing of del Potro's illness before reading your article

Me neither! Thanks!

Del Potro is one of those guys who I feel that currently have the type of game to really challenge Roger.

I am sorry for him, but on the other hand I think perhaps his absence or even his lower level will make the job easier for our Maestro, in case they meet, so I cannot say I am sad.

Dream Draw for me would now include Ferrer on the semis, Gasquet or Tipsi on QFs.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Unfortunately, Del Potro has withdrawn from French Open. Now, Tipsarevic will be the 8th seed and Wawrinka will be the 9th seed.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Del Potro´s withdrawal official press release (translated in English):

Juan Martin del Potro was forced to cancel his participation at Roland Garros as not being physically fit to face a demanding tournament as the french Grand Slam

Del Potro suffered viral infection at the beginning of the clay tour, which affected his upper respiratory system and digestive tract, and forced him to two weeks of rest. Then he experienced a recurrence with bronchospasm. These situations negatively altered his preparation for the tour and forced him to miss Estoril and Madrid tournaments. When falling early in Rome, Del Potro decided to return to Argentina for new medical checks.

After serialized clinical studies and athletic evaluations, it was found an improvement in clinical and respiratory status as well as his physical response to sport demands. However, the medical team, led by Dr. Roberto Peidro, in conjunction with the coaching staff, has decided to continue with Del Potro´s preparation and treatment in Argentina until achieve a full recovery. For this reason, Delpo have been advised not to participate at Roland Garros as it not reaching in time at full physical condition.
"I'm sad to miss such an important tournament, obviously is a blow because these are the tournaments that you always dream of winning. Now I´ll get through this time, get full recovery and prepare myself to perform a hundred percent in the next commitments," Del Potro said. "

(translation by @pablofisher)

Via @ jorgeviale, Del Potro´s communication manager.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Oh another sad news, God... Wish him speedy recovery

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: juan martin del potro, del potro, french open 2013, roland garros, viral, pope, argentina, bronchitis, del potro illness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+