• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Rafael Nadal will secure 2013 year-end ATP No. 1 ranking if he wins Bercy Masters, 2013 title or if Novak Djokovic loses on or before Semis of Bercy

novak djokovic rafa nadal 2013 year end no 1 atp world no 1 year end no 1 world no 1 atp 2013 no 1

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Important Update:

As this post was written before the Bercy Masters, 2013 started, now, From here on the discussion involving the 2013 year-end No. 1 scenarios post World Tour Finals, 2013 & Davis Cup 2013 finals has moved to a newer topic & here's the link -------

http://www.rogerfede...-wtf-davis-cup/

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

This is the 3rd part of our discussion on the 2013 year-end No. 1 ranking. The first part had ranking scenarios covered till China Open, 2013, the 2nd part had ranking scenario covered from Shanghai Masters till the World Tour Finals & infact, the DAVIS Cup 2013 finals tie.

This part mainly deals with the discussion on the upcoming Bercy Masters, 2013 & how the result of Bercy Masters, 2013 can impact the 2013 year-end #1 ranking & will Rafa Nadal or Novak Djokovic end 2013 as year-end #1.

rafole.jpg

This is how the ATP Rankings of Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic will look like on 28th October, 2013 immediately after Basel/Valencia get added & deducted :

Rafael Nadal: 11670 points (150 points from Chile Open's final loss will get added to Nadal's points, inspite of the fact that Nadal had skipped Basel 2013, to read more details about it, read this detailed post right here).

Novak Djokovic: 11120 points

As, I have explained before, the maximum points that Novak Djokovic can add to his ATP Points tally if he wins Bercy Masters, World Tour Finals, 2013 (undefeated) & then, both singles matches of Davis Cup final tie vs Czech Republic with bonus points is 1215 points. You can read about that in details here.

Thus, here are the two scenarios where in Rafael Nadal will 100% secure 2013 year-end No. 1 ranking post BNP PARIBAS Bercy Masters, Paris 2013:

(i) If Rafa Nadal wins Bercy Masters title ---

In that case, Rafael Nadal will get to 12,670 points & if Djokovic loses in the finals, he will be on 11,710 points & the maximum points that Djokovic can add even after winning World Tour Finals, 2013 undefeated & Davis Cup finals both singles tie (with Bonus points) is only 225 points.

or (ii) If Novak Djokovic loses in or before the Semi-finals of Bercy Masters & Rafa Nadal wins just 1 match at Bercy Masters ---

If Djokovic loses in the semi-finals of Bercy Masters, 2013, he will get to 11,480 points (360 points for reaching semis).

& then again, Djokovic can add a maximum of 225 points, thus, Djokovic will get to is 11,705 points.

& if Rafa Nadal wins just 1 match at Bercy Masters, he will get to 11,760 points.

Can Novak Djokovic be No. 1 post Bercy Masters, 2013 when the next ATP Rankings are announced on 4th November, 2013?

The simple answer to this question is No.

As World Tour Finals, 2012 ATP points will come off on 4th November, 2013, so, in the ATP points that will be announced on 4th November, 2013, Djokovic will lose out 1500 points from World Tour Finals, 2013.

Though, ATP website is currently showing the drop-down of World Tour Finals, 2013 points as 11th November, 2013, but, just like last year, I have received a confirmation from ATP that the WTF 2013 points will come off on 4th November, 2013.

So, even if Djokovic wins Bercy Masters, 2013, he will be on 10530 points post Bercy Masters, 2013 while Rafa Nadal even in case of 2nd Round loss will be on 11,670 points on 4th November, 2013.

Can Novak Djokovic regain #1 ATP Ranking post World Tour Finals on 11th November, 2013?

The answer to this question is yes. For a more detailed write-up on how it is possible, click here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,777 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm sure that will be Nadal

Important Update:

As this post was written before the Bercy Masters, 2013 started, now, From here on the discussion involving the 2013 year-end No. 1 scenarios post World Tour Finals, 2013 & Davis Cup 2013 finals has moved to a newer topic & here's the link -------

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#3 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yes. It's 99% Nadal.

#4 meopoka

meopoka

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

You know nadal is always so. a harmonious and friendly. he is someone who I always fans

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

So, now that Djokovic has reached finals of Bercy Masters & Nadal lost in the semis of Bercy, this is how the live ATP Ranking points of both looks like ----

Rafa Nadal: 12030

& Novak Djokovic : 10210 points

The difference between both as of today is 1820 points.

The maximum points that Djokovic can gain from here is 2125 points ::::  400 more (if he wins Bercy), World Tour Finals undefeated (1500 points) & DAVIS Cup (with bonus points) : 225

So, maximum points that Djokovic can add from here on is 2125 points. (& post Bercy - 1725 points).

So, what that means is that Rafa Nadal needs 310 points more to secure year-end #1....

So, if Rafa Nadal wins just 2 group stage matches @ World Tour Finals, 2013, he will 100% secure year-end #1.

& Djokovic to secure 2013 year-end No. 1 ranking needs to win Bercy MASTERS Title, then win World Tour Finals 2013 title undefeated (by winning 5 matches) & then win Davis Cup finals both singles ties & hope, Team Serbia win Davis Cup & if this wasn't sufficient, Rafa Nadal shouldn't win more than 1 match at World Tour Finals, 2013.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

For a more detailed write-up on whether Novak Djokovic or Rafa Nadal will be 2013 year-end ATP #1, click here.

Important clarification, Davis Cup 2013 final points will get calculated in year-end #1 ATP Ranking calculation, for a detailed explanation of that, click here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

From here on the discussion involving World Tour Finals, 2013 & Davis Cup 2013 finals has moved to a newer topic & here's the link -------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: novak djokovic, rafa nadal, 2013 year end no 1, atp world no 1, year end no 1, world no 1, atp 2013 no 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+