• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Andy Murray withdraws from French Open due to back injury

Andy Murray French Open Roland Garros Murray out of French Open Roger Federer Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic David Ferrer

4 replies to this topic

#1 mbthecool19

mbthecool19

Reporter RF Fans

• Members +
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIndia

Current mood: Cheeky

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Current World no.2 Andy Murray withdrew from the French Open which starts next week due to a cronic back injury.His priority now is to gain full fitness before Wimbledon.
Murray aggravated his back injury last week in Rome in his match vs. Marcel Granollers. He took a long medical time-out to get treatment on his left thigh and lower back. After the 2nd set he couldn't continue and ultimately retired from the match.
Murray said on Tuesday," 'It's a really tough decision and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice I am not fit to compete.'Apologies to the organizers and thanks to everyone for the messages of support. Now my complete focus is on getting back on the court as soon as possible."

andy-murray-in-pain.jpg

Murray has said his back problems began in late 2011 season and are linked to a disk problem.
He said that, he played through back pain in last year's French Open last year with the help of
painkillers, eventually losing in the Quarter-finals to David Ferrer in 4 sets.

article-2328722-19CB2D08000005DC-554_634x413.jpg

Murray's withdrawal from the French Open means that,the top four mens seeds will be Djokovic (1),Federer (2), Nadal (3) and Ferrer (4). This certainly rules out Djokovic and Federer landing in the same half. Similarly there is no possibility of a Ferrer-Nadal semi-final at Roland Garros.
So the potential semis could be Djokovic-Nadal, Ferrer-Federer or Federer-Nadal, Djokovic-Ferrer.
The official Men's and Women's draw to be out Friday.

#2 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's a pitty that he can't be present.

In terms of draw, it's not good news for Roger, because he now might avoid Novak in the semis, but now he can play Nadal, which would not happen if Murray was in the draw. On the other hand, it would not be worse playing Murray on clay than Ferrer, I think.

#3 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Oh so sad to hear that, I wish him quick healing...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#4 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Andy Murray is a doubt for Wimbledon after pulling out of the French Open with a back injury. Roger Federer gave his thoughts on Murray's back issues.

Sky Sports interview with ‬Roger Federer‪...

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#5 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Here are few pics of Andy Murray At Frenchay hospital in Bristol

tumblr_mn8iu11EnX1qb2wsio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn8i95wxKp1qb2wsio1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn8i6cb55p1qb2wsio1_400.jpg

tumblr_mn8hp7pojR1qb2wsio1_400.jpg

tumblr_mn8hppJKaQ1qb2wsio1_500.jpg

pics from i love andy murray tumblr..

Follow us also on...

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Andy Murray, French Open, Roland Garros, Murray out of French Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, David Ferrer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+