#1 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

The draw for Wimbledon 2013 is finally out, and it could be possible that  Federer meets Rafael Nadal in the quarterfinals and Andy Murray in the semifinals.So while there has been lot of talk if the seven time Wimbledon champion would succeed in making it for the 8th time or would he fail to face the tough challenge,Federer himself however seems quite calm  and feels he must go ahead confident.

federer-wimbledon-2012.jpg

Speaking about his draw on Friday,Federer said-    "If you want to win this type of tournament, you have to beat the best anyway.You don't want to hope for a good draw; you don't hope for the worst draw either. At the same time you have to feel confident enough that you can do it all. It's not an easy draw for Rafa, it's not an easy draw for me, it's not an easy draw for Andy."

Talking about his much hyped possible clash with Rafa in the quarterfinals,he said he was super excited-

"I am very much focused on my first round. If then the quarter-finals with Rafa would come along, it's great news. I'm super excited. We've had some monster matches here in the past. Three months down the road we know that Rafa is going to be in the top four. It's only a matter of time."

"I knew the longer he was not playing, the more likely it was going to happen," Federer said of Rafa,who is in superb form,having won seven titles after returning  from a knee injury ."It's at Wimbledon where you feel the biggest effect. It is what it is. He has only played nine tournaments, that are in his system and count."

Federer further said-

"There's always surprise losses and surprise wins throughout the tournament. I've had some rough draws here in the past – Richard Gasquet, Tim Henman. Is that tougher, to have those guys early on in a first, second, third round? Or is it harder to have really difficult players in the quarters or semis? How much more dangerous is  Tsonga than Nadal or vice versa in the quarter-finals? Or Juan Martín del Potro?

"They're very good right now, the top eight. It's not like five, six, seven and eight are weak. We're still talking a very high level. It was always going to be difficult to win Wimbledon. Nobody said it was going to be a walk in the park."

Federer also spoke about  Ferrer,Murray and Djokovic,saying-

"Ferrer ground it out extremely well ( getting to No4 in the world) so we have to respect his efforts. He should enjoy the benefit of being whatever the ranking says. He has worked too hard just to take that away from him."

"For me Andy was always tough to play against.It happened that things went well for me . I took the right decisions at the right times. He was playing well for a long time.If you rewind here one year, I think Andy believes even more so that he can win.After the way he played at Wimbledon, he played great, and he also played very well at the Olympics. He proved his point there, and then the US Open happened as well, so he should be very confident, especially after winning Queen's.The pressure of Wimbledon I always knew was going to be hard for him. I thought he was ready to win slams three years ago. He knows that and everybody knew that. He was able to tune his game and have a better mind-set and he started not to struggle against lower-ranked players any more.

"The same thing happened with Novak. That gives them the belief that they are strong when the big guys come around. Nothing really changed for me, I've always had a tough time against Andy. He's just a very good tennis player."

So it remains to be seen if Federer succeeds in  beating his opponents  to lift his 18th Grand Slam trophy.

Here's wishing all the players Good luck for Wimbledon 2013 :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#2 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

For pictures and videos of Roger Federer's practice sessions at Wimbledon 2013,follow this post -

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/1402-pictures-and-video-of-roger-federers-practice-sessions-at-wimbledon-2013/

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#3 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Good luck guys! :)

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#4 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yes good luck guys .... though from my point of view, especially to Roger :)

I particularly liked the comments he made about David Ferrer. 

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#5 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,782 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Good luck for everyone, but the big luck for Federer :)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+