• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic, Bercy Masters 2013

roger federer novak djokovic bercy masters 2013 bercy 2013 atp 1000

16 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Novak Djokovic defeated Roger Federer 6-4, 3-6, 6-2 in 2 hours to secure his place in the finals of BNP Paribas Masters, Bercy, Paris 2013 where he will meet the defending champion David Ferrer who shocked every one by taking out the in-form Rafa Nadal in straight sets.

201311021115405560010-p5.jpg

This was Federer & Djokovic's 30th meeting & Federer started in a more confident manner as Djokovic struggled during the 1st set.

1st Set

Complete Dominance by Federer

Roger Federer had a great start to the 1st set. He broke Djokovic's service in the 3rd game to get to a 2-1 lead. Roger Federer looked in sparkling form in the first set, while Djokovic looked a bit out of sorts during the 1st set.

Federer had another break point in the 5th game, but Djokovic managed to save it.

Federer's service was flawless in the 1st set & he managed to save 4 break points with 2 of those coming in the 8th game & the other 2 coming in the 10th game as Federer was serving for the set at 5-4.

Federer served out the set in the 10th game winning 6-4 in 46 minutes.

Here are the first set stats ----

BYEq59rCUAEirxG.jpg

Federer's 1st serve % was an impressive 75% & he won 11 points out of 16 when he came to the net.

Also, Federer did the majority of the damage with his slice & topspin, here's a screenshot of how immaculate Federer's shots were in the 1st set

BYElbgFCYAA3SHc.jpg

BYEsl3LCYAAC7Fx.jpg

Federer's return % in the first set

2nd Set

Federer got the service break in the very 1st game & looked in complete control as Djokovic was looking down & out.

But, the Serbian got the break back in the very next game as Federer lost his service for the 1st time in the match & it was 1-all.

Momentum shifted in favor of Djokovic

Djokovic broke Federer once again in the 6th game to get to a 4-2 lead.

The Serbian then served out the set in the 9th game winning 6-3 in 39 minutes.

Here are the second set stats -----

BYEzmRpCEAA8WYj.jpg

Federer's 1st serve % fell to 50% & the result was obvious & also, he couldn't come to the net as often

Here's a quick comparison of the difference of Federer's backhand in the 1st set vis-a-vis the 2nd set

BYE1vxUCcAAVLQ-.jpg

A quick look will tell you the difference between the results of the set & how much those slice backhand helped Federer in the 1st set

3rd Set

Novak Djokovic got in to his prime form in the 3rd set

Djokovic broke Federer's service in the 3rd game to get to a 2-1 lead. Djokovic had looked ordinary in the first set & a half. But, after winning the 2nd set, he had gained the upper hand.

Roger Federer could win only 1 point out of 9 serves on his second serve in the 3rd set.

The Serbian then broke the Swiss's service once again in the 7th game to get to a 5-2 lead.

The Serbian then served out the set in the 8th game to win the set 6-2 in 35 minutes.

Here are the overall match stats ----

BYE76uoCIAAWXmr.jpg

Federer's 1st % stats remained 66%, largely because of the impressive 1st set stats

Here's a detailed match stats for you all ---------

BYE8IgSIcAA9sJv.jpg

Screenshot credit: Ben Rothenberg

This was Djokovic's 14th win over Federer & Federer now leads the head 16-14 vs Djokovic.

Novak Djokovic's chances of ending 2013 as year-end No.1 got a new life, after David Ferrer defeated Rafael Nadal in the 2nd semis. To read more about the 2013 year-end No. 1 click here.

Mean while, Roger Federer will start his campaign at World Tour Finals, 2013 against Novak Djokovic from Tuesday, read about the detailed schedule and group and the draw of Barclays ATP World Tour Finals right here.

Scroll down for more pictures, interview quotes, video highlights, video recording and other insights from the match.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Full match recording ----------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Highlights from the match ---------

another highlights package ------

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

Roger Federer's presser after the match ------

After a good first set, you gradually slowed down ...

I still had my chances of closing the match in two sets, but Novak played very well in those moments. He served well when he needed. I'm a little disappointed because in fact things turned quickly. But I was in rhythm.

Roger+Federer+BNP+Paribas+Masters+Day+Si

In the first set, you embarrassed [him] by your chips, you approached the net, your used drop shots... Thereafter, you have less recourse to these options. Why?

I served a little worse and Novak immediately revived me better. I could not be as aggressive as I wanted and it took me a little more in the industry. These are small details, but they are enough to create the scale. He better served from the second set, too.

What is your assessment of this Parisian tournament?

It's a good week for me . After my final in Basel last week, I'm glad I strung together without problems several games in three sets. I played in the last ten, twelve days. I recorded a lot of information on my game, many certainties about my body and trust in my head. Things are clearer.

That is to say?

When we do not think about anything but the next shot or the next tactic, which was only to wonder if it is going up or not, everything becomes clear. In recent months, I ached all over, I felt like the whole building was fragile. In these moments, doubts interfere in mind and we can no longer focus on the field and on the adversary. There, I see clearly what I am able ... and that I can still improve .

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,648 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

Video from Federer's presser ------

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,648 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

Pics from the match -------

Roger+Federer+BNP+Paribas+Masters+Day+5+

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

For Pictures of Mirka Federer & Federer twins, see this post right here -----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/1665-pics-of-mirka-federer-taken-at-bercy-masters-paris-2013/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,316 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:36 AM

The amazing 26 shot rally in the third game of the first set .... video uploaded by Jonathan Moss

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#9 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,316 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Roger came to this match with focus and intent, which was clear from his performance in the first set, which was truly breathtaking at times.

1450748_616048348438784_1912982038_n.jpg

1385763_616049001772052_1039850162_n.jpg

547440_616048818438737_2115880147_n.jpg?

In this next photograph look how far back Roger's wrist is bent back as he prepares the shot!

1402007_615948261782126_583910538_o.jpg?

Sadly he was not able to keep the momentum up to combat Novak's improved rhythm and shotmaking in the second set and in the third I got the feeling that Roger was feeling the strain after playing recent matches on successive days.

At least now he has a couple of days to recover before facing Novak again in London. A really testing and tight schedule for the players at the end of the season this year.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#10 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Novak Djokovic played a few points with the Swedish footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the match and here are a few pics -----

Novak+Djokovic+BNP+Paribas+Masters+Day+S

Novak+Djokovic+BNP+Paribas+Masters+Day+S

Zlatan+Ibrahimovic+BNP+Paribas+Masters+D

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

Federer is improving match by match. We will see old Federer come Brisbane. He's gone as far as SF and I regard these good match practices. WTF as well. I'm not really worried about Roger losing these matches as long as he shows signs of improvements.

#12 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

I thought Roger looked a bit down in the post-match interview.  I hope he's not beating himself up over losing because he shouldn't, he really shouldn't.  He's had a brilliant 2 weeks and done far better than any of us expected I think (though maybe not better than he himself expected).  It was always going to be tough.  Too many matches on successive days and I think he was the only one going into the semis who hadn't had a week off - am I right?  Hope he's feeling positive, as I am, for London and for the future in general.  These last two matches against Delpo and Djoko must have been really useful for him and he will know exactly where he is at.  The early sets in particular of both matches were a joy to watch.  Roger in full flight is quite a spectacle.  Unmatchable.  

Some time today Roger will hit one million followers on twitter.  That's really not bad for someone who only joined a few months ago :)

#13 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Forgot to say thanks as always to Vibhu and all for the amazing pics, interviews, analysis etc.

#14 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think Roger must be frustrated with himself, because he had Djokovic exactly where he wanted him to be and then let him off the hook. 1 set and a break down, he really should've closed the match in the 2nd set. That only shows he still needs more of his game back, but he was really playing good tennis before he self-destroyed himself. That's what I liked about his SF match. He was standing toe-to-toe with Djokovic and was having the upper hand a lot of times in the 1st set. It's now only a matter of time before he reaches to top form again.

#15 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,785 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

1383497_616049368438682_728823073_n.jpg

‪Roger 'Excited' to Play Novak Back-to-Back 

‬Roger Federer‪ : “It's unusual, no doubt about it to play]back-to-back matches against Novak… I'm always excited about those challenges. 

“I have had a good couple of weeks now. Most important thing is to recover as much as I can, so maybe the extra day I will get over Novak now, could be an advantage. But I doubt it. He didn't play Basel. So for me, it's really important to rest right now and make sure I sleep enough and do all those things before our match on Tuesday.”

“With Del Potro, sometimes he wins; sometimes I win. Djokovic beat me, and maybe in three days I will have another opportunity playing him, But it’s different circumstances and a different stadium in a different place. Now the turnaround is so quick. I like that challenge, but it's not easy.”‬

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#16 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,785 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Federer and Djokovic AMAZING Points....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#17 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,785 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

1426721_616364265073859_1181423525_n.jpg

Federer on Twitter: ''Once more it was remarkably experience in Paris Bercy, thank you a thousand times!''

999779_616426381734314_786648237_n.jpg

" From Paris to London, from Bercy to the O2. #exciting...."

Follow us also on...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+