• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Roger Federer will secure World Tour Final spot if he wins just 1 match at Bercy or if Raonic fails to wins Bercy Title

wtf 2013 final showdown 2013 atp wtf final showdown roger federer rf o2 o2 london london 2013

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Here's the fourth & the last part of my discussion on World Tour Finals, 2013 qualifications. My first discussion started before Shanghai Masters, 2013 & second discussion was a lead-up post Shanghai Masters, 2013 till Bercy Masters, 2013.

Third discussion was about Roger Federer's scenario at Basel & how a title win at Basel will 100% confirm his spot in the World Tour Finals, 2013.

Also, as you all know, I was the first to report about Tomas Berdych qualifying for World Tour Finals, 2013 (ATP broke the news almost 20 hours after me), so, now that only 7 days are left in the Tennis season before World Tour Finals, 2013, so, this short discussion is to cover the last 3 qualifications left for World Tour Finals, 2013.

post-2-0-39814700-1351948935_thumb.jpg

File picture of O2 getting ready for the the season ending Barclay's ATP World Tour Finals

This is how the live ATP points of the next 5 opponents looks like (updated just after Roger Federer's loss to Juan Martin Del Potro in the finals of Swiss Indoors, Basel 2013)

i) Roger Federer ---- 3445 points

ii)  Stanislas Wawrinka-   3150 points

iii) Richard Gasquet-- 3120 points

iv) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga ---- 3055 points

v) MilosRaonic ---- 2770 points

vi) Tommy Haas- 2425 points

Before we go any further further, please have a look at the Bercy Masters draw right here.

A closer looks at the Bercy Draw, which you can see here, shows us that Richard Gasquet & Jo Willy Tsonga are scheduled to meet in the 3rd Round, so, only one of them can get to Quarter-finals or Round of 8 at Bercy Masters, 2013.

So, if Gasquet wins that QF & manages to beat Rafa Nadal in the Quarters, similarly, if Wawrinka manages to beat Djokovic to get to semis & Raonic also manages to get to semis, we will have the following semis ----

1st --- Stan Wawrinka vs Del Potro

2nd-- Milos Raonic vs Richard Gasquet

So, at best, if Gasquet reaches SF, he will be on 3480 points by adding 360 points

Stan Wawrinka reaches Semis, he will be on 3510 points again by adding 360 points

& Raonic if he wins will be on 3770 points by adding 1000 points.

While Tommy Haas can at best get to 3425 points even if he wins Bercy MASTERS title, which is less than the starting points of Roger Federer.

So, here are the 3 conditions where in Roger Federer will 100% qualify for World Tour Finals, 2013  -----

940929_571814722848987_154312477_n.jpg

(i) If Federer wins his 2nd round match (he will be getting a 1st round bye) against Youzhny or Anderson, he will add up 90 points, thus, will get to 3535 points

or (please note that, its an or, meaning, if Roger Federer fails to win any match at Bercy)

(ii) Milos Raonic fails to win Bercy Masters 2013 title.

or (iii) Stanislas Wawrinka or Richard Gasquet fail to reach Bercy Masters semi-finals.

If any one of these three conditions get fulfilled, Roger Federer will qualify for World Tour Finals, 2013 & that's 100% sure.

Please be informed that only way, Tsonga can go ahead than Roger Federer in points if if he reaches finals of Bercy Masters & if that happens, automatically, Gasquet & Raonic will get eliminated below the above specified conditions.

So, if you are a Roger Federer fan, get ready to cheer for your man as he is 99.9999999999999999999% sure to qualify for World Tour Finals for the 12th consecutive year & don't forget to invite me for a cup of coffee for all these updates :).

Can Stan Wawrinka or Gasquet or Tsonga or Tommy Haas qualify for World Tour Finals, 2013? To get the answer to that question, click here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Just now, some one asked me, hasn't Roger Federer qualified for WTF? The answer at this moment is no.

Please be informed that for players who get a bye from Round-1, get only 10 points if they lose out in Round-2 of ATP 1000 masters tournaments.

But, other players who play their 1st round match & then lose out in Round-2 get 45 points.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Guest_Scarlett_*

Guest_Scarlett_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

I have your coffee ready here lol :P thanks for all the efforts!

#4 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for all this Vibhu. I was concerned that Roger had to win his first match to be sure of qualifying.   I don't know much about Anderson but Youzhny can be difficult. Roger had a tough match with him in Halle - though he won of course.  Now I see that Raonic would need to win for him not to qualify, and although miracles can happen I think we are fairly safe.

What sort of coffee do you prefer?  Although I think a glass of champagne would be more in keeping with the occasion if Roger qualifies  :)

#5 dkhazan

dkhazan

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thank you sir. As usual great review and analysis.

#6 Guest_Ricardo Mello_*

Guest_Ricardo Mello_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

this site is better than the official RF site! thanks!

#7 Guest_una harris_*

Guest_una harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

I hope you like Irish coffee. Would love to celebrate with you.

#8 Guest_una harris_*

Guest_una harris_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

#9 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Tsonga lost to Nishikori. I'm sure it will be Federer, Wawrinka and Gasquet who will qualify for WTF now.

#10 chak75

chak75

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Roger will qualify for ATP finals. I hope he does well there, at least the SFs....

#11 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have your coffee ready here lol :P thanks for all the efforts!

Thanks for that. Appreciate your kind words.

Thanks for all this Vibhu. I was concerned that Roger had to win his first match to be sure of qualifying.   I don't know much about Anderson but Youzhny can be difficult. Roger had a tough match with him in Halle - though he won of course.  Now I see that Raonic would need to win for him not to qualify, and although miracles can happen I think we are fairly safe.

What sort of coffee do you prefer?  Although I think a glass of champagne would be more in keeping with the occasion if Roger qualifies  :)

Danke, I actually, very rarely take coffee :). Though, yes, I really like Jura coffee. Ha ha, no champagne for me, I don't drink actually :). Though,when Stan qualifies, I might give you all a party :)...

Thank you sir. As usual great review and analysis.

Thanks. Appreciate your kind words.

this site is better than the official RF site! thanks!

Thanks, look forward to hear more from you here.

Surely, yes. I do. Also, do register here, so that we can meet up when I am at Dublin next time :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

So, Roger Federer has qualified for World Tour Finals :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yes, he's made it!

#14 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,565 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Oh yeah this the most important, i was so concerned.....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wtf 2013, final showdown 2013, atp wtf, final showdown, roger federer, rf o2, o2 london, london 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+