#1 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts
  • LocationChur, Switzerland

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

I promised to write something about my first two days at the Swiss Indoors, soooo here it comes, ready? ;-)

We all got the amazing news, that after Rafa dropped out of the Swiss Indoors that Roger took the place on Super Monday and agreed to play after the opening ceremony. I was jumping around on Saturday, after I found out, that I get to see our Maestro play on Monday.

I travelled to Basel on Sunday Morning. Got a ticket for the qualification Sunday for a good price at fans4roger.ch and decided to go there an enjoy some tennis.

Sunday

Got to Basel at midday and dropped off my stuf at my aunts house. Didn't stay long, cuz I really wanted to go to Center Court. On my way there I got the news that Roger has his press conference at 1:30pm and I didn't even go inside, but rushed to the players entry in hope that I get to see him.

Some other fans from the oficial fanclub were there too and waiting to give Roger the RE. We kept waiting, saw players come and go.

Mostly happy I was to alwo get to see Stan who went for a practice. He was kinda "busy" but he gave some signatures.

As 1:30pm past and Roger hasn't shown up until then, we knew he entered from somewhere else.

Short after Seve was around and the fans told him, that the RE is here for Roger to pick up, he said that he'll be coming later on to recieve it.

Sooo we kept waiting ... later again, Seve came back out again and said, that Roger will take the RE tomorrow (Monday) from the fans.

Berdy.png

Marcos.png

Seve1.png

Stan1.png

Soo a bit disappointed we left the place and I decided to go and watch the last qualification match of the day. I was honestly surprised to see so many peeps in the stadion. Wasn't excpeting that and was positivly surprised.

After the match I decided to go back to my aunties place because I knew Roger wouldn't show up anymore.

Monday

Went for lunch close to the stadion. During the time of our lunch, it was raining cats and dogs and I was like "nooooo, it will be horrible to wait outside in this rain" I couldn't think of staying outside there, while it was raining so hard :-(

Considered buying a raincoat but I honestly didn't wanna spend money on that. Sooooo, I didn't and after lunch I went straight to the players entry. It was around 1:15pm when I arrived. Roger "normally" arrives around two hours before match at the stadion. So, we kept wating. Other fans where back there as well and the girls waiting to hand Roger the RE over were there again too :-)

Luckily the rain stopped and even the sun came out ... so, no problem to stay outside and wait for Roger. During the time we waited we saw a lot of players coming and going. Berdy kept showing up like four or five times, don't really know what he was up too. Hahaha!

We saw Roger's parents arrive but enter another side. It kept getting later and later and still no Roger. Thank god it wasn't cold so waiting was no problem. And if there is one man worth waiting for it's our Roger, right? :-)

The opening ceremony was about to start. If you wanted to watch it, you had to be on CC at 5:30pm - after the doors would be closed until the opening ceremony was over. I don't really like Udo Jürgens, so I gladly stayed outside and kept waiting. The chance really was small, that Roger would still come in by the player's entry .. but we waited.

All of a sudden lots of people kept running away from the player's entry ... Roger had arrived but he entered another door. Some got some pics from afar. I kept waiting at the entry, hoping he'll come out ... but he didn't.

Shortly after I left, Mirka came out and told the fans, that he will come to the fans after the match.

Soooooo... I entered the holy Center Court and waited for Roger. The CC was packed, because everybody wants to see Roger play. The crowd was great, kept clapping for our Maestro. But I guess you all saw the match on TV or a livestream on the computer. No need for me to go into details here :-)

After Roger's victory the CC was empty again. Dolgopolov and De Shepper started the match and almost nobody out there to watch the match.

Honestly, I was already thinking about leaving CC too, but I knew it would take some time, until Roger would leave the building, so I watched the match and Dolgy won 6:4 6:4.

After that it was going back to the players entry and wait for Roger.

Place was packed, lots of faces I know back there again and we kept waiting for Roger ....

Meeting our Maestro

Around 11:30pm the door opens and everybody started shouting ROGER ROGER ROGER!

The KIng has arrived! Three guards were with him to protect him .. hahaha. He started signing autographs and took pics with some.

He walked around, talked to some of the fans, kept signing autographs and was all smiley and chatty.

Absolutely adorable and stunning!

I wasn't in the front row, so I just kept taking pictures but my camera was acting up and kept me busy. As Roger was coming back to us, I just had to give it a try. Got to the front row and as Roger came, I asked him in swiss german if we could take a picture together. He was still signing an autograph but he nooded. He was about to walk away, so I talked to him in swiss german again and said that I would really love to get a picture with him. So, he said yes and stopped right beside me. Totally swooning already... and I couldn't handle taking the picture myself .. so I handed my camera over to one of those bodyguards. Was just staning beside Roger like a total douchebag and looked at the bodyguard holding my camera. Something didn't work and the red light kept showing up... I asked the bodyguard, if there was something wrong and he replied that it doesn't work.

Roger was so calm and told the bodyguard that he had his finger on the flash (hahahaha - omg). We laughed and the guy took his finger from the flash - and tadaaaaaaaaa... he took the picture!

I said thank you to Roger and just got out of the front row. People kinda pushing and trying to get a good spot on Roger.

What can I tell you about the moment. It's like everything else around you disappears. In that moment, it's only Roger and you. That's how I felt it. You forget everything around you and just focus on him. Roger's presence always makes me swoon and normally I get very quiet and I just try to seize the moment.

I had no idea how many seconds passed, how long I actually stood beside him and how he was all smiley. I just enjoyed it to the fullest and I was sooooooooo happy to finally get a picture with our Maestro.

I don't know how else to explain or describe, but if you have had your moment with Roger, I think you will understand. If now, I hope I was able to put in words what was going on in my mind and heart.

MarinaRoger2013-klein-zwei.png

Roger still gave some more autographs and took more pics, shortly after he dissapeared again behind the players' entry door. I was superduperhappy and walked to the tramstation, kept looking at the picture and shared tweets on twitter about my pic with him.

And so a big thank you to all your kind messages to me, about my picture with Roger. It is a dream come true. I waited so long for this and I couldn't be more happy.

Thank you all so much #FedererFamily. You guys and Roger mean the world to me and being a fan of Roger wouldn't be the same without you guys and twitter. I appreciate it! You guys rock! Much love from Switzerland to all of you.

xoxo

Marina aka penabaza :-)

My hero, my addiction & my everything.
Roger Federer
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

RFoncourt1.png

RFoncourt2.png

RFoncourt3.png

RFoncourt4.png

RFoncourt5.png

Roger Federer

#3 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

RFoncourt6.png

RFoncourt7.png

RFoncourt8.png

RFoncourt9.png

RFoncourt10.png

Roger Federer

#4 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I just love this picture *.*

RFwithFans1.png

Yeah, Marina trying to take pics of Roger standing in front of her... could not focus - hahaha :D

RFwithFans2.png

Roger Federer

#5 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

As I said on Twitter, I am soooo happy for you Marina :) What a wonderful experience and just shows it pays to be patient .... memories to cherish for sure! Thank you for telling us all about it :)

How thoughtful too of Mirka to come out and say when Roger would come out to see his fans. He was certainly there for some time after the match though!

One thing I have been dying to know .... stand by for the silly fan question of the year :rolleyes: Does Roger have an aftershave smell, if so what's it like, or is he natural?

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection personified

#6 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

hahaha - love that question.

but to be honest, i didn't smell a perfume on Roger. All totally natural.

I like it, when men don't "stink" of perfume or after shafe.

And he's totally natural as far as I can tell from a short moment of a day in the life of Roger Federer ;-)

*laughing*

Roger Federer

#7 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Thank you Marina for the wonderful report.  You write so well it makes me feel like I was there. Really captures the atmosphere.  And I think your photo with Roger is fantastic.  Lucky you!  How clever of him to recognize that the bodyguard had his finger on the flash too. I would never have noticed. Just shows the sort of sharp mind he has.

Re the rain, I once queued up all night (with sleeping bag and umbrella) in the pouring rain to get tickets to see the Beatles at Hammersmith Odeon.  Shows you how old I am  :)

Thanks again for taking the trouble to share your experience, and especially the photo, with us all.

#8 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Aww, thank you so much Rita.

I just got home and started writing and editing the pictures. The best way not to forget the details :-)

Plus I promised to write something and share my pics and I keep my promises, especially coming to Roger.

Will be going back for the SF and F and hopefully get more report on Roger and the Swiss Indoors.

Can't wait to go back.

Have a wondeRFul evening and now ALLEZ STAN!

Roger Federer

#9 Guest_Sudhanshu Khajuria_*

Guest_Sudhanshu Khajuria_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Even I had the pleasure and a chance to witness tennis god last year in basel and in person in neiderbuchistein for jura event.those days gave me a memory I will never forget. .Nevertheless I will see the maestro on finals day in basel this Sunday on the finals day...

#10 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Congratssssss and thanks you so much Marina errrrrrrrr i mean MaRFina for the wondeRFul pics and lovely story. ;-) I am so happy for you bcz finally you have a pic of you with Roger (Biggest dream of all Fed fans). When i saw your pic on FB, i said myself "Yesssss She Did This Time" bcz for me you're one of the best and loyal Fed fan in the world. :-)

Once again congrats and thanks for your love for Federer Family. :) Enjoy MaRFina ;-)

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#11 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 746 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

DAMN LUCKY YOU ARE!!!!!!!! really happy for u !!!! :)

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#12 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

hahaha - love that question.
but to be honest, i didn't smell a perfume on Roger. All totally natural.
I like it, when men don't "stink" of perfume or after shafe.
And he's totally natural as far as I can tell from a short moment of a day in the life of Roger Federer ;-)
*laughing*

:) That's good to know. I'm not that keen overwhelming aftershave either. Fingers crossed for the SF and Finals for you to have another thrilling FEDeristic time :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection personified

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

:D Danke!! :)

#14 Guest_una harris_*

Guest_una harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

How exciting for you. I'd love to go to the tournament in basel sometime. Thanks for the stunning report. Makes me feel I was there.

#15 Stephanie

Stephanie

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Current mood: Doh

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

ohhh wow Penabaza you are so damn lucky (looking at your picture with roger with jealousy on my eyes :D  . I envy you lol.

Congrats and so happy for you .. ;)  :) enjoy the tournament  ;)  :) 

As long as ROGER FEDERER  is content to play, I am very content to watch and learn.  ;) 

legend.jpg

#16 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Thanks, Marina, for sharing your photos and experience in Basel. So nice that you personally met Roger. Hope you bring him more luck!

#17 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,565 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oww Marina you are so lucky and of course God loves you for meeting Federer ;) .... I'm so happy for you... What can i say??, just envy you!!!!  :) 

Thanks for the great pics 

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#18 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Very interesting matchup in the QF: Federer v 'Baby Federer' Dimitrov. This is very dangerous for Federer because he is yet far from his best while Dimitrov, with his first title in Stockholm last week, is now full of confidence. Dimitrov demolished Dolgopolov 6-3, 6-2 in R16, firing 12 aces. I really hope Dimitrov reminds Federer what he was once like and somehow helps Federer remember his old ways of playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+