• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Match Report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer's win over Cedrik-Marcel Stebe, Gerry Weber Open, Halle 2013

Cedrik-Marcel Stebe roger federer halle 2013 gerry weber open

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Roger Federer a four time champion at Halle started his 2013 Grass Court season with a comfortable 6-3 6-3 second round victory over Germany's Cedrik-Marcel Stebe at Gerry Weber Open, Halle.

x850.jpg

Roger Federer today was back wearing his trademark bandana. It needs to be stated that during his doubles match with Tommy Haas, he was spotted without a bandana, for the first time in almost a decade.

1st set

Federer broke Stebe's service in the very first game and that pretty much set the tone for the match.

The Swiss Maestro got the double break after the German netted an easy forehand in the 5th game to hand over a 4-1 lead to the 17 slam champion.

How ever, Federer got broken while serving for the set at 5-2.

But, Federer wrapped up the first set 6-3 in 33 minutes when Stebe slammed his cross-court backhand into the net to get broken for the third time in the set.

Here are the first set stats

fed%201st%20set.jpeg

2nd Set

The second set was more or less the same story, as Federer broke the German's serve to get to a 2-0 lead and that pretty much ended the German's hope of a come-back.

The German didn't have the consistency or the fire-power to test Federer's game which wasn't in top form as you will notice from the plethora of unforced errors.

The next 6 games went on service, Federer double faulted on his first match point & then hit a forehand long to give the German a break point, but didn't repeat the same mistake of the first set as he served out the match 6-3, 6-3 in 62 minutes.

Here are the overall match stats

statsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Federer now faces another German ranked #156 Mischa Zverev in the Round of 8 on Friday after the German defeated Mirza Basic 7-6(5) 6-3 (who had knocked out Jerzy Janowicz in the first round).

Scroll down for interview, Pics and Video highlights.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Pics from the match -------------

800x.jpg

CQ9JBSO.jpg

JKKfShg.jpg

P8J6mFm.jpg

BCqbOAm.jpg

yBCqPCb.png

Roger Federer posted on twitter Lets go take some pictures and sign some autographs......

BMk8d9lCYAAiJ7Z.jpg

Look who just asked for an autograph? The legendary Gerry Berry mascot from the Halle tournament. Haha 

BMk9xJECYAAVhNe.jpg

G8q97N0.jpg

GF40y2z.jpg

HLRjUt0.jpg

sf5gsaF.jpg

5xsnEnk.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Roger Federer's on court interview (in German) ---------

Translation (via Thierry H) of today's on court interview -------

"It's never easy to play the first few matches on grass so I'm always happy when I come through the first rounds because otherwise Wimbledon would be just around the corner. It takes away a bit pressure. 

Cedric had already played a match, it could have been an advantage and that's why I knew about the danger, I had practised a lot with him and he can play very well but my slice worked well against him today so I'm very satisfied in the end.

It's very relaxing here, everyone feels it here, not just the players but also the fans, everyone is in a good mood. Of course it's even better when the weather is good which has been the case today and that's why I like to take 15 minutes for the fans, the day has 24 hours so 15 minutes are not a lot, I enjoy doing it.
I'm not here every year and some of the people come from afar and hope to maybe not just watch me play but also to discuss a bit or to ... touch me (crowd going crazy) or to talk to me and I take part in that, that's no problem."

"Do your girls say something like your backhand down the line was not good today?"

"Today they would probably rather say that the serve was not so good. They don't ask whether I won or lost, not yet at least, it's not far away. But I think they like to come to the practice or to the matches.

There's a lot to do here, here in Halle. There are different things to do in the big cities but here where it's calm you can go to the forest or go swimming, there's a lot to do and they have fun being away from the big cities where there are lots of cars and it's very dangerous. 

It's very pleasant here and we enjoy it as a family.

I'm looking forward to playing against Zverev, he plays classic grass tennis, still goes to the net. I'm happy there are still a few of these players. So the match will definitely a bit different than today's match against Stebe who doesn't like to come to the net so I'm looking forward to that.

I played against Mischa once in Rome a long time ago, he played very well there, he is talented, you have to be careful there but I think I have 1 day break so I can still practise a bit and prepare well for the match."

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Set no -1 

Full recording video ---------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Set no-2 

Full video recording

Video recording by the incredibly sweet Milk 8812 :)....

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#6 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Another video of Federer's match 2nd set

1st set (1sh 3 games)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#7 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

More pics

992956_555028637876818_1642350024_n.jpg

5827_555028707876811_2128577910_n.jpg

993535_555034517876230_621581911_n.jpg

9360_555034637876218_1780749962_n.jpg

934939_555053261207689_526022211_n.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

994166_555053087874373_963125874_n.jpg

1001325_555053047874377_1318188953_n.jpg

1002789_555053177874364_617989209_n.jpg

1005567_550540994989520_455268001_n.jpg

1011210_550558701654416_916567669_n.jpg

Follow us also on...

#9 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Press Conference with Roger Federer after the match against Cedrik-Marcel Stebe...

Also Federer was asked about his trademark headband, that he was not wearing it in doubles match.

Federer joked about the appearance of former Austrian left-hander Stefan Koubek alongside his wife, Mirka, in his box during the match against Stebe. Was Koubek there as a coach or a friend?

“I hope he’s just a friend and he’s not flirting with my wife,” Federer laughed. “Otherwise I’ll take care of him later on. No, he’s around and he comes to practise with me in Switzerland or Dubai. We know each other so well and he’s one of my best friends from the Tour. I guess we’re just catching up. No, I’m not working with him. He’s working with an Austrian junior.”

Follow us also on...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cedrik-Marcel Stebe, roger federer, halle 2013, gerry weber open

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+