Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hey all,

Jerzy Janowicz in a couple of hours will be playing in his first ever grand slam semi-final & that too at Wimbledon in just his 2nd appearance at the championships against Andy Murray. If you are a regular reader of this forum, I am sure, you would have read a lot about him in all our articles since his heroics at Paris Masters, Bercy in November, last year.

post-2-0-39327700-1351941512_thumb.jpg

Jerzy Janowicz (in picture) is a true story of Rags from Riches in the Tennis world

From Rags to Riches

With almost no support from Polish Tennis association, Jerzy Janowicz's parents had to sell their shops to fund his Tennis career. 

jerzy shouts.JPG

Jerzy Janowicz had to sleep in his car during tournaments.

jerzy title.jpg

Even during his heroics at Paris Masters, Bercy, he had stayed in an economy budget hotel as he had no sponsors till then.

409088_502500919769502_1433239180_n.jpg

But, by reaching Wimbledon semi-finals, Jerzy Janowicz is assured to receive a prize money of 608,000 USD.

Jerzy Janowicz the bad boy

Who can ever forget his epic meltdown at Australian Open? His outburst after the chair umpire didn't overrule a linesman calls where in he shouted "How Many Times" became an Internet viral sensation & even has many different versions of remixes.

jerzy%201.jpg

Emotional Jerzy Janowicz

Jerzy can be angry, can get wild at times, can be really funny, but at the same time, he is really-2 emotional as well. Janowicz who resides in Lodz collapsed in tears after beating compatriot Lukasz Kubot to reach his first Grand Slam semi-final.

tearsssssssssssss.jpg

Jerzy Janowicz from his childhood days idolized Pete Sampras and by reaching the Wimbledon semi-final has become the first Polish man to reach the semi-finals of a major and Jerzy Janowicz recently said in an interview, he wanted to be a Computer Hacker :).

jerzyyyyyyyy.jpg

Ranking Update

By reaching the semi-finals of Wimbledon, 2013, Jerzy Janowicz has assured himself of 17th Ranking, an upset win over Andy Murray will take him to 11th and a win in the Finals will take him to No. 9th in the ATP Rankings post Wimbledon.

For more Ranking scenarios post Wimbledon, 2013 of Top 10, click here.

PS: Special credit to Karolina for updating me with all these facts about Jerzy Janowicz.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm sure that one day Jerzy Janowicz will be in top 10, even in the Top 3

Thanks Vibhu and Karolina for posting that. :)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+