• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

A Roger Federer/Jerzy Janowicz showdown in 2014 in Poland?

roger federer jerzy janowicz poland poland 2014 piotr wozniacki polish tennis association tony godsick

7 replies to this topic

#1 Karolajn

Karolajn

Featured Columnist, WTA Expert

• Moderators-
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSilesia, Poland

Current mood: Cheerful

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Hey all,

Of late, there are reports going around here in our local Polish Media that Jerzy Janowicz will play an exhibition match vs Roger Federer in July 2014 (after Wimbledon, 2014).

nO30TFA.jpg

So far, Janowicz and Federer have played each other only once, in quaterfinals of 2013 Rome Masters. Federer won 6:4 7:6

“I have already talked about it with Polish Tennis Association” said Piotr Wozniacki, father and coach of former World No.1 Caroline Wozniacki, the man who is behind this. “The showdown will be organized at the Polish National Stadium in Warsaw, right after Wimbledon 2014, on grass. Our aim is Roger Federer, however, we don’t exclude appearances of Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic either. One of them will play against Jerzy Janowicz.”

Janowicz's father and manager, Jerzy Janowicz senior, is beyond excited. “If  the showdown is to take place at the National Stadium, it means the record of attendance at a tennis match might be broken, because the Stadium has a capacity of over 60,000 seats.”

hqdefault.jpg
(Jerzy Janowicz senior, father and manager of Jerzy Janowicz junior and one of the orginators of the showdown)

Will Roger Federer agree to play an exhibition match in July, 2014?

“I haven’t heard of anything like that yet, but I’m ready to talk about it. I love playing showdowns – it’s about popularizing tennis in different milieus. I enjoyed such matches in South America, so I’m always open for such ideas.”

As of July 2013, it is known from reliable sources that conversations with Roger Federer’s manager Tony Godsick and National Stadium’s management company are supposed to start at any time after Wimbledon. The showdown will be organized by Piotr Wozniacki and Jerzy Janowicz senior in co-operation with SOS Music, a company that organizes the BNP Paribas Katowice Open WTA tournament.

The profit from tickets sale will be donated to charity.

Mean while, Roger Federer is expected to confirm his South American 2013 December exhibition tour by the end of July, 2013, you can find his tentative schedule of his 2013 December South American tour right here.

Watch out this space for any update related to this story.

#2 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 746 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

thats nice!! 
roger playing charity matches are always fun to watch!!! 

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:43 AM

Though, I will be happy if it happens, but at the same time, I think, it will be hard for Federer to say yes to play an exo 1 year in advance. Will be interesting what he decides :).

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 xkatherine

xkatherine

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

I can not wait to see it. 

#5 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 587 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

South American tour was such an amazing one.If this works out in a positive direction,then well more fun coming up for us :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#6 Karolajn

Karolajn

Featured Columnist, WTA Expert

• Moderators-
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSilesia, Poland

Current mood: Cheerful

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

thats nice!! 
roger playing charity matches are always fun to watch!!! 

Yes indeed! :) 

Though, I will be happy if it happens, but at the same time, I think, it will be hard for Federer to say yes to play an exo 1 year in advance. Will be interesting what he decides :).

Yes, but on the other side holding the conversations much earlier might be a pro, not a con :) we'll see.

South American tour was such an amazing one.If this works out in a positive direction,then well more fun coming up for us :)

I loved the tour as well, still watching those matches from time to time :)

#7 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

Will be interesting if Federer agrees to this as last year, he refused an exo vs Rafa after Wimbledon.
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,627 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

It will be nice, and i'm sure that Federer will agree to play..

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, jerzy janowicz, poland, poland 2014, piotr wozniacki, polish tennis association, tony godsick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+