• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Will Stanislas Wawrinka be fit in time to play at French Open, Roland Garros 2013?

stanislas wawrinka stan wawrinka french open roland garros french open 2013 paris 2013 stan stan aircraft fly 7 fly 7 airlines stan aircraft fly 7

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

After Stan Wawrinka's heroics at Portugal Open, 2013 (where he defeated David Ferrer to win his 1st title in over two years) and Madrid Open, 2013 (where he reached the finals), he had to retire from Italian Open, 2013 before his 2nd round match vs Alexandr Dolgopolov.

wawrinka_0505ap_630.jpg

File picture of Stan Wawrinka with the Potrugal Open 2013 trophy

Stan Wawrinka while talking to journalists during the ceremony of an aircraft being named "Stan" to honor him told journalists "The danger is that I might not play at Roland Garros" said the ailing Stanislas Wawrinka at the Lausanne airport Bl├ęcherette.

"Since my retirement from Rome, I have not touched a Tennis racquet even once. And no matter what happens, I will not be able to do before Thursday, " said the Swiss No. 2 according to his own statement in a muscle tear in his thigh or in details, rupture of a muscle fiber in his thigh.

On Wednesday after the appointment with his doctor, in which he would go through certain tests, he will know more about his injury. Wawrinka further said "In the worst case, there might be an absence of several weeks or even several months."

Wawrinka lost in the Round of 16 at French Open, 2012 and has to defend 180 points. He moved back to No. 10 ranking for a week after 5 years and some Tennis experts had described him as one of the Top 5 favorites to win French Open, 2013.

Here's hoping the Swiss No. 2 and the French Open Junior champion of 2003 regains his full fitness soon and is fit enough to play at French Open and Wimbledon 2013.

Meanwhile, To honor Stan Wawrinka, "Pilatus PC12 Fly7" aircraft was renamed as "Stan".

Here are a few pics from the event.

Pictures of Stan Wawrinka cutting the ribbon

stan2.jpeg

stan%205.jpg

stan%203.jpg

stan%206.jpg

stan%204.jpg

stan7.jpg

stan8.jpg

stan9.jpg

stan10.jpg

My next big wish is to fly in the "Stan" Aircraft soon :)

stan11.jpg

Image courtesy: 24heures.ch

Photographer :  PHILIPPE MAEDER

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

And here's video..

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#3 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

All the best to Stan, hope he recovers in time, he's the kind of player that makes tennis more spectacular.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Update: Stan Wawrinka today tweeted that he is leaving for Paris to play at French Open, 2013. So, here's wishing him good luck for Roland Garros.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#5 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Good luck Wawrinka...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stanislas wawrinka, stan wawrinka, french open, roland garros, french open 2013, paris 2013, stan, stan aircraft, fly 7, fly 7 airlines, stan aircraft fly 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+