Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hey all,

Today Twitter went buzzing with the rumor or may be the fact that Roger Federer has joined twitter. What caused this buzz?

At about 12pm CET, the official Roger Federer (RogerFederer.com) website on their homepage displayed the follow link of Roger Federer's official facebook account and official twitter account @RogerFederer

rf.com.jpeg

Screenshot Credit: SJF302 (Scott)

fb%20twitter.jpeg

Screenshot Credit: Rachael Bolton

This @RogerFederer twitter id had about 76 followers at about 12:00 pm CET, but, with in a couple of hours, now has 1439 followers.

Now, the homepage of the official RogerFederer website has removed the twitter link from their homepage and also, this follow @RogerFederer twitter link has been removed from their homepage.

But, under the links section on RogerFederer in the my links, there is still a link to twitter account, which states twitter and leads you to @RogerFederer twitter id.

rogerfederertwitter.png

A Brief history of @RogerFederer Twitter id::

RogerFederer twitter id is showing as registered on 9th April, 2013 on all tools & apps meant to check from which date the twitter id was registered from.

rf%20tweeting%20since.png

As, I had stated when MariaSharapova had joined twitter, Twitter has blocked id's of famous personalities including all old and young Tennis players.

So, I am 100% confident that this @RogerFederer twitter id is 100% genuine and we will soon get an official confirmation from Roger Federer.

PS: I have dropped an e-mail to the media communication cell of RogerFederer.com to get a clarification from them on this issue, when ever any clarification is received, will update this post.

Update: Roger Federer has finally announced today that he has joined twitter (23rd May, 2013 at 23:30 CEST) and his account has been verified by twitter.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Found this old tweet by @KishoreRF tweeted in December, 2012---- Tweet Link

BEST%20Twitter%20handle.png

PS: This @RogerFederer twitter id was actually blocked by twitter in 2006 & in April, 2013, was transferred to Team Roger Federer :). That's why, the id is getting shown to be registered on 9th April, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Ah HA ... well spotted re the transfer date!! Just shows how popular Roger is that the account now has 2677 followers and mounting as I type, though still only an Egg not following anybody and with no Tweets .............

I hope he does Tweet, it will be good to know that the account is genuine as there are a few out there purporting to be Roger, or his official site, though no doubt he will get totally inundated with Tweets from his multitude of fans!

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ha ha, there are some people who are messaging me to say that it might just be an error or a self-created story :)...

Okay, here is another interesting screenshot of an old error by the staff managing the RogerFederer.com website. During the Gillette Federer Tour, Roger Federer lost the first exo match vs Thomaz Bellucci 5-7, 6-3, 4-6, but, the staff at RogerFederer.com posted this on the home-page

rf2.png

After, we pointed out the error, the news was changed to -----

rf1.jpg

So, in a nutshell, I wish to tell you all that its not my story, I just mentioned what I saw :), though, I really wish, we get to see this soon ---------

follow%20meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpeg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

Okay, another screen-shot ----- (taken at the same time as the first time, this is the SwissGerman version of the official RogerFederer website)

swissssssssssssssssssss.png

Screenshot credit :: penabaza

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I will be convinced as and if Roger does Tweet and we can gauge from that it is really him and not just somebody copying what he has posted on Facebook :rolleyes:

I'm still rather sceptical having read this article posted on Sunday 19th May in OnTheGoTennis.

3af213a8fde20b6b8b90acfc2275b8b3_zps6c06

As the text may be rather small to read on some screens I will transcribe below ...

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

To quote the article above from OnTheGoTennis

It is fair to say Roger doesn't exactly appreciate the world of Twitter. The Swiss has long held out on joining the social media website, despite having a remarkable Facebook following. After his crushing straight sets loss at the hands of Rafael Nadal in the Rome final, Federer was asked to comment on Twitter's opinion that his serve was not up to speed. He didn't exactly take it well.

Q: Roger, you say you are healthy and I am convinced you are. The Twitter world says you are not and the speed of your serve was 174 and the second was 160 ....

R. Federer: Is that slow for a second serve ..... Is that slow?

Q: It is normal ........ the Twitter world says this.

R. Federer: Is everyone the same opinion. Janowicz serves at 225 but I am not that guy and I work my points differently and the radar is not always the story. Ask Rafa if I served slow and he will silence the Twitter world your friends.

No word on whether Rafa will take to Twitter to silence everyone once and for all.

It's probably fair to say that Federer won't be joining Twitter any time soon. But we won't give up hope, for we all know that even tennis players change their minds. It was just over a year ago that Maria Sharapova wrote this about Twitter:

I'm bored with myself on a daily basis, and I think if I'm bored, like eating a bowl of pasta, I don't need to let the world know that I'm at this restaurant eating a bowl of pasta.

And just look at the happy Twitter user now .....

#8 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

In an interesting move, today, the link of Twitter has been removed from the my links on RogerFederer.com

scott.jpg

Screenshot Credit: SJF302

I still believe that we will get a confirmation about this twitter joining news during Wimbledon or may be, mid of French Open. Though, makes me wonder, how come the guys handling official RF site posted the link of Twitter in advance? {possibly, an unforced error of announcing in advance :) }...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

The plot thickens!

Why do you think it will be announced during Wimbledon? Why wait till then?

Intriguing .....

#10 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

So, finally, Roger Federer today tweeted from his id :)...

I was 100% sure, that they will announce it during French Open or Wimbledon and they have done it today :).

The news is spreading like Jungle (Forest Fire) and every celebrity is welcoming @RogerFederer on twitter :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,803 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

So, finally, :) congratulations guys and enjoy with Federer's tweets :D

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#12 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Excellent, it was not a mistake after all he has joined!!

Hope Roger enjoys the Twitter experience too :)

#13 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Here's the screen-shot of the first tweet by Roger Federer and Roger Federer account has now been verified by twitter ----

Roger%20Federer%20verified.png

Roger Federer's first tweet ----- >>>>>>>>>>

A little (blue) bird told me that the place to be is @twitter, so here I am!

dorkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpeg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#14 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

The web team from RogerFederer.com replied to my E-mail and here is their reply ----

Hi Vibhu

Our designer was supposed to put the twitter follow code after Roger's first tweet, but did it bit early.

Yes, it's now official, Roger is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rogerfederer

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen | Best regards | Avec nos meilleures salutations Andrea ___________________

Andrea Neubert

premium sports

Horburgstrasse 9 4057

Basel Switzerland

Fax +41 61 272 18 13

www.premiumsports.ch

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

So it's official...

Great! I am following him and have tweeted to him but am not really expecting feedback  :)

#16 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

I am too and sincerely hope that Roger enjoys Twitter as a useful tool.  It would be totally mind blowing to get a personal response or even a follow ... I think the best bet for that honour would be somebody like our esteemed Vibhu Batra   ;)

#17 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I am too and sincerely hope that Roger enjoys Twitter as a useful tool.  It would be totally mind blowing to get a personal response or even a follow ... I think the best bet for that honour would be somebody like our esteemed Vibhu Batra   ;)

Ha ha, thanks for the compliment :). I will follow Tony Godsick err RF on the day he follows me :)... Ha ha, see how #humble I am :)....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Okay, till now, Roger Federer has tweeted three times & interestingly, 2 of them have been from twitter web and 1 from Blackberry ---------

3%20tweetsssssssssssssssss.png

PS: Do not ask me, how he knows, how to tag RolandGarros or Reddit :)....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#19 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

I am sure Roger is quite "web savvy" and computer literate really, he's just a bit of a private guy ..... so this is another step under the microscope so to speak .... but he can rest assured we fans love it .... ;)

#20 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

Thanks a ton Vibhuu.!!!!
hope roger tweets as many as possible!!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+