• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WTA Ranking Scenarios post French Open, Roland Garros 2013

wta wta ranking scenarios serena williams maria sharapova victoria azarenka radswanka maria kirilenko errani sara errani

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

This is how the WTA rankings looked like before the start of French Open, 2013 :::

wta.png

As you all know, the following are the scheduled QF's of French Open, 2013 (ladies Singles) ----

Serena Williams vs Svetlana Kuznetsova

Agnieszka Radwanska vs Sara Errani

Maria Sharapova vs Jelena Jankovic

Victoria Azarenka vs Maria Kirilenko

Let us have a quick look at how many WTA Points are at stake at grand slams including French Open, 2013

1. The winner gets 2000 points.

2. The losing finalist gets 1400 points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist gets 900 points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist gets 500 points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16 (Round-4) gets 280 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 (Round-3) takes 160 points each.

7. The loser of Round of 64 (Round-2) gets 100 points each.

8. The loser of Round of 128 (Round-1) gets 5 points each.

How many points are they defending at French Open, 2013 :::

Serena Williams had lost in the R1 of 2012 French Open, so she is defending only 5 points.

Maria Sharapova is the defending champion of French Open 2012, so she is defending 2000 points at French Open, 2013.

Azarenka lost in the 4th Round of French Open 2012, so she is defending 280 points @ French Open, 2013.

Radwanska had lost in the 3rd Round of French Open 2012, so she is defending 160 points @ French Open, 2013.

Sara Errani had lost in the final of French Open 2012, so she is defending 1400 points @ French Open, 2013.

Maria Kirilenko had lost in the R2 of French Open 2012, so she is defending 100 points @ French Open, 2013.

top4WTA.jpg

So, for all your WTA ranking queries including :

Will Serena Williams be #1 after French Open, 2013 ?

Will Maria Sharapova be able to retain her #2 after French Open, 2013 or can Victoria Azarenka regain #2 ranking from Masha after French Open, 2013?

Will Sara Errani be able to climb to #4 if she manages to beat Radwanska or win the finals of French Open, 2013?

What will be the ranking changes of Maria Kirilenko, Jelena Jankovic, Svetelna Kuznetsova post French Open, 2013?

Read on in the following posts.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

1. Serena Williams : leads Masha by 1605 points & Vika Azarenka by 2615 points.

As Masha can't gain any points, so, Serena Williams is assured of #1 ranking after French Open, 2013.

serena%20no%201.jpg

2. For Maria Sharapova to ensure her #2 ranking post French Open, 2013, Sharapova will have to win French Open, 2013 title or hope, Azarenka loses before the finals of French Open, 2013.

If Azarenka wins the French Open semi-final vs Sharapova, Vika will get to 10,125 points while Sharapova will be on 8915 points.

While if Sharapova wins the French Open semi-final vs Azarenka, Masha will be on 9415 points (if she loses the final) while Azarenka by virtue of reaching semis will be on 9615 points.

& if Sharapova wins the French Open title, she will be on 10,015 points & thus her #2 ranking will be 100% secure.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Radwanska #4 ranking is secure post French Open, 2013.

If Sara Errani loses in the quarter-final vs Radwanska, she will lose 900 points and might get down to #7 after French Open, 2013.

Maria Kirilenko will reach #10 ranking for the first time in her career after French Open, 2013 (only condition is that if Jelena Jankovic reaches the finals of French Open, 2013, Kirilenko needs to reach Semi-finals of French Open, 2013 to ensure her Top-10 ranking. If Mariki reaches semis, she is assured of at least #8 ranking & if she reaches finals, she is assured of #6 ranking.

If Kuznetsova reaches the semi-finals (has assured her self of #27 ranking by reaching QF), she is assured of *at least* #20 ranking, if Kuznetsova reaches the final, she is assured of *at least* #17 ranking and if she wins the title, she is assured of *at least* #12 ranking.

If Jelena Jankovic (who has assured her self of #16 ranking by reaching QF) reaches the semi-finals, she is assured of *at least* #11 ranking, if Jankovic reaches the final, she is assured of *at least* #10 ranking and if she wins the title, she is assured of *at least* #9 WTA ranking.

In case of any doubt, feel free to drop in a comment and I will answer it as soon as possible.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

My guess: Serena beats Masha to win the title. Vika and Masha will be exchange places, Vika new #2.

#5 Guest_ms. Darcy_*

Guest_ms. Darcy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Would not bet the house on this match, Victoria should win. One thing is certain, it will be loud.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Now, that the semi-finals line is fixed :::

Serena Williams vs Sara Errani &

Maria Sharapova vs Victoria Azarenka

Sara Errani: Her #5 ranking is now 100% confirmed after French Open, 2013....

Maria Kirilenko is confirmed to enter the Top-10 for the first time after French Open, 2013, will be ranked #10 after French Open, 2013 in spite of today's loss..

& Jelena Jankovic after today's loss will be ranked #16 after French Open, 2013..

Serena Williams, Sharapova, Azarenka's ranking scenarios explained in the first two posts.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wta, wta ranking scenarios, serena williams, maria sharapova, victoria azarenka, radswanka, maria kirilenko, errani, sara errani

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+