• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Match report, pics, video highlights from Roger Federer Vs Tommy Haas, Gerry Weber Open Halle 2013

Roger Federer Tommy Haas Semi Final halle 2013 gerry weber open 2013 fedaas

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 586 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

In an enthralling semi-final match between Roger Federer defeated Tommy Haas 3-6,6-3,6-4 in 1 hour & 38 minutes to reach the finals of Gerry Weber Open where he will face the winner of Richard Gasquet vs Mikhail Youzhny.

1003117_388052107981821_2109890229_n.jpg

1st set

Roger Federer had a break point in the opening game but couldn't convert. Tommy Haas's service through out the Gerry Weber Open has been top class & he hadn't lost his service even once in hi first two sets. The 35 year old German who has been in the form of his life broke the Swiss Maestro's service in the 6th game to get to a 4-2 lead.

The next two games went on service but Federer had two break points on Haas's service at 5-3, but once again the German showed some amazing finesse to save those break points & win the first set 6-3 in 31 minutes.

Here are the first set stats

haasy%201st%20set.jpeg

Roger Federer had won his Quarter-final match in 39 minutes & clearly, at this stage, the inform German was making his task very difficult.

2nd set

Roger Federer started the 2nd set with a comfortable hold & then broke the German's serve in the very next game to get to a 2-0 lead. This was the first time that Haas service got broken in his 3rd match at Halle & clearly, that was the first opening that Federer got in the match and he didn't allow to slip away the opening.

Federer had two set points on Haas service at 2-5, but the German saved both those break points thanks to some big serves but Federer served out the set in the very next game to win the set 6-3.

It was 1 set all & Federer had all the momentum going in to the third set.

3rd set

Roger Federer was able to put pressure on Haas's service & broke him in the 3rd game to lead 2-1. Haas had an opening in the very next service game of Federer as he lead by 0-30, but Federer thanks to some immaculate serving held his service to lead by 3-1. Federer's service was looking at its pinnacle at this stage & clearly, Haas had his task cut-out.

The next 5 games went on service & Federer served out the match in the 10th game to win 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 in 98 minutes.

Here are the overall match stats -----

haasy%20match.jpeg

Federer who hit 14 aces in the match faced difficulties in the first set but fought back to reach his 8th final at Halle .On the part of Haas ,he seemed in good form initially but made 8 double faults in the match & that proved to be deciding factor in the end.

This win ensured that Roger Federer sealed his place in his 112th Career final (has 76 titles till date), his 8th final at Halle (has won 5 titles @ Halle), his 2nd final of the year.

Federer, who is looking forward to win his first title of the year (this is the first year since 2000 that Federer has not won a single tournament till the end of Roland Garros) said- "He won the peak points in the first set and I in the 2nd and 3rd set.In the course of the match I got the upper hand from the baseline.I am  happy with my consistency in the match...I have not won any titles this year yet so I m very motivated  and eager to win this one here "

BMzYDdaCYAAW5X-.jpg

Scroll down for pictures, interview quotes, video highlights, recording from the match.

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#2 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Few pics from the match-

1600x.jpg

1600x.jpg

1600x.jpg

1600x.jpg

1600x.jpg

BMzdb7YCYAAeN9q.jpg

#3 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Federer smiling after the match-

BMzaavRCIAARGcc.jpg

BMze5zdCIAEgVw8.jpg

x1600.jpg

tumblr_moftyhrKf61rlws4ro1_500.png

#4 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

BMzfmW1CQAA1eS9.jpg

BMzX2O7CAAABLao.jpg

BMzh_f2CMAA1zxS.jpg

1008189_551824861527800_479498255_o.jpg

Federer's on court interview (after the match) -----

1012122_551907004852919_1706565242_n.jpg

''It's a good win for me, especially after losing the first set,'' Federer said. ''I felt I played well from start to finish, even in the first set.''

''This was my best serving by far this week,'' .

''It's a big final for me, after that I'll start thinking about Wimbledon,'' Federer said.

''Clearly, I wasn't sure how well I was really playing until today,'' 

'When you are a set down, one break and that could be the end for you. Fortunately, I was able to turn it around.''

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Video Highlights --------------

Another set of highlights -----------

Last two games from the match & the match point-------------

PS: Full highlights in HD & the whole match recording will be posted in a few minutes.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Set -1 (in HD)

Set-2 (in HD)

Set - 3 (in HD)

Full match (in HD)

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

Another full match recording (in HD)

Set-1

Set-2

Set-3

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

yayayayyyy!!! waiting for him to  lift his first trophy!!!
Rogiiii pleaaaseeeeee do it!!! good :) luck!

969707_616962514982211_1262155098_n.jpg

Mirka reacting after Roger's win-

BMzXiRwCIAA33ET.jpg

For more pictures of Mirka Federer taken at Halle, click here.

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#9 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Here's press conference video of Tommy Haas...

Q: Four consecutive weeks of tournaments for you. Is it catching up on you?

HAAS: I wouldn’t say so necessarily. I’m enjoying playing matches. That’s for me actually also the best sort of practice. Obviously having done well at the French Open is something I didn’t really expect to get that far. But I’ll have next week off to sort of do some training again in the gym and get ready mentally and physically for Wimbledon. So, I have a little bit of a break.

Q: Today the turnaround was very quick. You were up a set and then down a break. What happened?

HAAS: I took the first punch I guess in the first set with the break, served it out. In the second set I think he played the first three games extremely well. The ball bounced very close in the corners, very close to the lines. He played all of a sudden a little bit more aggressive I think wanting to change up his style of play a little bit and it paid off. He played aggressively. There wasn’t much I could have done about the break that I got. From then on he also served extremely well. Every time when there was a chance, maybe 15:30 or even 15 all, he served and placed the ball extremely well. I didn’t have many looks really during his service games. The third set was very similar. Maybe I had a slight chance at 1:0. He came up with the goods again, I challenged the ball, I do the first serve and just touch by a hair and these are the moments. These are the big points and I couldn’t do it. Then I played again maybe a little bit careless and he took advantage of it and that was it.

Q: So, how would you rate Federer? Would you pick him as the favourite for Wimbledon?

HAAS: Well, you always have to in some ways. He’s the defending champion. So, in my eyes he is the favourite. The results of his past many years on grass speak for themselves. I think he needs this confidence. He’s probably going to win the title here in Halle once again and he will be one of the favourites if not the favourite for Wimbledon.

Q: How do you rate your chances for Wimbledon after this week?

HAAS: I always look at the draw and check who my first opponent is and then, the first match is the most important. Anything else doesn’t count for me. I think it’s important for me to train and keep fit until then and get mentally fresh, too. The first match is always the most difficult for me because you never know how things will go. It’s best of five. In any case I would like to do better than last year. That’s my goal.

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Federer's press conference transcripts ------

1010634_551884058188547_231091739_n.jpg

Q: Obviously it was a pretty solid win over a guy who is playing well. You seem fairly pleased you made it through that?

FEDERER: Yes, especially after losing the first set. But like you said, it was a great match for me to play and then also to win. Tommy can play really well here. We saw that last year here and in previous years he’s also been successful. Clearly I wasn’t sure how well I was really playing coming into the semis. So, I’m very happy that I was able to maintain really a high level of play. After losing the first set there’s not that much margin anymore. It might take one break for him and that could be it. I think he won most of the big points in the first set probably because that one I think I was actually playing okay. But he got it. Then in the second and third I was able to turn it around and win the big points myself. So, it was a big, good win for me. And I thought the quality was also extremely high.

Q: Did you make like a statement today, something like ‘Watch out, I’m still there’? You beat a very good player.

FEDERER: Regardless of how I do, important is also of how I feel mentally and with my game. If I’m really panicky and I feel things that I’m trying are not working then the result matters. But, I’m playing pretty good for a long period of time already now that I’m not too worried about that going into Wimbledon or all these things. But clearly I’m very happy playing a finals tomorrow. It’s a big final for me. I love this tournament here. The only after this I will focus on Wimbledon.

Q: Have you had a chance to see the shot from Monfils yesterday making the rounds?

FEDERER: I hear about it but didn’t see it yet.

Q: I was wondering what your thoughts are on players being entertaining on court?

FEDERER: The problem with those shots is you need the right score, the right shot, the right thing at the right time. That is when you’re up 5:0, 40:0, then you get that ball back, then nobody cares about the point really. Then if you win it or lose it both are going to be laughing. But the problem is people might say it’s arrogant or people might say it’s funny or disrespectful or cool or whatever. I think it’s kind of cool. He’s able to do it, pull it off. Because I’ve practiced with him a number of times and he tries all sorts of tricks which are not so much tennis-related, but he tries to incorporate them. Knowing Gael, that‘s what you’ve got to expect. I don’t think he does it on purpose. I think he just enjoys playing tennis when he’s out there and that’s his way of showing it.

Q: You had a hard start today. Do you think it was harder to start after having a double bagel last round?

FEDERER: No, really I thought I started well today. I played well throughout the first set already. I’m very happy with how I served throughout the match today. It was my best serving by far in this tournament. Just because you’re holding serve in the previous matches doesn’t mean you’re serving necessarily better. It always depends. Now I’ve played a right hander who has got a one handed backhand, has got more reach. Tommy returns a further back a little bit than the other two guys. So, I’m just happy that from start to finish I played a good match even though I lost the first set.

Q: Do you feel that you have more confidence when you play someone that you’ve played a number of time or someone that you’re not familiar with?

FEDERER: Well, I prefer to play a guy, who I’ve beaten 30 times in a row, no doubt about it (smiles). But they don’t exist. But I have good records against certain players and when that is the case you feel like it’s up to the opponent, who’s got the bad record, to maybe change things up a little bit. You can just really focus on your own game and then you make the changes necessary if needed.

But you can go into it with a much more clear game plan if you have a losing record against someone because you feel it’s up to you then to make those changes which is not always nice to do because you have a base of the game and sometimes certain matches are just tougher than others. But I think it is important for each and every player to focus on their own game strength first before going too crazy about breaking the opponents game apart saying like ‘he’s got a good forehand, he usually goes down the line’, and make yourself crazy with those kind of statistics.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#11 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators
  • 967 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

That was a good match and provided some testing moments for Roger. Good to see him producing more aces too. :)

Had to smile at Tommy Haas with all the changes of Tee shirt .. from white, to black, to blue and finally green ....

2012-07-08Wimbledon17thGrandSlam-02Avata .... peRFection

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,326 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

More pics

935902_551880064855613_1724415981_n.jpg

969700_551884114855208_1872026982_n.jpg

1009918_551884201521866_1173132424_n.jpg

1010598_551906458186307_239703613_n.jpg

1000428_551906848186268_594410263_n.jpg

5629_551906781519608_1315457689_n.jpg

969213_551906684852951_1001142315_n.jpg

972143_551906601519626_1774041105_n.jpg

1000552_551906991519587_395403135_n.jpg

1013659_551906941519592_287734639_n.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roger Federer, Tommy Haas, Semi Final, halle 2013, gerry weber open 2013, fedaas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+