• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match Report, Pics, Video Highlights of Roger Federer vs Adrian Mannarino, US Open 2013

Adrian Mannarino roger federer us open 2013 new york 2013

22 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Roger Federer showed why he is considered venerable in the Tennis world as he crushed Adrian Mannarino 6-3, 6-0, 6-2 in the 3rd Round of US Open in 1 hour & 21 minutes. Federer produced his best Tennis of the tournament as he reached the 4th Round of US Open for 13th consecutive time where he will play Tommy Robredo on Monday.

xL81AA7.jpg

It was venerable Roger Federer as he raced in to Round-4 of US Open, 2013

Roger Federer playing in his first evening match at US Open, 2013 was spotted in his evening Nike outfit which had an interesting color combination of a Black Bandana, Black T-shirt, Blue shorts, Black socks & Shoes.

1234092_656366447709668_654513491_n.jpg

Picture of Roger Federer in his evening outfit for US Open, 2013 that was the talking point on many on Social networking sites

Set-1

Roger Federer started the match in an aggressive manner as he approached the net twice on his very first service game. The only comfortable service game for the French Man was his first service game. That was the only time when Federer & Mannarino were equal in the match.

Federer broke the French Man's service in the 4th game to get to a 3-1 lead. Mannarino's had one break point in the next game & that break point was in fact the first & the last break point that Mannarino got in the match.

After Federer saved that break point & made it 4-1, the Swiss maestro completely dominated the match & post that, it was like a Tennis clinic.

The next four games went on service as Federer won the first set 6-3 in 29 minutes.

Here are the first set stats

BTC3ah-IUAANFHZ.jpg

Screenshot credit: Inga Goncharenko

Federer first serve % once again stood at 58%.

Set-2

Roger Federer just like he did in his first 2 round matches at US Open, 2013 broke his opponent's service in the first game of the 2nd set. Mannarino had no answers to Federer's returns, slices & his volleys as Federer broke the French Man's service once again in the 3rd & 5th game to win the set 6-0 in 22 minutes.

Here are the 2nd set stats

ifnx.png

Roger Federer's first serve % stood at 67% for the set.

3rd set

There were loud cheers in the Arthur Ashe stadium as Mannarino finally managed to hold his service in the opening game of the 3rd set. But, that was short lived as the French Man lost his service in the 3rd & 5th game. Mannarino had absolutely no answers to Federer's game & the match was looking an absolutely mis-match.

Federer had 2 more break points (match points) on Mannarino's service at 1-5, but some how, the French Man saved those match points to make it 2-5.

But, Federer comfortably served out the set 6-2 in 30 minutes.

Here are the third set stats

vxhk.png

Roger Federer's first serve % stood at 48% for the set

Here are the overall match stats

BTDE-_1IQAAxEew.jpg

This was Federer's 67th match win at US Open.

“There is always pressure to come out here and play well,” said Federer, who struck 34 winners. “Tonight was one of those nights. I was able to play a great match, I’m very pleased with the outcome.

“I was able to use my serve well in the wind. Once I won the first set I was playing with the lead and that makes things easier.”

When asked, what will you do in your day off, Federer said, I'm not going to fly to Switzerland, that's for sure as it is too far."

With this win, Roger Federer is sure to reach minimum of #6 ATP ranking (one position above Juan Martin Del potro who lost to Lyeton Hewitt) post US Open, 2013.

Scroll down for more pictures, interview quotes, video highlights & more insights from the match.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Pics from the match

800x.jpg

x900.jpg

a8J75RX.jpg

3gWCuV5.jpg

4d4IFNy.jpg

6cTrSDX.jpg

XUw7eeo.jpg

B56WzFM.jpg

baw8i7g.jpg

1ezAfxk.jpg

YDZwU0B.jpg

sc3ayRa.jpg

8IhS2NL.jpg

fotBu49.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

8E5rnJQ.jpg

t8qDq62.jpg

D7viRo5.jpg

rvUZSp1.jpg

qqx5QSl.jpg

KELT1C1.jpg

3qG4lBs.jpg

TuNcSEV.jpg

lFQtpR1.jpg

pqYMjx5.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Roger Federer's press conference after the match

1006066_585198178190468_1924976724_n.jpg

Q. First of all, congratulations. Fantastic game. Always.

ROGER FEDERER: Thank you.

Q. Actually, it's your first time in this US Open to play at night. How do you feel? How do you normally handle that irregular schedule?

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know. I just try to prepare like I prepare for every other match. Clearly when you play at night you have time to think of the match all day instead of just waking up and getting your stuff and coming here and then going to play the match. The first round should have been a night session match. It got pushed over to day session because of rain.

I have played I think 20 plus matches under the lights here and other tournaments as well around the world for years, so for me there is not a special preparation I need to do. Very often during on the tour I play later in the day, usually, you know, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00 p.m. It's something I'm used to. But in this stadium with this crowd it's always very particular, clearly, because it is the biggest stadium in the world, it is New York City, and you don't ever know how many times more you're going to play on this court. You always want to enjoy it.

Q. What do you think about your next opponent, Tommy Robredo?

ROGER FEDERER: I think he's a very good player. Mentally and physically really tough. I think he showed that in Paris this year. I think he won three five setters in a row. He's done very well for many, many years until he got some injuries and stuff. He's also a player I've known since a long time. He came through the juniors with me. He's only a year younger than I am. I know his game well. He knows mine really well. We have played I think over 10 times on the tour. I think he's got a great forehand, so I have to be wary of that always against him.

Q. Did you watch the Hewitt Del Potro match yesterday? And if yes, what do you think of the effort of Lleyton? What do you think of his performance after so many injuries?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, I saw some of the second set and literally the last game in the fifth when I came back from dinner. I thought that Lleyton had a chance going in. I practiced with him earlier this week I think on Monday for three hours, and he was looking great. I'm very happy for him. I like Juan Martin as well a lot. I've known Lleyton much longer. He's been one of my biggest rivals on tour, so I always like to see him do well, particularly here under the lights in New York. He deserves it. He's gone through a lot, you know, and I was very happy for him personally last night.

Q. When you're playing a night session at the Open, it's sort of more of a putting on a show atmosphere than maybe a normal day show.

ROGER FEDERER: That's true.

Q. Is it disappointing to only have a match last 82 minutes?

ROGER FEDERER: I like it like this, you know, (Laughter). I like three hours, five hours, too, as long as I end up winning them. But no doubt about it, you do feel more of the show factor at night than during the day. But it does feel great just for confidence, and I had a lot of fun out there. Also, even if it was 80 something minutes, still a long time. It's not just three minutes, you know. So I'm happy that I had a good night tonight out there.

Q. Since the draw came out, you know, everyone points to possible quarterfinal match between you and Rafa. Now that it's only one match away, have you thought about that at all?

ROGER FEDERER: Not a whole lot, to be honest. Clearly follow the progress of the players, but today I didn't see anything during the day. Yeah, I mean, I think I only start really focusing on it once I'm really right there, you know, like the moment I would win my next round and he did the same. But as long as it's not the case, I'm really focused on making sure that from my side I do things the right way and professional. I don't look ahead, even though I understand the urge of the press, you know, to try to go there already, which is entirely normal. I have gone through that my entire career, people talking about our matches even before the tournament started. We're used to it. We know how to handle it. Clearly I think we both hope it's going to happen this time for the first time in New York.

Q. You had kind of a tough year, but it's hard to tell that from your first week here in New York. You're playing like you're focused and as motivated as ever. What would you say is your chief motivation to keep going?

ROGER FEDERER: My what?

Q. Your chief, biggest motivation.

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, like, you know, you can see it in many different ways, you know. Clearly you need a short term and a long term goal. Every day when you wake up, what are you trying to achieve? Clearly the love for the game needs to be there. If you're going to go through the grind of organization, of traveling, and going through practice and doing, you know, media and all that stuff, you need to have passion, you know. That's No. 1, I think.

And then an isolated view, I mean, you come to New York, and if you're not excited anymore, you're in the wrong place. Then you don't like it. Then you don't like the sport the way you should. If you don't put in 100% effort here or, you know, in other places that really you care about, then something's wrong with you, you know. You may be in the wrong sport. For me, I'm just totally excited being here. I have always enjoyed playing. Have never had a bad tournament at the US Open.

This is, again, another good tournament for me. I'm happy that I'm playing so well. You take it in your stride, you know. You try to play either as well as you have done in previous years, or you could draw motivation and inspiration from all sorts of angles, you know. It's been a tough year, but it hasn't been a horrible year, you know. I'm still ranked in the top 10. Okay, I have had better years, no doubt about it, but I can still play great tennis and sort of ten months ago I was world No. 1.

Q. Your worst year is still much better than other people's best year.

ROGER FEDERER: That's it. It all depends on how you look at it.

Q. Tonight's match, it was such a show of force. You completely crushed poor Adrian. If you could talk just briefly about the match.

ROGER FEDERER: Today? Yeah, I mean, I was very happy. I think I was able, like you said, to impose my game and at times overpower him, at times mix it up, and then serve well when I had to focus. He plays quite unusual, you know. The way he takes his backhand early, he's got a very short takeback and he hits extremely flat, as flat as anybody out there, especially on the backhand side.

Then because he's lefty, sometimes that takes some getting used to, you know. Then there was a breeze. You always have to fight that, as well, and play with that, too. Really tried to hit through the ball and through the wind as much as I could. It worked well. Then I think once up a break, once up a set, playing with the lead is always easier. You can play more freely and even try a few things out. If they don't work, you go back to solid. It was important to obviously get the good start in the second set, and from then on it was always going to be difficult for Adrian tonight.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Highlights from the match ---------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#6 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Here's another highlights package ....

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Once again at this US Open, it was encouraging and at times thrilling to watch Roger in being in such command in his match. He was happy with his performance and it certainly showed in his face afterwards.

1186039_591656934213988_1913595155_n.jpg

My armchair ... or rather propped up in bed last night ... coaching advice would be to work on those serves. Despite an improvement in the second set, he really could do with getting a much higher % of his first serves in. An invaluable tool in the rounds to come!

1234887_591656550880693_1788395753_n.jpg

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

1239791_585198888190397_585968261_n.png

1235079_585287408181545_1466974728_n.jpg

1239567_585287988181487_1022749392_n.jpg

1174799_585288054848147_1799935260_n.jpg

1186271_591655504214131_822730630_n.jpg

1230065_585288318181454_1085282205_n.jpg

1238021_585288938181392_1656716496_n.jpg

1185258_585289438181342_746612791_n.jpg

1186167_585288638181422_184295011_n.jpg

1236909_585290108181275_1715477820_n.jpg

999587_585287411514878_1526869723_n.jpg

554491_585287564848196_1576890145_n.jpg

1235157_585287581514861_57022871_n.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think the color of the shorts doesn't really match the whole outfit. Grey or white would've been better. Different type of blue would've been also OK, but not that bright vivid blue.

1235274_591490980897250_892415882_n.jpg

Even this kind of blue would've been better. Darker blue should be worn with that shirt.

#10 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thanks Vibhu as always for the pics and the videos.  I watched the match last night on my computer - TV here doesn't do night time matches, so it's a pleasure to be able to see the finer moments properly.  Great match anyway.  It's so good to see Roger looking more confident and getting some rythm back.  Although the competition hasn't been very difficult for him so far, we have to remember that just a few weeks back he was being beaten by such players as he's facing now.  For the last two matches he hasn't looked in any danger of being beaten. I agree with you about the first serve percentage.  It was fine in his first match but has let him down a bit for the last two. Could that be partly due to the windy conditions do you think?  It will be important in later matches if he progresses that far. A good first serve percentage with a few aces thrown in can be a lifesaver for him in difficult matches.  I must say though I'm now starting to look forward to the possibility of a match with Rafa.  I've progressed from thinking Roger has no chance, to thinking how well he does will be down to how fit Rafa is, to thinking how well he does will be entirely down to him.  He can beat Rafa on hard courts when he's playing well, so it will depend to a large extent on how fit he is (he hasn't had to struggle much so far) and his mentality.  Needs to believe in himself agains Rafa.  

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I like the fed express chances against nadal especially under the lights in a fast low bouncing court I predict 3 sets to one victory for the Swiss express

#12 Guest_Robert Goldberg_*

Guest_Robert Goldberg_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Do you guys happen to have a full match by any chance? Trying to follow every Roger's match this US open after his recent unfortunate events this year to get a sense of what's really happening with the maestro and his game... Thanks a lot in advance! 

#13 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think the color of the shorts doesn't really match the whole outfit. Grey or white would've been better. Different type of blue would've been also OK, but not that bright vivid blue.

Even this kind of blue would've been better. Darker blue should be worn with that shirt.

Indeed all Federer's outfit in US Open this year i didn't like(except the shoes), the shorts and the T-Shirts it doesn't  match, especially the evening outfit

1ezAfxk.jpg

As you said the shorts should be Darker Blue or Black

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#14 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

More pics...

1187295_591886150857733_1219172283_n.jpg

1239625_591885977524417_1150934254_n.jpg

Did you like Federer's jacket??

1150157_591854387527576_594882253_n.jpg

1185398_585457171497902_917134600_n.jpg

1234195_591886250857723_592617520_n.jpg

1237021_591886394191042_705993180_n.jpg

1240566_591886390857709_1880920371_n.jpg

Follow us also on...

#15 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Next match, 4th Round , Roger Federer vs. Tommy Robredo (ESP) Arthur Ashe Stadium , Monday September 2 , Not Before 2:30 PM, New York time

1176356_585475564829396_372577983_n.jpg

Follow us also on...

#16 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

I like his jacket. I think his shorts should be in that color as well. :)

#17 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I like the cut of the jacket but what colour is it? It's beige in a couple of these pics and blueish in another.  From what I read it was actually supposed to be reflective white!  I didn't see it on the night as the stream I watched only showed the match itself sadly, none of the preliminaries or interviews afterwards.  I agree about the blue shorts being odd with the shirt (like the shirt) but actually prefer it to the bright red he wore before. I'm generally not overkeen on bright colours.  Anyway, he looks gorgeous whatever he wears in my opinion. Wonder what he'll wear tonight?

#18 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

On the subject of Roger's shorts, three things bothered me ....

1. The colour was rather bright and did not go that well with his top, which I really like.

2. It may have been a sheen on the material, but it gave the impression that Roger had unfortunately sat on something wet.

1238026_651675354844260_1357294418_n.jpg

1157616_651674341511028_1261454594_n.jpg

3. These shorts are shorter than his usual ones and also looked rather too tight and possibly uncomfortable, specially when he carries extra tennis balls in the pocket as players do. The shorter cut of the leg does however reveal Roger's most impressive leg muscles!

1174736_651675341510928_65276974_n.jpg?d

1185044_651463698198759_1173235570_n.jpg

Personally I prefer the length and colour of the shorts he wore during practice

1186245_651327284879067_424183380_n.jpg?

Or would have picked a colour from his match top to have for the shorts, the dark grey or even the paler blue. But that is all probably down to Nike.

Having said all of that, in truth whatever Roger wears he looks good.

Like Rita I did not see him wearing the jacket. It looks very smart and no doubt made the suitable fashion statement as Roger entered the court :rolleyes:

His match against Robredo is earlier in the day, so could well be back to the white shorts today :)

#19 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I think his jacket is pale blue. I agree that he looks good whatever he wears. He is a top model, not just for tennis outfits, but for anything!

#20 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Again the rain delay play and all matches are currently suspended

f_02SEP13_13264_rain_phil.jpg

f_02SEP13_13246_rain_pete.jpg

Follow us also on...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+