• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Who will be 2013 year end world no. 1 ?

rafa nadal novak djokovic andy murray us open atp atp world tour finals

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will be 2013 year end world no. 1? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will end the current year as World no.1?

1. Rafa Nadal (7 votes [87.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. Novak Djokovic (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Andy Murray (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAllahabad ( तीर्थराज प्रयाग ) , India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

US Open is here! the final grand slam of the year, and with it comes the buzz that who will end this year as World no. 1? The top 2 in the list of ATP Race to London respectively Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic are definitely the contenders. Nadal leads Djokovic by more than 2200 points.In that case the US Open can play vital role in their run towards year end world no. 1.  race to london.JPG

As Rafa said,"This tournament is going make a big difference.  We will see what's happening here, and after here I will say not everything will be decided, but things can be more clear and completely less clear.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

If Rafa can stay fit, he has a great chance to end the year as #1. Though, will be a challenge to play with the same intensity at the indoors starting with Shanghai.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

If Rafa Nadal can get past Quarter-final of US Open, 2013, then he will be the hot favorite to end 2013 as #1. Though, the real challenge will be to stay fit for Shanghai, Basel, Bercy & WTF, London O2. Playing 4 tournaments in 5 weeks & that too on indoor hard courts is a real herculean task.

Though, it remains to be seen, if Rafa & Roger will skip Bercy as playing 3 tourneys in 3 weeks will be really-2 tough...

As, Djokovic is scheduled to play Tokyo & then Shanghai, then have a 2 weeks rest before playing Bercy & World Tour Finals,2013, so, he has that slight advantage at this point of time.

#4 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

If Rafa can stay fit, he has a great chance to end the year as #1. Though, will be a challenge to play with the same intensity at the indoors starting with Shanghai.

is Shanghai an indoor tournament?

#5 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think Rafa will be no. 1 by the end of the year. He has already won 1 Grand Slam, 5 Masters and he doesn't have any more points to defend from now. It's very difficult to believe Rafa will not reach to the semifinals at least in all of the remaining tournaments, and that will give him a huge advantage in points over Novak. The only factor is injury and if he stays healthy, I think it's a given that he will be the year end no. 1 of 2013. He is really closing in on the title of the greatest ever, and 2014 and 2015 will be quite interesting to see how well Rafa does.

#6 Guest_max_*

Guest_max_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Nadal will most likely finish No.1 at the end of 2013 but 2014 will be tough for him to defend all those points,a Herculean task,Nadal will definitively lose no1 prior to Canada Masters or even after Wimbledon 2014,also as a  Nole fan I think frankly that Rafa would be no.1 at the end of 2012 if he had played,now that he did defend NONE point from Wimbledon on it is 99 per cent sure that he will end up No.1!,Taking into account that this season has been one of Novak's worst recently,not because of Nada's success but because of incomprehensible defeats and loss a ton of points by Haas,Dimitrov,Berdych, Delpotro,majority at Masters, is really frustrating and deservedly should lose No1 !

#7 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Nadal will most likely finish No.1 at the end of 2013 but 2014 will be tough for him to defend all those points,a Herculean task,Nadal will definitively lose no1 prior to Canada Masters or even after Wimbledon 2014,also as a  Nole fan I think frankly that Rafa would be no.1 at the end of 2012 if he had played,now that he did defend NONE point from Wimbledon on it is 99 per cent sure that he will end up No.1!,Taking into account that this season has been one of Novak's worst recently,not because of Nada's success but because of incomprehensible defeats and loss a ton of points by Haas,Dimitrov,Berdych, Delpotro,majority at Masters, is really frustrating and deservedly should lose No1 !

Rafa will be no. 1 by the end of this year, thats the most happening event now. But rest is tomorrow , leave it for tomorrow. And I don't think rafa will loose his no. 1 ranking (if he attains it ) before wimbledon 2014. The clay season he 's gonna sweep away as always, he has nothing to defend at Australian open , Miami Masters and Wimbledon in next year. Thats enough for rafa to accumulate points.

#8 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

is Shanghai an indoor tournament?

Well, the courts have a roof available, but its primarily an outdoor event. Last year, it rained during the semi-final between Roger Federer & Andy Murray & if I remember correctly, it stopped raining before the roof was about to be closed.

#9 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

In seven days’ time, the battle for year-end No. 1 will hit prime time.

Djokovic will attempt to retain his Beijing crown at the China Open. Nadal, without any Emirates ATP Rankings points to defend, will be the No. 2 seed at the ATP World Tour 500 hard-court tournament.

If Djokovic is to extend his stay at No. 1, he must win the Beijing title for a fourth time in order to retain 500 Emirates ATP Rankings points.

Should Nadal reach the final, he will once again reach the summit of men’s professional tennis.

#10 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

The discussion from Shanghai Masters, 2013 till World Tour Finals, 2013 has been started in a new topic & here is the link -------

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/1625-rafa-nadal-will-secure-2013-year-end-no1-ranking-if-he-wins-shanghai-masters/

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#11 ashRAFAN

ashRAFAN

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

The discussion from Shanghai Masters, 2013 till World Tour Finals, 2013 has been started in a new topic & here is the link -------

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/1625-rafa-nadal-will-secure-2013-year-end-no1-ranking-if-he-wins-shanghai-masters/

i think you misjudged me from one of my comment here. What i wanted to say here that if he is gonna loose points next year in the tournaments he has won this year, he can also accumulate points in the tournament he has not played. As simple as that. :)

#12 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

Yes, we get that, ashRAFAN. I think Vibhu is just joking with you! ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+