• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match Report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer's loss to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, French Open, Roland Garros 2013

roger federer jo wilfried tsonga tsonga french open 2013 paris 2013

30 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Jo Wilfried Tsonga ousted Roger Federer 7-5, 6-3, 6-3 in 1 hour and 51 minutes to reach his first ever semi-final at Roland Garros, 2013 where he will face David Ferrer on Friday.

jo willy jumps.jpeg

1st Set

Tsonga started with a comfortable love hold in the first game & had a break point on the very first service game of Federer. Though, the Swiss Maestro managed to save that break point. Federer then managed to break Tsonga's service in the 5th game with a scorching forehand and then comfortably, held his service to a 4-2 lead. It looked as if it will be a routine set for the Swiss Maestro, but clearly Tsonga had other ideas.

Tsonga however had a break point in the 8th game and managed to get the break back to level the first set at 4-all. The next 3 service game went on service with Tsonga holding 4 of his service games to love while Federer had a tougher time on his service mainly because of his errors that kept coming especially on the forehand side after every alternate point.

The French Man got three break points & set points in the 12th game, how ever Federer managed to save those three break points. How ever, Federer gifted another break point to Tsonga with a forehand error and Tsonga managed to break Federer's service and win the first set 7-5 in 39 minutes.

2nd set

Things went from bad to worst for Federer as he got broken on his very first service game (second game of the set) with 3 successive forehand errors. The French Man had two comfortable service holds to race to a 3-0 lead in the second set.

Tsonga again had a break point in the 6th game, but Federer managed to save it to make it 2-4. Three games later, Tsonga served out the set 6-3 in 35 minutes.

3rd set

Last year, Roger Federer in the Quarter-final of French Open came back from 2 sets down to win in 5 sets vs Juan Martin Del Potro, but that hope was dashed in the very first game as Federer double faulted to gift the first game of the 3rd set to the French Man.

How ever, Federer managed to break Tsonga's service the very next game to make it 1-all as Federer shouted his customary come on. Twp games later, Federer again had to face two break points managed to save those.

How ever at 3-3, on his service in the 7th game, Federer missed two easy overhead smash and that proved to be the last nail in the coffin as Federer got broken to hand over a 4-3 lead to the French Man.

Tsonga had a comfortable hold to make it 5-3 and Federer once again because of his unforced errors got broken and thus Tsonga won the 3rd set 6-3 in 37 minutes.

Here are the match stats --------

tsonga%20stats.png

Clearly, when you have 34 unforced errors in three sets, it is impossible to win and that was the case today with Federer.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga won 7-5, 6-3, 6-3 in 1 hour and 51 minutes and will play his first ever semi-final at Roland Garros vs David Ferrer on Friday.

It was a lackluster display by Roger Federer with almost 80% of his 34 unforced errors coming on the forehand side.

As the Swiss Maestro said after the match, "I'm pretty sad with the result. Disappointed with the way I played. My game just wasn't working today. Things didn't go well."

Federer further added, "I thought Jo-WIlly (Tsonga) played pretty great today. In all areas he was better than me and that's why he won."

972113_10151644681254920_1221563940_n.jp

Federer further added, "In a way, I've moved past this loss already. I don't know what's next, I'll talk to my team to ready for Halle, Wimbledon."

Next up for Roger Federer will be the Gerry Weber Open, 2013 at Halle starting from Monday.

Pics, interview quotes, video highlights in the following posts..

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 ramos

ramos

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

Congrats to Tsonga, hope he does well, the French crowd deserve it, but I am not very convinced he will have to game to win the final, if he reaches it.

I am truly sad about Roger's loss and performance... He had an excellent opportunity to reach the final this year, but now it's over...

Well, at the end of the day, it's just tennis.

Let's hope Wimbledon is ours again, very soon!

C'mon ROGER!!! Grab the 8th!!

#3 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAllahabad ( तीर्थराज प्रयाग ) , India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Vibhu's dream have to wait for one more year. U know vibhu , i also want to see a rafa, fed clash for RG title.but i'll cheering for my all time favourite Rafael Nadal

#4 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Vibhu's dream have to wait for one more year. U know vibhu , i also want to see a rafa, fed clash for RG title.but i'll cheering for my all time favourite Rafael Nadal

#5 ramos

ramos

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

I am afraid that is unlikely!!

Also, I can't see the point of coming to Federer's fans forum to state you'd like to see him lose another RG final!

Our super Federer can lose some matches, can get down in the rankings, can see some records surpassed, but he will be unbeatable in what it matters most: playing style and, above all, sportsmanship.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

If I remember correctly, I had told you that dream will never be called a dream if it becomes reality :)..

Here are a few pics from the match -----------

397462_10151644612299920_353894697_n.jpg

992993_551616964884652_951302485_n.jpg

6479_581278978583686_483988708_n.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Some more pics from the match ----------

8591_551616831551332_456934878_n.jpg

10354_313476538784344_38007830_n.jpg

Some pictures of Roger Federer & Jo-WIlfried Tsonga hug & handshake and Tsonga saying thanks to Roger for letting him win

295693_313476585451006_1846877131_n.jpg

601754_313476608784337_879165910_n.jpg

936867_313476495451015_491741659_n.jpg

931429_313476488784349_1493547961_n.jpg

969395_313476475451017_2140907195_n.jpg

295633_551616924884656_1033454889_n.jpg

292554_551617364884612_2054767611_n.jpg

971357_551617974884551_2035231302_n.jpg

426615_551617934884555_469078073_n.jpg

249113_551618231551192_139486745_n.jpg

292554_551617364884612_2054767611_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

972170_382476128539419_1262853438_n.jpg

165997_382456915208007_755304643_n.jpg

922749_382453141875051_1807888142_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#9 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Roger Federer's press conference video -----------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

This is how Brad Gilbert analyzed the match -------------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Tsonga's post match on court interview ------- (in French)

Tsonga, "At the end I told him Thank You for letting me win this time."

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

highlights from the match -------------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

For in-depth analysis of how the ATP Rankings are likely to change after French Open, 2013, see this detailed post right here.

To see pictures of Mirka Federer, Federer twins taken at French Open, click here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#14 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Roger Federer also clarified that physically, he is 100% okay, just that he couldn't put in a good match...  Hear that, right here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

To ramos, I just come here for the ranking scenarios. No other place can be better than this for that. There is nothing like I am a fan of Roger or anything. He is a good player, I know. But not just quite enough for me.
To vibhu, 2014 might be the year. Lets hope for a Fedal at final. Better player will win.

#16 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

Well, was a tough match, I though, Jo Willy was good, but Federer unfortunately looked below par. I fail to understand why fans tend to over-react so much? As Paul Annacone said in an interview (which I posted), by now, Roger Federer will be playing with the cute twin daughters and some fans are getting too melodramatic, God knows why?

Read that full interview right here.

I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#17 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Highlights in HD -----------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

This day dawned with much expectation for a close match and an eventual win for Roger, but sadly this was not to be. Jo-Wilfred was fired up and played well, whereas it was not Roger's day. His game deserted him for some reason and it was sad to see him miss shots that he would normally make with consummate ease.

We all have bad days, but thankfully can cope with that away from the public scrutiny, let alone being filmed and beamed around the world, to be analysed and discussed in minute detail.

I hope the Roger can recoup with the help of his family and team. I look forward to seeing his return to Wimbledon.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#19 ramos

ramos

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

To ramos, I just come here for the ranking scenarios. No other place can be better than this for that. There is nothing like I am a fan of Roger or anything. He is a good player, I know. But not just quite enough for me.
To vibhu, 2014 might be the year. Lets hope for a Fedal at final. Better player will win.

If I were you, and this is only my opinion, I would first read the title of this forum. Then, I would rethink my membership, given you are not a fan of Roger as you say.

The least you can do, when posting here, is to show some respect. Roger is the greatest player in the history of tennis, right now. Read the stats. He can of course be surpassed in the future, but right now, he's the greatest.

Coming here, to the house of the ones who admire him so much to write, like you did, things like "He is a good player, I know. But not just quite enough for me." is just trolling, man, don't do that!!

#20 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

That is my opinion dude. Let it be mine. Your arguements can't change it. I have never shown disrespect to your greatest guy of tennis. If my account hurts u, then sorry I cannot do anything about it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+