• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Draw, Groups, Seedings and Schedule of Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013

atp wtf atp wtf 2013 final showdown atp finalshowdown world tour finals wtf 2013 O2 London O2

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

As you all know, the Top 8 players will be playing at Barclays World Tour Finals, 2013 starting from 4th November, 2013. (If you are interested in knowing, what is the Qualification criteria for the selection of these 8 players for WTF, I explained it in a separate article here.)

post-2-0-39814700-1351948935_thumb.jpg

(Pic courtesy: ATP World Tour)

The Seedings will be as per the ATP rankings that will be announced on 4th November, 2013. As Andy Murray has withdrawn from World Tour Finals, 2013, the following will be the seedings for World Tour Finals, 2013 :

1) Rafael Nadal

2) Novak Djokovic

3) David Ferrer

4) Juan Martin Del Potro

5) Tomas Berdych*

6)  Roger Federer*

7) Stanislas Wawrinka

8) Richard Gasquet

1452326_380780692053928_740771610_n.jpg

Alternate Players: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Milos Raonic

After today's win over Del Potro, Roger Federer is on 3805 points while Tomas Berdych before the start of his quarter-final vs David Ferrer is on 3980 points, if Berdych manages to beat Ferrer, he will get to 4160 points. If Federer reaches finals of Bercy Masters, he will get to 4065 points, so, in order to get a higher seeding than Tomas Berdych will need to win Bercy Masters title & if Berdych loses to Ferrer, Federer will get the #5 seeding if he beats Djokovic in the semis of Bercy Masters.

But, how ever, even if Federer wins Bercy Masters title, Federer will get to only 4465 points.

While, Del Potro is currently on 5055 points, so, the sequence of seedings (with the exception of Berdych & Federer) is now 100% confirmed.

Formation of the Groups for World Tour Finals, 2013:

The players are distributed in to 2 groups.

With the first seeded player in Group-A & the second seeded player in the Group-B.

Players seeded (three and four), (five and six), (seven and eight), are then drawn in pairs placing the first drawn in Group A & second one in Group-B.

Similarly, the same rule will be applicable for 2nd pair of 5 & 6  & the 3rd pair of 7 & 8.

So, in a nutshell, in a particular group, there will be one player who is seeded 1 or 2,  2nd player will be seeded 3 or 4, 3rd player will be seeded 5 or 6 & the 4th player will be seeded 7 or 8.

To make it even more simple for you, this is how the groups of World Tour Finals are formed

Player seeded 1 (in 2013 - Rafael Nadal) will be in Group-A, Played seeded #2 (in 2013 - Novak Djokovic) will automatically get in Group-B.

Then, the 1st pairing of 3 & 4 will come up for the group draw. Who so ever gets selected first in the draw, gets in to Group A & second in Group-B.

Then, the 2nd pairing of 5 & 6  & after 5, 6 are allocated in the groups in the similar way.

Then, the last pairing of 7 & 8 comes up & allocated in to Group-A & B in the above described manner.

This is done to ensure that both groups are equal & the matches at World Tour Finals will be competitive.

Draw Timings & Date

atp%20wtf%20draw.jpg

At the time of publishing this post, Officially, ATP is yet to announce the draw time. But, my sources in the ATP have confirmed that as the seedings pairs have got confirmed & as there will be no changes in the seedings pairs in spite of the pending matches at Bercy Masters, 2013, ATP will announce the draw on Saturday, 2nd November, 2013 at about 14:00 GMT.

Scroll down for the Official Draw, Schedule & Groups.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Stan Wawrinka was present at the draw & here are the groups

1450173_10151984736168701_1640377396_n.j

Group A:

1. Nadal,

3. Ferrer,

5. Berdych,

7. Wawrinka.

Group B:

2. Djokovic,

4. Delpotro,

6. Federer,

8. Gasquet.

The number indicated here is the seeding....

1395878_10151979542128701_944968136_n.jp

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Guest_andy_*

Guest_andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

hi. who plays when, is it both group A games on monday? or 1 from each group?

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Here's the schedule of Monday :::

Afternoon session : Tomas Berdych v Stan Wawrinka (Group-A)

Evening:  Juan Martin Del Potro vs Richard Gasquet (Group- B )

Afternoon session --- not before 2 pm

Evening session ---- not before 8 pm

Here's the schedule of Tuesday :::

Afternoon session : Rafa Nadal vs David Ferrer (Group-A)

Evening:  Novak Djokovic vs Roger Federer (Group-B )

1012019_10151985596343701_325596846_n.jp

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Guest_Erica Glynne_*

Guest_Erica Glynne_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Vibhuism, where did you get this info? Thank you so much, every year I have to wait until the day before and pay hundreds, thanks to you Ive just landed a ticket for £66 for Tue nite to see Feds.  

Will you let me know when he plays again after Tuesday if he beats Djoko?  eternally grateful :-)

Regards

Erica

#6 Bingo31

Bingo31

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Rafa has by far the easiest group of players!!!!!

#7 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Roger is in the tough group, but I think that's actually better. If he wins the group and goes to SF, he may play easier opponent. Looking forward to it!

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 967 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Roger certainly has the tougher group, it will be a good work out for him for sure! I sincerely hope he can get some more wins under his belt. It will all help in his preparation for 2014 which is promising to be a much better year for him than this one.

On a purely personal note I hope that group B will have some afternoon matches as the BBC are only screening those sessions :(

2012-07-08Wimbledon17thGrandSlam-02Avata .... peRFection

#9 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

It's a pretty tough draw for Roger. Hope he can keep his energy up.   Rafa certainly does seem to have it easy, though after yesterday's match with Ferrer maybe not.  I just hope I can get to see all of Roger's matches - and others too if possible.  I have family visiting and they're not really tennis fans.  Hope I can discreetly watch on my iPad. 

Allez Roger!

#10 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Okay, just two facts :

(i) This is the first time ever in the 44 year old history of World Tour Finals that one Group-A & one Group-B match is being played on Mondays & Tuesdays, that is because of no rest between Bercy Masters & WTF...

(ii) Got the confirmation from ATP that both Group-A matches will be played on Wednesday & Group B on Thursday.

So, here's my prediction for Wednesday's (6th November, 2013) matches :::

Afternoon: Rafael Nadal vs Stan Wawrinka

Night:   David Ferrer vs Tomas Berdych  (yes, its very hard for Ferrer)

& Prediction for Thursday's matches (7th November, 2013) :::::

Afternoon: Roger Federer vs Richard Gasquet

Evening/Night: Novak Djokovic vs Del Potro

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hope you are right for Thursday afternoon Vibhu ;)

#12 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

For those who may be wondering about the timings of Roger's practice sessions, the ATP World Tour Finals mobile App has been updated to include the practice schedule.

Today, Tuesday 5th November, will be on the Fanzone Practice Court 1 at 5pm for one hour

#13 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Any predictions for Friday Afternoon session?

#14 almar2014

almar2014

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

I was wondering if someone could help.  It's been announced that on Friday 8th November, the players from Group A will play (so the matches left are Nadal / Berdych and Ferrer / Wawrinka).  Does anyone know how the singles matches are selected for that day?  Is it random or is there some other way of selecting who will be playing in the afternoon / evening sessions?  We want to see Nadal and have tickets for the afternoon session! Thanks.  

#15 Guest_vero_*

Guest_vero_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not possible to rely on WTF schedules. They said tomorrow would be group A only both doubles and singles and now when they announced players for sessions its group B doubles both sessions. Schedule for thu says all sessions Gr B again. Can't believe it,it would be harsh for doubles players to play 3 days in a row.So what if RF won't play at all on thu? Why cannot they announce the sessions ahead??? I have tickets for thu all day hoping to see RF.

#16 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

Any predictions for Friday Afternoon session?

Yeps, Friday's expected schedule -----

Ferrer vs Wawrinka --- afternoon session

& Rafa Nadal vs Berdych -- evening session

I was wondering if someone could help.  It's been announced that on Friday 8th November, the players from Group A will play (so the matches left are Nadal / Berdych and Ferrer / Wawrinka).  Does anyone know how the singles matches are selected for that day?  Is it random or is there some other way of selecting who will be playing in the afternoon / evening sessions?  We want to see Nadal and have tickets for the afternoon session! Thanks.  

Well, see the selection criteria as I have been writing for the last 2 years is- put the relatively more important matches at a time where the greater number of tickets are lying unsold...

My gut feeling is that Rafa's match will be Friday evening (but then again its a prediction), will confirm to you by Thursday...

Not possible to rely on WTF schedules. They said tomorrow would be group A only both doubles and singles and now when they announced players for sessions its group B doubles both sessions. Schedule for thu says all sessions Gr B again. Can't believe it,it would be harsh for doubles players to play 3 days in a row.So what if RF won't play at all on thu? Why cannot they announce the sessions ahead??? I have tickets for thu all day hoping to see RF.

Well, they are really messing up the doubles schedule, but, glad, they are back to groups in Singles.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Now, is the turn of Saturday's schedule -----

Afternoon session: Roger Federer vs Del Potro

Evening session: Novak Djokovic vs Richard Gasquet

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Guest_Omar_*

Guest_Omar_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

At what time Federer will play on Saturday , need to buy a ticket.

Please hlp

#19 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Are you in London

#20 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

Saturday's schedule -----

Afternoon session: Roger Federer vs Del Potro at 2pm GMT

Evening session: Novak Djokovic vs Richard Gasquet at 19.45 GMT....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atp wtf, atp wtf 2013, final showdown, atp finalshowdown, world tour finals, wtf 2013, O2 London, O2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+