• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Projected Wimbledon 2013 Men's singles seedings and every thing that you need to know about Wimbledon seedings

wimbledon 2013 mens seedings wimbledon seedings explained how does wimbledon seedings work wimbledon 2013 seedings wimbledon 2013 mens seedings

27 replies to this topic

#21 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wimbledon would be wise to seed Nadal at 4 and Ferrer at 5.

They should do this for the sake of their man (Federer) or their other man (Murray) :D

Unfortunately, that's not possible, after the 2002 agreement with ATP, Wimbledon has to follow the seeding system as explained in the first post.

This explanation looked like a classroom lecture to me. I have covered Wimbledon for more than a decade on many television networks, but, have never read such a detailed explanation. Take a bow. Find time to update #6 to #32 seeds & if you can get that right as well, I am sure, that will be a great accomplishment.

Thanks for your nice words, John.

#22 Guest_RF king of the lawn_*

Guest_RF king of the lawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I don't get how everyone can be so worried and faithless in roger. First off about how he's on a decline? The man just won a major last year and won multiple titles, as well as finishing second in the ATP finale. FYI he beat nadal (Indian wells) djokovic (Wimbledon, cincy) and Murray (Dubai, Wimbledon) all last year. I just can't believe because of one bad start of a year everyone gets all over him like "oh he's finished". I hope he gets bracketed with rafa and nole, and takes them out before he beats that cry-baby Murray again in the finals. Roger is gangster on grass and when he's on, his serve and volley is almost impossible to stop. I like to go back and watch the first final in 2006 against rafa where he embarrassed him in the first set.

#23 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

& the good news is that seedings will be announced by approximately 12 pm BST tomorrow (19th June, 2013). Thanks John for the appreciation, have grown up hearing your previews & post match shows, so really appreciate your feed-back. Will post about #6 to #32 seedings prediction later in the evening.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#24 Guest_Parin_*

Guest_Parin_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

It is excellent! It could not be clearer. Quite a good deal of calculation to digest. Thank you for your expertise.

#25 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

So, Wimbledon announced 2013 seedings and here are the top 32 seedings ---\\\

GENTLEMEN'S SINGLES

DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) [1]
MURRAY, Andy (GBR) [2]
FEDERER, Roger (SUI) [3]
FERRER, David (ESP) [4]
NADAL, Rafael (ESP) [5]
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) [6]
BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) [7]
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin (ARG) [8]
GASQUET, Richard (FRA) [9]
CILIC, Marin (CRO) [10]
WAWRINKA, Stanislas (SUI) [11]
NISHIKORI, Kei (JPN) [12]
HAAS, Tommy (GER) [13]
TIPSAREVIC, Janko (SRB) [14]
ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP) [15]
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER) [16]
RAONIC, Milos (CAN) [17]
ISNER, John (USA) [18]
SIMON, Gilles (FRA) [19]
YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) [20]
QUERREY, Sam (USA) [21]
MONACO, Juan (ARG) [22]
SEPPI, Andreas (ITA) [23]
JANOWICZ, Jerzy (POL) [24]
PAIRE, Benoit (FRA) [25]
DOLGOPOLOV, Alexandr (UKR) [26]
ANDERSON, Kevin (RSA) [27]
CHARDY, Jeremy (FRA) [28]
DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL) [29]
FOGNINI, Fabio (ITA) [30]
BENNETEAU, Julien (FRA) [31]
ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP) [32]

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#26 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

Of course, all these players are the Top-32 in ATP Rankings:

(i) The first major change worth mentioning is Milos Raonic who is ranked #15 & has got #17 seeding. What that means is that, now in the 3rd round, he will get to face a player seeded from 1 to 16. If he was seeded 15th, he would have faced a player seeded 16 to 32 (or the one who defeated that player).

(ii) Kohlschrieber has got the 16th seeding and will have a great chance to reach Round-4.

iii) Wawrinka got a #11 seeding (ranked #10), Robredo is ranked 29th & got a 32 seeding, rest every thing as expected.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#27 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

A very comprehensive analysis and explanation of the seedings

Then next hurdle will be the draw.

It may sound like a nightmare for Roger to meet Nadal in the QF, Murray or Djokovic in SF / Final.
But there are many talented players out there and any of them could play the game of their life to take out a top seeded player.

To my mind anything is possible. The excitement is building for the Tournament to begin. My greatest wish is for Roger to have a good one and reach the Final :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#28 chak75

chak75

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Roger had the most difficult QF, now potentially he will have the easiest if Almagro goes through ( or Hewitt). The only potentially dangerous opponent for him in this side of the draw appears to be Jerzy.

I am hoping the others have tough QF, specially Murray-Tsonga, so that Roger can get a tired winner.

Good luck Maestro....

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wimbledon 2013, mens seedings, wimbledon seedings explained, how does wimbledon seedings work, wimbledon 2013 seedings, wimbledon 2013 mens seedings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+