• Create Account

Photo
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Roger Federer play Davis Cup in 2014? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Roger Federer play Davis Cup in 2014?

1. Yes (76 votes [19.79%])

Percentage of vote: 19.79%

2. No (298 votes [77.60%])

Percentage of vote: 77.60%

3. Can't Say (10 votes [2.60%])

Percentage of vote: 2.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 ARIJEET SEN

ARIJEET SEN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi India

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

As all have said , its only Federer's prerogative whether he wants to play Davis cup or not.He is not in his twenties anymore and has to give more respect to how his body behaves.Staying about a month in Australia and then travelling to Belgrade about 15000 kms away in extreme opposite climatic conditions is tough. and he also has to get his scheduling spot on this season. 

But in spite of all these reasons i feel if the body permits then Federer should make every bit of effort to play Davis cup. I don't blame any Swiss people who wants to see federer playing Davis cup. Surely this is their best chance of winning Davis cup. Stan wawrinka is in the form of his life and together with FEDEX they form a formidable partnership.. And probably they will have this partnership going for 2 to 3 years. If the Swiss lose in the first round then they will be relegated next year and the chance of winning Davis cup for them will be slim as the years go by. I personally would like him to play Davis cup . Also last year federer got a lot of negative press after his uncertainty on playing Basel. Naysayers will also say that its the same for Novak also. He is also travelling to Belgrade from Australia. Federer if by chance does not play Davis cup it will be a loss for the tournament itself and lots of fan from both Switzerland and Serbia. And no one is to be held more responsible for this than the Davis cup organizers. Strong lessons needs to be learnt by the organizers from this about the scheduling if they want the elite players to continue participation in the event.

#22 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

In short, he should not, as said one of Fans named  Kiyoshi Fujioka

" At his age, he should not play too many matches. You can earn very few ATP points from Davis Cup despite 5 set matches. His priorities should be,
 1) winning a grand slam (or two)
 2) regaining the number one position.
 Playing Davis Cup will not help him achieve these objectives."

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#23 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

I just think this could be the last chance for Roger to win Davis Cup as a player. Wawrinka is at the peak of his career and that's exactly what Federer needed to succeed in DC. If Wawrinka loses his form, it won't be possible for Roger to do well because the next guys are quite some distance behind in rankings and also in ability, I assume.

#24 Guest_Sofia__RF_*

Guest_Sofia__RF_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Davis Cup: nope, I don't want Roger to participate

#25 ARIJEET SEN

ARIJEET SEN

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi India

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Federer still testing larger raquet heads and still undecided about playing davis cup. This is what he revealed in an interveiw with the Credit Suisse . The link is given below.
https://www.credit-s...e-for-2014.html

#26 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Mmmm very interesting interview, thanks for posting that link Arijeet

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#27 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Great to hear Roger sounding so positive, and to know that he's still going to try out the bigger racquet.   Thanks for posting Arijeet.

#28 Guest_Swiss fan_*

Guest_Swiss fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

"Since, his debut in 1999, Roger Federer has played in 74% of the ties that Team Switzerland has played in these last 15 years.

All these above stats prove that Federer has given his full commitment to Davis Cup & all those critics who question him on those issues, should please do a fact check & then comment."

Really ? ah Statistics... you can turn the statistics quite easily to prove your point that Roger did everything he could and that he has given full commitment to the Davis Cup.... Unfortunately, only blind not-swiss fans can argue that. If you had checked more closely the games RF played with the Davis Cup Swiss team, the least you could have mentioned is that he only played one (yes only one) 1st round since 2004 (in 2012). Well no doubt, he was committed to ensure that Switzerland do not leave the World Group (as he participated to almost all the playoff) but on the contrary RF was NOT committed to play the Davis Cup with the objective of winning the trophy. No doubt about that. So Roger should play 1st round as he is 32 and he will not have several opportunities to try to win this trophy.

Just go and have look to the stat: http://www.daviscup....erid=10019424# 

#29 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

Update: On 28th December, 2013, schedule has been released & Roger Federer won't be playing Davis Cup in 2014.

See the whole schedule right here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#30 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Snobbish

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

Update: Roger Federer decided to play in the 1st round Davis Cup tie vs Serbia, read more about it here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#31 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

Yes, I've just bumped into the news and also found none of Djokovic, Tipsarevic and Troicki will play. Swatzerland will win this one. I hope they win DC this year with Roger, finally. Now that Roger has a competent teammate, they should fancy their chances.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roger Federer, davis cup, davis cup 2014, team sui, switzerland 2014, switzerland davis cup, team sui dc 2014, roger federer davis cup records, davis cup records, davis cup commitment award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+