• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Andy Roddick interviews Roger Federer on Fox Sports

roger federer federer interview andy roddick roddick interview federer fox sports federer fox sports interview federer interview 2013

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,309 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Fox sports have posted a lovely video in which Andy Roddick, who is their sports analyst, interviews Roger Federer and he talks of the highs and lows of his career.

At 1min15 seconds Andy mentions the 2009 Wimbledon Final where he lost to Roger and describes what happened in the locker room afterwards ~ very touching.

e96b2cd52532b185a1711ba276ed7053_zpsae48

Great rapport at 1min 57 when Roger says "Unfortunately you can't have it all ..... "

cfec3045a8e4007b1ed81a10f6e8036b_zps168c

1185207_583882434988709_1876375487_n.jpg

523842_583882374988715_1491749246_n.jpg

38c9993fd72228f6279bf8790bc677e3_zpsb426

2dc77dc7cf2c8b14b3bd74301ee09832_zpsf6aa

1235310_583808544996098_479551099_n.jpg

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Here's another video link of the interview -------------

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

A short but lovely interview.  I was almost sorry Roger won Wimbledon 2009, it did seem such a shame for Andy - almost I say, but not quite.  I like Andy's comments about Roger's supportive  behaviour after the match and Roger saying he recognized that Andy's loss was more important to him than Roger's win was to himself.  Says a lot about the intuition and empathy he possesses I think.

#4 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,777 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:39 AM

Here's some Gif's...

tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o4_250.gif  tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o3_250.gif

tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o6_250.gif  tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o1_250.gif

tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o2_r1_250.gif  tumblr_ms97yfW9B91qksc64o5_250.gif

Via federerblog edited by the GIF Magician Fiona

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#5 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Thank you Sausan, those Gifs are lovely :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

The full interview will be posted here by Friday evening, for me the most touching part of the interview was when they discussed about Wimbledon 2009 finale. Its such a shame that only 1 of them won :(.

I am typing it for every one's reference ----

Wimbledon Men's Singles Final 2009 :

Andy Roddick: We've never talked about the 2009 Wimbledon final.

Roger Federer: Right.

Andy Roddick: Go into the locker room and I'm at my locker being very emotional, breaking down. It was a heartbreaking loss. And the thing that I remember is your team coming in and you giving them like silent fist pounds and kind of giving them hugs but it was in a very reserved manner? Because it was like you were taking into consideration that this was hard for me. Do you remember that moment at all or...?

Roger Federer: I mean the moment is probably tougher for you than it is happier for me. I think it's so important to respect your fellow athletes and competitors and I know how hard you've tried and how difficult it must be because you just can't have it all, you know? And that match -

Andy Roddick: Well you can.

Roger Federer: Well...

Andy Roddick: You selfish bastard.

Roger Federer: *laughing* Sort of. But seriously you deserved it so much and I just think that for me that was a totally normal thing to do and nothing extraordinary really.

Andy Roddick: Well it was impressive to me and I certainly appreciated it.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the gifts Sausan - so clever. Would love to be able to do that sort of thing but am a numpty with computers really.  

Are we all getting suitably nervous for today?  I know I am.  Let's hope the weather stays calm and there are no delays.  Must be so frustrating for players. They are used to it of course but sitting around waiting for hours, not knowing if you'll play or not can't be helpful for the nerves.  

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hi Rita, yes anxiety levels do rise for Roger's matches these days. Only relaxing a shade when he has settled in and looks to be in the zone. Though I do worry about his back now, especially when he makes sudden dives and twists for shots. Lets hope his confidence has been given a boost after recent matches, despite the loss against Nadal, his form is improving in my humble opinion. So finger's crossed for tonight :)

#9 ARIJEET SEN

ARIJEET SEN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi India

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Andy Roddick, when he burst into the scene in 2002-2003 my first impression of him was that he was another brash american. But as time went by i started to admire Andy Roddick the player, the person . He would have won atleast 3 or 4 wimbledon titles if GOD didnt decide to play tennis In this era.Andy Roddick a true sportsperson never afraid to speak his heart out. Andy you had a great career wishing you a very successful media career and wishing you best of luck in whatever you do rest of your life

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,777 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Another gif's

tumblr_ms8r9jhVyx1qeolcio1_500.gif

tumblr_ms8r9jhVyx1qeolcio2_500.gif

tumblr_ms8r9jhVyx1qeolcio3_500.gif

Via CECILIATALLIS

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, federer interview, andy roddick, roddick interview federer, fox sports, federer fox sports interview, federer interview 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+