• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Match Report, Pics, Video Highlights of Daniel Brands vs Roger Federer, Swiss Open, Gstaad

daniel brands roger federer gstaad swiss open atp 250 atp250

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:49 AM

The World No, 55 Daniel Brands from Germany defeated Roger Federer 6-3, 6-4 in the 2nd Round of Swiss Open, Gstaad in 65 minutes.

yA6farr.jpg

Pic Cr: Florian S├Ągesser

1st set

Roger Federer got broken in the 6th game of the 1st set & that break was sufficient as the German served out the set 6-3 in 27 minutes.

2nd set

Roger Federer got broken in the very 1st game of the 2nd set. Federer again had to face break points in the 3rd game, but, some how managed to hold & make the score 2-1. The Swiss Maestro had a break point in the 4th game but the German managed to save that to make it 3-1.  Roger Federer saved a break point (match point) in the 9th game. How ever, the German served out the set & the match in the 10th game.

The German Daniel Brands won 6-3, 6-4 in little over an hour.

Here are the overall match stats------

yijc.png

Here are a few quotes from Roger Federer's post match press conference ----

1016799_557772254268773_1931937048_n.jpg

This is the first time Roger spoke openly about his back problem."Some members of the team thought I shouldn't play. I'm relieved I played more or less correctly without making it worse."

"I thought about it a lot before deciding, afternoon still. I thought I had a chance to win at least one round."

Roger Federer about playing at Rogers Cup 2013, "Not certain I'll play Montreal. I have a week before me. It's a lot of time and little at the same time."

"For the future, we will see in 4-5 days."

"I thought before deciding(to play or not to play today) in the afternoon.I thought I had a chance to win today".

"I took a lot of painkillers last week. Not this week.The problem is a muscle spasm in the back".

The Back spasm wasn't an issue when the decision to play at Hamburg & Gstaad was taken. Just that it became an issue during Hamburg and I couldn't train properly for the last 7-8 days,

"I'm just happy to have played."

Roger Federer on Daniel Brands: He deserved to win and played a fabulous match.

Scroll down for more pictures, expert insights and video highlights from the match.....

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Final 2 games

76330_337915789673752_1434176616_n.jpg

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 chris90

chris90

Roger Federer Fans 100 Title

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

It must be really painful for him (the back problem) in order to lose in that way. last year in Wimbledon he had a medical timeout during malisse match but he recovered quickly and finally won the tournament.

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

Some pics from the match -----------

yWLzpaU.jpg

20VA2iv.jpg

vkjNHKD.jpg

lHK19Km.jpg

S05KpVX.jpg

8i16yHY.jpg

Wen6FiO.jpg

pNyfRey.jpg

wbkHkFS.jpg

CS35Jzb.jpg

09Kyv9d.jpg

uYofmBS.jpg

su76dfv.jpg

SjunnXf.jpg

2tyTVGN.jpg

wpjALSr.jpg

999653_557771280935537_153113371_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

Few more interview quotes (translation courtesy Mountains) ----

What did not go well today?

Federer: First I must recognize Brands' share of merit. He played well when he needed to, served well in the important moments. He was solid. I still had chances. I knew from the outset that the match would be a tough one, especially here at an altitude. I knew Brands could string together several service games easily. He proved that he is dangerous. Regarding my service, I had ups and downs, it has surprised me too. The week has been difficult because of my back problem. Finally, I felt well enough to play and make a correct match but unfortunately it was not enough.

Would you play this game if it was not in Gstaad, in front of your audience?

It's hard to say. Not playing until Thursday helped, it left me one more day for my back. I played almost without pain. I would not have played if I was not expecting to make a turn and then see how my back changed, match after match.

Do you live in this moment the most difficult period of your career?

It is at times a little frustrating. Especially when you have back pain often. After that, I love tennis. That's why I played today. I finally decided after warm-up. I'm glad I could play a game with virtually no pain. Not like last week in Hamburg. That it's nice. Having to explain after the defeats, it's less fun. I prefer not to, but it's part of the job. I did a lot of press conferences during which I was told "you're great, you're the best, you're beautiful." So now it is a little less so, but it does not matter to me.

Where are you with your new racquet?

I can not really analyze where I am since I cannot really play properly. So, it is difficult to feel exactly what will and will not go with this racquet. Here, I knew it would be difficult with altitude. So inevitably the sensations with the balls and racket are very difficult than I met in Hamburg, where it was much slower. I do not know exactly where I am, but anyway, the important thing is first to recover. Ensure that the back gets better. That means plenty of exercise. And then I can train again thoroughly. We'll see if that's enough for Montreal. And if that does not do it for Montreal, I have one more week before Cincinnati. The program we'll see. And the racquet, consideration should be given, but there are more important things at this time.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#6 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

You have to admire Roger for sticking with his commitment to play here at Gstaad after having his back problem recur at Hamburg. Wise or foolish, he is not a man to make excuses and shout about his problems, he quietly tries to do the best he can.

It was rather sweet to see he had a little model of a cow on the arm of his seat ~ a momento of Desiree, the lovely cow that was given to him at the opening ceremony....

uYofmBS.jpg

When you think of it the tremendous strain that professional tennis players put onto their bodies, Roger has done remarkably well over the years compared to many others. I sincerely hope that, with the help and guidance of his team, his back will recover to full strength, even if we have to wait till 2014 to see him shine again. All in all this year has not been a good one for Roger and much of that I feel is down to him nursing this nagging injury and yet doing his best to carry on.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#7 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

Excellent  review-thanks! Am  a huge Federista fan and am surprised at his recent defeats but now having read this  and finding out he has a back problem I am relieved that it may well be due to him being not 100% fit with his back spasms..Hopefully he will get it sorted out and can return to something more like his usual  performances and  start challenging at the business end of tournaments and slams once again !

#8 Guest_Tennis_Lover_*

Guest_Tennis_Lover_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

His back is the real problem rather than the size of his racquet, it seems. I hope he gets proper treatment. He may try alternative medicine like acupuncture. He must try everything because it's his career on the line. His back problem explains why he seems slower these days than before. I really hope that gets sorted out soon.

#9 Guest_Rita Kitto_*

Guest_Rita Kitto_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I watched the whole match on Swiss TV, and it was clear as soon as Roger came on court that he was not very happy.  He looked worried, he moved slowly.   He says his back didn't bother him much during the match but you know Roger, he never likes to make excuses. What is not mentioned in any articles I've read is that as well as being inconsistent he also managed to produce some beautiful, stunning shots. Inconsistency and general sluggishness (due to back) were the problems. I do really hope he can sort it out, and sort out a way of playing without putting too much stress on his back.  I dread the thought of him retiring so hope he isn't even considering it. It will leave such a massive hole in tennis when he does. Talent like his doesn't come along that often and I don't want to sit and watch the current breed of hard baseline slammers, I want to watch beautiful tennis.  

#10 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

I watched the whole match on Swiss TV, and it was clear as soon as Roger came on court that he was not very happy.  He looked worried, he moved slowly.   He says his back didn't bother him much during the match but you know Roger, he never likes to make excuses.....

That's the big disadvantage of watching on a Live Stream, the picture is often so indistinct you miss detail of expressions and sometimes can't even see the ball .... You just get an impression of the game, which is better than nothing.

It must have been worrying as Roger obviously knew the problem he was facing out there, yet could see the cards in the crowd spelling out his initials and wanted to do his best for his fans in the home crowd. Poor chap, life does throw these problems in to the mix at times :(

.......... I dread the thought of him retiring so hope he isn't even considering it. It will leave such a massive hole in tennis when he does. Talent like his doesn't come along that often and I don't want to sit and watch the current breed of hard baseline slammers, I want to watch beautiful tennis.

You are not alone there Rita! Roger just loves playing tennis and he has said before that when he loses this desire to pick up a racquet and play, that will be the time he retires. When he does he will certainly leave a void that is unlikely to be filled any time soon :(

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

970448_569711433072476_1587105735_n.jpg

Roger Federer: "There Will Never Be A Rivalry Like That Between Me And Rafa Nadal."

"For players like Rafa or me, being number 2 or number 5 isn't life-changing. What is life-changing is being number 1, as both of us has in the past. Being among the favourites is not important, the important thing is to believe that you are ready to win"

"Rafa was the number 5 for the Roland Garros and Wimbledon. If you play well, you play well, you have to beat everyone".

"There will never be a rivalry like ours. Not even that between Borg and McEnroe, despite their different personalities and one being left-handed and the other right-handed. Murray and Djokovic are very similar. Rafa and I are extreme opposites and that's what the fans like so much. Our rivalry isn't over, I'm sure it will be back, I miss it".

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

More pics

972247_569350653108554_1829458783_n.jpg

1017729_569350943108525_95630122_n.jpg

1002539_569351139775172_264012711_n.jpg

1004884_569351416441811_1019521564_n.jpg

374442_569352096441743_148437379_n.jpg

1013539_569352146441738_887129156_n.jpg

970144_569352779775008_272329064_n.jpg

1006030_569353583108261_515738494_n.jpg

946305_569353956441557_992166975_n.jpg

969379_569354373108182_1310754290_n.jpg

996540_569354603108159_1362014663_n.jpg

16571_569354876441465_837650642_n.jpg

993628_569355363108083_1720097137_n.jpg

971394_569355456441407_2145171946_n.jpg

66438_569356693107950_1629429705_n.jpg

182926_569358623107757_396193937_n.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#13 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

Here are some pics of Federer's family,  Mirka Federer, Robert & Lynette Federer...

971716_569417429768543_1614233684_n.jpg

1010355_569417476435205_547884377_n.jpg

971897_569417663101853_1952115154_n.jpg

Follow us also on...

#14 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hard luck Federer, hope you always be fine and healthy this is my only Concern now...

Follow us also on...

#15 ARIJEET SEN

ARIJEET SEN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi India

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

Today i just wanted to express my feelings about federer's recent losses. The post below is not meant for anyone in specific ,neither it is a personal attack on any of the members or moderators. After reading many newspapers , posts, blogs and comments on various sites by various people i just wanted to convey my feelings. I guess most of you all will agree with me. I have a lot of faith on the knowledge and reach of the moderators of this site and if they find this meaningful i feel this post will find its proper place .

Feelings from a Fan of Roger
It's quite sad to be a fan of Roger Federer these days. Sad and shameful not because of Roger's indifferent performance on the field but the way we fans have reacted and expressed our ill feelings after his losses towards a person whom we admired the most. In various sites i have seen comments made about roger which are cheap to say the least. Comments were made by us, the fans on sites including this one and on Roger's official webpage. Comments made some of the members including some of the moderators which sounded a bit negative.

What does it mean to be a federer fan.Watch this video on YouTube. You will understand what a fan means. The link is given below.This video is not by me its by MrSeba a fan just as we are

(Watch it till the end) .Well I have been a federer fan for many years and i see a lot of videos on federer every day . I don't think i have seen a video like this

We are fans . Yes federer's losses hurts us. It should obviously. But before making any comments on his losses out of disappointment we should realize how it feels for a champion himself to lose a match. It just breaks you. That's what a champion feels like . Yet he rises up ,doesn't gives up ,gets ready for the next challenge . And we fans instead of supporting our hero are thinking "is he on the decline or how soon he is going to announce his retirement."

Yes the glory days will be back again . Federer as all great champions do will rise again and attain heights that are impossible to imagine. Even if he does not manages to do so ,he will try to make an effort to return to the top and even that try would be a spectacle to watch. 

All the best Roger . Be happy , healthy and Keep smiling 
 From all true fans of Roger federer across the globe.

#16 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Today i just wanted to express my feelings about federer's recent losses. The post below is not meant for anyone in specific ,neither it is a personal attack on any of the members or moderators. After reading many newspapers , posts, blogs and comments on various sites by various people i just wanted to convey my feelings. I guess most of you all will agree with me. I have a lot of faith on the knowledge and reach of the moderators of this site and if they find this meaningful i feel this post will find its proper place .

Feelings from a Fan of Roger
It's quite sad to be a fan of Roger Federer these days. Sad and shameful not because of Roger's indifferent performance on the field but the way we fans have reacted and expressed our ill feelings after his losses towards a person whom we admired the most. In various sites i have seen comments made about roger which are cheap to say the least. Comments were made by us, the fans on sites including this one and on Roger's official webpage. Comments made some of the members including some of the moderators which sounded a bit negative.

What does it mean to be a federer fan.Watch this video on YouTube. You will understand what a fan means. The link is given below.This video is not by me its by MrSeba a fan just as we are

(Watch it till the end) .Well I have been a federer fan for many years and i see a lot of videos on federer every day . I don't think i have seen a video like this

We are fans . Yes federer's losses hurts us. It should obviously. But before making any comments on his losses out of disappointment we should realize how it feels for a champion himself to lose a match. It just breaks you. That's what a champion feels like . Yet he rises up ,doesn't gives up ,gets ready for the next challenge . And we fans instead of supporting our hero are thinking "is he on the decline or how soon he is going to announce his retirement."

Yes the glory days will be back again . Federer as all great champions do will rise again and attain heights that are impossible to imagine. Even if he does not manages to do so ,he will try to make an effort to return to the top and even that try would be a spectacle to watch. 

All the best Roger . Be happy , healthy and Keep smiling 
 From all true fans of Roger federer across the globe.

Well said, Arijeet :). Very nice words.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#17 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Arijeet, beautifully put. You speak for many fans that is for sure.

Now that Roger has confirmed his back has continued to be an issue it explains so much and only heightens the admiration, respect, affection and concern that genuine fans feel for him.
. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+