• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 39 votes

Roger Federer's proposed 2014 Tennis schedule

roger federer 2014 schedule rf 2014 roger federer 2014 schedule atp 2014 schedule

50 replies to this topic

#21 Andri60

Andri60

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Right, my friend, but the 2013 was very bad year.
He need more tennis and more points.

#22 Roger@Sw19

Roger@Sw19

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Current mood: Lonely

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi RF Fans... :)

Considering his results in 2013 and his never ending passion to this sport..I think he should play a regular schedule..If he reduce the events, it will again reduce his confidence to win titles...If he want to play till 2016, he needs to be motivated..and for that he need to win some good titles..atleast masters...In 2013...it was a mistake to start the season in Aus open..He could have played either Qatar or Brisbane..And it was again a mistake to skip Miami masters...I am giving my views on his 2014 schedule.. :)

I hope Roger will play the following events in 2014.....

1) Brisbane

2) Aus Open

3) Davis Cup

4) Dubai

5) Indianwells

6) Miami

7) Montecarlo

8) Madrid

9) Rome

10) Roland Garros

11) Halle

12) Sw19

13) Toronto

14) Cincy

15 ) USO

16) Shanghai

17) Basel

18) Paris

19) WTF

Let me give my views for the tournaments which was not present in the initial Post... :)

1) Davis Cup - Roger should play Davis Cup this time..He skipped last time..But had he played last time..Swiss could have beat Czech Team...So i hope Roger will play against Serbia..So that Swiss defenitly will have a good chance to win..And if they win against Serbia..then they can easily reach Semis of Davis Cup as the quarter final match will be very easy to win against Belgium or Kazakastan..and even without Roger, Swiss can win that...But they cannot win against Serbia without Roger...Davis Cup is missing from Roger's CV so in my opinion he should give another try to this... :)

2) Rotterdam - Its not good to travel to Europe for just a week and come back to Dubai after that...IMO Roger should skip Rotterdam and get a good rest before Dubai..Also there is nothing to prove for Roger in Rotterdam

3) Miami - Roger should play Miami..Agreed that its a slow surface...but still its hard courts..And he is a 2 time champion there..Also he can gain some points also..Its very important that Roger should be back in Top 4 as the draws are killing him now..He is not in a position to beat top 3 players in succession...so it will be really good if he can get back to the top 4.. :) Also it was a 2 month break from Indianwells to Madrid last year...such long breaks are not going to help Roger for sure

4) Montecarlo - Again a tournament that was skipped by Roger in the past few years...But i hope he will play this year..He may not have great chances to win there..but he can gain points..And who knows a briliant week from Roger is enough for him to win his first title there...If Nadal can win Cincinatti...then Roger can win Montecarlo also.. :)

And remaining events are the same like last year...I really hope Roger to win some titles in the starting of season itself..He can easily win the title in Brisbane..That will give him some confidence before Aus open..Lets hope for a better year this time..One advantage is that he is not defending much points for the entire year...So he can play without any pressure...Hope Roger will win Aus open..that will be great.. :)

Allez Roger... :)

#23 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

I started a new Topic discussion & a poll on whether Roger Federer will play at Davis Cup in 2014? Feel free to participate in the poll & discussion right here ----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/1777-will-roger-federer-play-davis-cup-in-2014/

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#24 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Welcome, Roger@Sw19! I hope you enjoy it here! :)

#25 Guest_Mikefed5150_*

Guest_Mikefed5150_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

When will Federer"s 2014 schedule come out? I have been waiting for it since the beginning of November.

#26 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

When will Federer"s 2014 schedule come out? I have been waiting for it since the beginning of November.

Well, as I had written in my 1st post, during the last 3-4 years, they announced the schedule by mid of November, this year, there is a delay because of issues in Davis Cup & also, Brisbane is already fixed up in his schedule, so, they are in no hurries to announce the schedule.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#27 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 500 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

https://www.credit-s...e-for-2014.html

Is it just me reading between the lines or is he somehow declared that he wont rather participate in neither Miami nor Monte Carlo? Anyway it is great to hear Roger pump up for 2014.

#28 Guest_kenny_*

Guest_kenny_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Your skipping the Sony Ericsson again?????You are really making a lot of your loyal fans very sad.I hope you reconsider.Whatever you do have a great 2014 and merry Christmas.

#29 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Your skipping the Sony Ericsson again?????You are really making a lot of your loyal fans very sad.I hope you reconsider.Whatever you do have a great 2014 and merry Christmas.

Well, if thats for Roger, I can only say, that he isn't responsible for that. Also, IMG & the way, these marketing companies deal & try to do business is responsible for Roger & Rafa breaking their contracts with them.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#30 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

Well, if thats for Roger, I can only say, that he isn't responsible for that. Also, IMG & the way, these marketing companies deal & try to do business is responsible for Roger & Rafa breaking their contracts with them.

Rafa however will play Miami 2014.

#31 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Rafa however will play Miami 2014.

has Rafa announced his 2014 schedule?

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#32 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

has Rafa announced his 2014 schedule?

Well, it seems like he's yet to release his 2014 schedule. Info about Rafa participating in Miami 2014 comes from their (tournament) official website. We also know that in February  Rafa will take part in two clay court tournaments: Rio and Buenos Aires once again.

Wonder why there's a delay in announcement of Fed's schedule. Might be some tough negotiations e.g. with Sony Ericsson Open? Or perhaps some trivial reason?

#33 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Well, it seems like he's yet to release his 2014 schedule. Info about Rafa participating in Miami 2014 comes from their (tournament) official website. We also know that in February  Rafa will take part in two clay court tournaments: Rio and Buenos Aires once again.

Wonder why there's a delay in announcement of Fed's schedule. Might be some tough negotiations e.g. with Sony Ericsson Open? Or perhaps some trivial reason?

I dont think, its because of any negotiations with Sony Ericsson Open or IMG, more so, related to Davis Cup participation.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#34 Guest_Andri60_*

Guest_Andri60_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Dear friend, please open a new thread:
Roger Federer 2014 racquet ? Tour 90, pro staff 95 or maybe 98 ?
Best regards
Citro1960
(On twitter)

#35 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Well, there`s one thing less to speculate about and that is Roger is committed to play Dubai 2014.

http://www.dubaiduty...ers-Return.aspx

He likes this particular surface, it worked out in terms of schedule in the past for him and obviously his a five time champion. I guess there`s no reason to change the winning formula.

#36 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

So, official schedule is out & here it is --------

scheduleeeeeeeeee.jpg

Amazingly, Miami Masters is in, #Facepalm :)..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#37 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

Here is Roger Federer's 2014 schedule as released on his website .....

ea984b58900c20f781eb3faa5696c5e8_zpsf3c5

As they say, this is a preliminary schedule and subject to change .... particularly now with the impending arrival of a new baby for Mirka and Roger. And we at RogerFedererFans.com wish Roger and Mirka all the very best and thoughts specially with Mirka, sincerely hoping everything runs smoothly.

All I hope is that Roger's schedule will include the 2014 World Tour Finals at the O2 as a most fitting post script to what could well be a most memorable year.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#38 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Great minds Vibhu .... Almost a simul - post!

Had a quick check as dinner cooked
:rolleyes:

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#39 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Update: On 28th December, 2013, Roger Federer's schedule has been officially released & Roger Federer won't be playing Davis Cup in 2014 & all the tournaments listed above are there in his schedule, only exception is Miami Masters, which has been added to the 2014 schedule.

See the whole schedule right here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#40 Roger@Sw19

Roger@Sw19

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Current mood: Lonely

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

Finally the schedule is out...As i expected ,he dropped Rotterdam and added Miami...Hope he will play Davis cup and Montecarlo...Rest everything is perfect and well  planned... :) Hope the season will start with a title in Brisbane.. :) Allez Roger... :)

Brisbane   

30. December 2013 - 05. January 2014

Australian Open

13. - 26. January

Dubai    

24. February - 02. March

Indian Wells

03. - 16. March

Miami

17. - 30. March

Madrid

05. - 11. May