Photo
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

This is how the ATP rankings of Top-30 looked like just before the start of French Open, 2013 on 27th May, 2013

top%2030.png

As you know, Grand Slams are the most yielding in terms of not only the prize money but also of Ranking Points, so the following questions are most relevant from the rankings point of view -

(i) Will Novak Djokovic be ranked #1 even if he fails to reach the finals of French Open 2013 or has an early exit at French Open, 2013? Will Novak Djokovic still be No. 1 if Roger Federer wins the French Open, 2013?

(ii) How many points will Rafael Nadal lose if he fails to defend his title at French Open? Will Rafa Nadal drop out from Top-4? What will be his ranking post French Open, 2013? If Rafa Nadal wins French Open, can he move up in the rankings or will he stay #4 even if he wins French Open, 2013?

(iii) How much the ATP points difference will be between Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray & Roger Federer after French Open, 2013?

(iv) As you all will be aware, as Andy Murray has withdrawn from French Open 2013, how many ATP Points will Andy Murray lose by withdrawing from French Open, 2013?

(v) Can Roger Federer regain #2 ATP ranking from Andy Murray after French Open, 2013?

(v)  What would be the ATP points of Top 4 be in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 10 June, 2013 (after French Open, 2013)?

(vii) How many ATP ranking points are at stake during French Open, 2013?

(viii) As Tomas Berdych just now lost in the 1st Round of French Open, 2013, will we see a fall in his ATP Ranking?

(ix) How far can David Ferrer go in the rankings if he reaches the Semi-finals or finals of French Open, 2013 or wins it? Can David Ferrer regain #4 ranking from Rafa Nadal after French Open, 2013?

x) How many ATP Ranking points will Juan Martin Del Potro lose out for skipping French Open, 2013?

(x) What are the ranking scenarios for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Tipsarevic, Richard Gasquet, Stanislas Wawrinka, Milos Raonic, Kei Nishikori, Jerzy Janowicz, Ernests Gulbis, David Goffin, Gael Monfils at French Open, 2013?

So, for getting the answers to all these questions & the likely changes to Top 5 rankings, please read on ---

atp5.jpg

Collage (edited by crazyfedfan ) having the pictures of Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, David Ferrer and Rafael Nadal

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Before we go any further, let me firstly remind you how many ATP ranking points are at stake in the Grand slams including French Open, 2013?

1. The winner gets 2000 points.

2. The losing finalist gets 1200 points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist gets 720 points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist gets 360 points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16 (Round-4) gets 180 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 (Round-3) takes 90 points each.

7. The loser of Round of 64 (Round-2) gets 45 points each.

8. The loser of Round of 128 (Round-1) gets 10 points each.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

How many points the Top 10  have to defend at the French Open, 2013?

Rafael Nadal is the defending champion as he had won the French Open 2012 , so, Nadal is defending 2000 points at French Open, 2013.

Novak Djokovic had lost in the Finals of French Open, 2012, so he is defending 1200 points at French Open, 2013.

Roger Federer had lost in the Semi-finals at French Open, 2012, so he has to defend 720 points at French Open, 2013.

David Ferrer had lost in the Semi-finals at French Open, 2012, so he has to defend 720 points at the French Open, 2013.

Andy Murray had lost in the Quarter Finals of French Open, 2012, so Murray by virtue of skipping French Open, 2013 will lose out these entire 360 points.

Tomas Berdych lost in the R4 of French Open, 2012, so Berdych had to defend 180 points at the French Open, 2013, but as he lost out in the 1st Round, he will lose out 170 (180-10) points when the ATP Rankings are next announced on 10th June, 2013.

Del Potro had lost in the Quarter Finals of French Open, 2012, so Delpo will lose out these entire 360 points by virtue of skipping French Open, 2013.

Tsonga lost in the QF of French Open, 2012, so Tsonga is defending 360 points at the French Open, 2013.

Richard Gasquet lost in the 4th Round of French Open, 2012, so Gasquet is defending only 180 points at the French Open, 2013.

Stan Wawrinka also lost in the 4th Round of French Open, 2012, so Stan also is defending 180 points at the French Open, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Here is a per Round calculation sheet of Top 8

Attached File  french open 2013.pdf   152.67KB   587 downloads

PS: Feel free to download this to understand how the ATP Ranking keep increasing after every round @ French Open, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

From the above sheet,

(i) it is 100% clear that Novak Djokovic will remain #1 even if he has an early round exit at French Open, 2013.

(ii) Roger Federer will regain No. 2 ranking after French Open 2013 from Andy Murray if Roger Federer reaches the final of French Open, 2013.

(iii) Andy Murray at worst, will get to No. 3 ranking and that too only if Roger Federer reaches the finals of Roland Garros, 2013, else Murray's #2 ranking is 100% safe post French Open, 2013.

(iv) Rafael Nadal to keep his #4 ranking will have to win French Open, 2013 else David Ferrer will regain #4 ranking from Rafa Nadal even if Rafa loses out in the finals of French Open, 2013.

(v) David Ferrer will regain #4 ranking from Rafa Nadal if he Ferrer reaches the finals of French Open, 2013, even if Rafa Nadal wins French Open, 2013.

(vi)  As Tomas Berdych has lost out today in the 1st round of French Open, 2013, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has to chance to get to #6 ranking if Tsonga reaches the finals of French Open, 2013.

vii) If Tsonga reaches the semi-finals of French Open, 2013, he will replace Del Potro as the #7th ranked ATP Player.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Some miscellaneous ATP Ranking scenarios based on the draw of French Open, 2013 :::

(i) As David Goffin has to play vs Novak Djokovic in the 1st round of French Open, 2013, so, if Goffin loses in the first round, he will lose out 186 points as last year, he had reached 4th Round of French Open, so from a current ranking of 58, David Goffin will move out of Top-80 after French Open, 2013.

(ii) Richard Gasquet is scheduled to meet Stan Wawrinka in the 4th Round & they both are defending 180 points at French Open, 2013, so who so ever wins their contest will gain 180 points and a chance to meet Rafa Nadal in the quarter-finals.

(iii) Jerzy Janowicz too is in the same half as Stan Wawrinka and Gasquet. So, if Janowicz manages to defeat Wawrinka in the 3rd round and Gasquet in the 4th Round of French Open, 2013, he will gain 360 points and will move in to the Top-20 rankings.

(iv) Kei Nishikori hadn't played in French Open, 2012, so if he manages to reach the 4th Round of French Open, 2013, he will gain 180 points and can reach close to 12th ranking after French Open, 2013.

(v) Milos Raonic too has a great chance to reach the 4th Round of French Open, 2013 if he manages to beat Kevin Anderson and thus, will gain 90 points.

(vi) Grigor Dimitrov is scheduled to play vs Novak Djokovic in the 3rd round of French Open, 2013 and Dimitrov is defending 45 points, so, will be tough for Dimitrov to gain more than 45 points at French Open, 2013.

(vii) The draw has opened up for Ernests Gulbis & if he manages to reach the Quarter-finals of French Open, 2013, he will ensure himself of a rank in the Top 30 and thus, a seeding at Wimbledon, 2013.

(viii) Similarly, draw is now wide open for Gael Monfils, so, if Monfils manages to reach Quarter-finals of French Open, 2013, Monfils too will get back in to Top 40 from his current rank of 81.

For any other player's ranking, feel free to drop in a comment and I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Waiting for this post. Thanks a lot. It does take a lot of time of your to prepare this table. #salute

#8 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,326 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

And what about Juan Monaco after his loss yesterday??

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

@Sausan : Juan Monaco will lose 170 points & thus, will lose 170 points. Possibly, will lose 2 ranks & will be 19th after French open.

& @guest: Thanks for your nice words, means a lot :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,326 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

Mmmm,thanks Vibhu :) ...Actually i feel bad for Monaco.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#11 kartnite

kartnite

Roger Federer Fans 1000 Title

• Moderators
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMy Father, Let my country awake!

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yep - it was that fifth point which was always in my mind once the draw was revealed last Friday. 

It was clear. If there is a Rafa-Ferrer final, Rafa can celebrate his win by LOSING his ranking to Ferrer. epic :lol:

- I am not what I am. And what I am not, that is precisely what I am.

#12 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the post vıbhu:)

#13 Guest_Rose Dakin_*

Guest_Rose Dakin_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

A very interesting post thanks vibhu it must take a lot of time gathering all the info.

#14 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Now that we know the matches of Round of 16 ----

Djokovic vs Kohlschrieber

Federer vs Simon

Nadal vs Nishikori

Ferrer vs Anderson

Robredo vs Almargo

Tsonga vs Troicki

Gasquet vs Wawrinka

Youzhny vs Tommy Haas

Let us have a quick coverage of players not covered above -----

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Okay, let us have a quick look at the following players & their ranking scenarios :

(i) Kei Nishikori by virtue of reaching R4 has already ensured #12 ranking, if (by chance), he beats Rafa Nadal, Nishikori will be ranked #11th after French Open.

(ii) Tommy Haas if he wins his R4 match vs Youhny, will jump 2 rankings and will be close to 12th.

(iii) Robredo has ensured a ranking in Top 32 after French Open and will get a seeding at Wimbledon as well. If he wins the R4 match, he will be close to *28 or 27.

(iv) Troicki by virtue of reaching R4 is now close to 41 rank, if he wins his R4 Match, he will to close to 34 or 33 in the rankings.

(V) If Kevin Anderson wins his R4 Match, he will be close to #21 & if he wins his QF match, will be close to 17th & if he wins his SF match, will reach close to #13th rank.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Guest_Becky Sankner_*

Guest_Becky Sankner_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

This is wonderful! Thank you for providing this information.

#17 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

So, now that we know the Quarter-Finals, let us have a quick look at how the Rankings can change :::

The following is the sequence of QF's of French Open 2013 ----

Roger Federer vs Tsonga,

David Ferrer vs Robredo

Djokovic vs Tommy Haas

Rafa Nadal vs Stanislas Wawrinka

Tsonga :::  IF (of course, there is a big IF) Tsonga wins his QF match vs Federer, he will move ahead of Del Potro to #7 after French Open, 2013 and if Tsonga goes on to win his SF match, he will move ahead of Berdych & will be #6.

Robredo : If Tommy Robredo wins his QF Match vs David Ferrer, he will move up to #22 ranking ahead of Jerzy Janowicz & if Robredo wins his SF Match also, he will move to #16.

Tommy Haas: By virtue of reaching the QF, already Tommy Haas has ensured a ranking of #11 & if Haas manages to beat Djokovic, he will ensure a Top 10 ranking.

Stan Wawrinka: & if Wawrinka manages to beat Rafa Nadal in the Quarter-finals, Wawrinka will ensure a ranking of *at least* #9 after French Open, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAllahabad ( तीर्थराज प्रयाग ) , India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

With Rafa vs Nole in the semis , its clear that one of them has to loose points tomorrow. And if Ferrer and Rafa win tomorrow , Rafa will loose 4th spot in the ranking even if he wins the title.
Am I right?

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Now, that David Ferrer is through to the finals, he will regain #4 ranking from Rafa Nadal (even if Rafa wins French Open, 2013) & Rafa Nadal will be #5 (even if he wins French Open title for the 8th time) ...

What that means, is that Rafa will get #5 seeding at Wimbledon even after counting 75% points of Wimbledon 2011. More about Wimbledon seedings in a new post tomorrow morning.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

& if David Ferrer wins the French Open 2013 title, Ferrer will be ranked #3 , Federer - #4 and Nadal - #5. See the pdf sheet (6 posts above this) for more details..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atp ranking scenarios, french open 2013, roland garros 2013, paris 2013, atp top 10 after french open 2013, atp ranking possibilities, roger federer, andy murray, novak djokovic, rafael nadal, david ferrer, grigor dimitrov, jerzy janowicz, kei nishikori, milos raonic, stan wawrinka, richard gasquet, janko tipsarevic, tsonga, del potro, delpo, tomas berdych

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+