• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Roger Federer confirms that he will use Wilson Prototype 98 racket at Australian Open 2014 in an interview to Andreas W Schmid

roger federer andreas w schmid bazonline australian open 2014 aus open 2014 wilson prototype wilson 98 federer family stefan edberg fedberg

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

In an exclusive interview to Andreas W Schmid as posted on BazOnline, Roger Federer talked about his week's training with Stefan Edberg, Boris Becker-Novak Djokovic coaching partnership, the possible changes in his life post the birth of his 3rd kid, his chances to play at Davis Cup in 2014 & the new racket that he will be using at Brisbane & Australian Open, 2014.

585e.jpg

Roger Federer confirmed that he will be using the same prototype 98 racket that he tried at Hamburg & Gstaad

The interview is in German & can be read here. For our translation of the interview, scroll down.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Though, it isn't a word by word translation, but best effort has been made to translate & make it as meaningful as possible.

It was a telephonic interview and as Andreas W Schmid mentioned in his article, Roger had a bit of cold & cleared his throat many times during the 30 minutes interview but said, he is okay, nothing to worry about.

Roger Federer, in the last few weeks you surprised your fans with some great news. So with the announcement on Christmas Eve, that you are going to become father for the third time in 2014. When will that happen in 2014? (For every one, who's not aware, Roger Federer announced on Christmas eve, that they are expecting a baby in 2014, read more about it here).

RF: As this is something very personal, so, I won't like to talk about the details in public. Most important now is that every thing goes well and just as last time, Mirka will again experience a good pregnancy.

Back in 2009, she was present at Wimbledon final in that dramatic 5 setter final against Andy Roddick and that too in the eighth month managed to handle it quite easily. It's fine so far. Let us hope that it stays that way.

If it is ... but so far

RF : We are flexible enough to respond. That's the good thing about the tournament calendar of ATP that you can react quickly to something. If a report is important, then I can may be, play just less and a few weeks later more (Hinting: that he might re-schedule his 2014 Tennis calendar/schedule according to the reports & circumstances).

This year (2013), I also added spontaneously tournaments from Hamburg and Gstaad in my program. Such short-term changes are also possible at any time in the new 2014 season.

What do you think: How will this change for you be as a future father of three instead of two children?

RF: I do not necessarily think so. Answering this question is anyway until six months or perhaps a year after birth. I still remember how we thought before the birth of our twins: this is excessive. And then it went very well. And now it is getting easier, as they get older. Therefore, I have much less fear of what may come to us in the future, than it was then.

Surprising were the news that you worked together during the preparation with Stefan Edberg. How did that happen?

RF : At some point, I had the thought: Would not it be an incredible thing if my former idol spends a week with me? Thereafter, if nothing else looks out there, so what! We have spent at least a few interesting days together, talking about my tennis and maybe get one or the other inputs from him.

Edberg handled my questions very well, inspite of the fact that he has little experience as a coach and that was something new for him. But he makes up for the coaching experience, with the many experiences that he has had throughout in his career. I was really pleased, when he agreed to join us for a week in Dubai.

Will Stefan Edberg will be a permanent part of your coaching staff/team?

No, that's not the case. We will need to discuss this more closely together. But there is a way that we would be happy of course, if he can find a a few weeks in the new season perodically for us. Otherwise, the coaching staff everything remains the same. Severin Luthi is still my coach, there is no reason to change anything. Pierre Paganini's my fitness trainer, Stephane Vivier my physiotherapist.

Will your game become more offensive after the involvement of Stefan Edberg?

RF: No, no. The people have there wrong misconceptions. If you train with Thomas Muster, that does not mean that you in the future will strike all balls three meters behind the baseline. Similarly, you can't constantly storm to the net and try to volley, if you have worked with Edberg. Each player has his own ideas and his own style, with which he must work. I listen gladly and was always glad over the inputs of my former coaches. I had to implement those ideas myself. In addition, I have my ways not only going in the game forward, but also backwards. So, I think, I'm an interesting player to coach :).

What impresses you most about Edberg?

RF:  The way he plays his volleys, I'll never be able to. He spent his whole life tennis in front of the net and earned his success. I have met Edberg quite a few number of time in the past few years and was never disappointed after meeting him. He always behaves incredibly well and has a positive attitude and joy of life. This is important to me.

Scroll down for more excerpts from the interview.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

You could have also worked with Boris Becker?

Roger Federer: Yes, but I was a tad late (laughs). He was already gone (Boris Becker will be the head coach of Novak Djokovic in 2014).

Your first reaction when you heard that Boris Becker will be the head coach of Novak Djokovic?

RF:  When ever I & Boris meet, we have always a chat together. Nevertheless, I too was probably as surprised as everyone else. I did not expect that he would return to the tennis front first and foremost. And that, he once again would like to travel so much and be present daily on the training ground. Although I know, he has been a commentator in many matches for Sky and at Wimbledon for the BBC.

Boris Becker now lives in England. Also because he feels misunderstood in Germany. Most of the comments (by Tennis pundits) actually varied between vicious and bitter about new job as coach of Djokovic?

RF: I'm sorry about that. He did great things on the court & no one can deny that. Becker had a great career. What ever happened post that, is his personal matter.

Andy Murray is working with Ivan Lendl together, Stanislas Wawrinka with Magnus Norman, Djokovic with Becker, you get advice from Edberg. Is this the new trend in tennis that you unite with the stars of the eighties and nineties?

RF:  I can speak only for myself: with Stefan Edberg I can talk on equal footing. He was himself very successful and knows what it means to play at the top.  And I found it really exciting to talk with someone from the generation of players that you have just mentioned. Previously I apart from Peter Lundgren, never worked with a player of that great gene­ra­tion. Paul ­Annacone, Tony Roche, José ­Higueras are all a bit older.

Scroll down for more excerpts from the interview including his new racket.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

In the summer you abandoned your first attempt with a larger racquet after an early exit in Gstaad. Now you have again tested the new racket in preparation for 2014. Thus, you will be using that on the tour in 2014?

Roger Federer : Yeah, I'm going to play in Australia with a similar model as in my first attempt. Actually, I wanted to take the test (of playing with the bigger racket) right after the U.S. Open again. But then I had so much to do with myself and my game, that I kept it on hold.

Well, now, I had more time to make more small changes and together with my supplier company Wilson worked on the fine details of the racket.

39d41a91a940d65ea2cb46aa3b9d7ef9_zpsb957

Roger Federer will play with the bigger 98 sq inch Wilson prototype racket at Australia

You could also say, 'Why should I change something in my racquet, with which I have had so much great success?

It is a fact that the sport of tennis is constantly evolving and the racket technology with that. Nevertheless, one must always twice consider whether to change something about his racket.

Because the Club is extremely important. But now I have the feeling that this is the right time for a change in the racket. I've played through two and a half weeks with the new model and am confident. The Racquet is very good in the hand. But the truth will come out on the court. We'll see how it affects me in the tournaments in Australia.

Read our more full story about Roger Federer's new bigger Wilson Protype 98 racket right here.

Scroll down for more excerpts from the interview.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Prior to 2013, you spoke of a transition year. What do you think about 2014?

RF: Nothing, because now I have to wait and see the start of 2014. My gut feeling tells me that I will be in top form again by March or April. Then the training drills which I have done in the past year, I could do all that in the last few weeks everything exactly how I wanted it. That makes me feel confident.

It was different last season, because the back pain repeatedly forced me to skip training breaks or imposed restraint on me. Now I was able to try some of which (referring to the training drills) we had to do with a lot of precaution in spring and summer of 2013.

No specific goal for 2014?

RF: I will just say (as I am feeling a lot fitter & confident), every thing is possible. At the end of the 2013 season, it was already much better. That I'm ending the year despite the problems as no. 6 in the world, is almost unbelievable and gives me guts for 2014.

Last season, you could have reduced public discussions about your average season, had you told about your bad back being the primary reason for your performances in 2013. But as (the main reason of your bad back wasn't told earlier) it was said in many places: Federer lost, because he is too old (& moving slowly)?

RF: Every time I do not want to come up with an excuse for a defeat. This has to do with respect for the opponent. Maybe he also had his problems. I would rather try to fight myself out of my hole. Only when the physical difficulties persist for some time, it makes sense to talk about them. That's why, I discussed about my back issues after Gstaad.

Had it not been better, had you skipped Gstaad?

I must pay attention even more on my body in the future. Even though I have no joy to cancel tournaments, it's certainly better to be honest with yourself. I have never retired during a match, which I am very proud of. At the same time that must not lead to the fact that I expect a bit too much from my body, if it has to go through a lot of problems.

Scroll down for more excerpts from the interview on whether Roger Federer is likely to play Davis Cup in 2014?

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Let's talk more about the Davis Cup. Will you be the part of the Swiss Team that will play against Team Serbia in Belgrade in January, 2014?

RF: It will be difficult, especially with the news of the last days. That's why I'm always in contact with Severin Luthi and Stanislas Wawrinka. I am happy that the team spirit and communication is so good between us. This makes things much easier.

Marc Rosset said the chances of Switzerland victory in the Davis Cup 2014, to be as good as ever has been?

RF: How to take it? The odds were already there before. At the same time the Davis Cup is a difficult topic for me. It does take a a lot of strength and effort to play in the Davis Cup. One must then consider whether you want it or not. It is unlikely that I will play at Davis Cup, 2014.

What do you think, will Roger Federer play in Davis Cup in 2014? For a detailed discussion on this topic & to vote in our poll, click here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 crazyfedfan

crazyfedfan

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm not sure we can say with 100% certainty he will play with a Wilson prototype 98. He said he's been playing with a 'similar' model. and that he has worked with Wilson on the finer details of it. So I still think we should wait till it is fully confirmed. What we do know for sure that he will try a new bigger racquet.

On the other hand, the DC news made me very happy indeed, even though I was expecting it, especially considering the new baby news. Only 3 days to go!

#8 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thank you, Vubhu. That was a very interesting interview. Happy new year! :)

#9 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm not sure we can say with 100% certainty he will play with a Wilson prototype 98. He said he's been playing with a 'similar' model. and that he has worked with Wilson on the finer details of it. So I still think we should wait till it is fully confirmed. What we do know for sure that he will try a new bigger racquet.

On the other hand, the DC news made me very happy indeed, even though I was expecting it, especially considering the new baby news. Only 3 days to go!

Well, yes, there are chances that it might not be called a prototype now, but, one thing, that I am quite confident is that, the racket head size will be 98 (just like the original prototype).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Very interesting. Thank you for posting it Vibhu.  I too am pleased that the DC is virtually ruled out, but I'm perplexed by the statement "I have my ways not of going forward, but also backwards" that he thinks makes him an interesting player to coach.  What does this mean?  Is he talking about the way he moves on the court, or about progress and regression?  

Only a few more days to go now  :)

#11 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thank you, Vubhu. That was a very interesting interview. Happy new year! :)

Thanks Mate, season's greetings to u, have a great 2014.

Very interesting. Thank you for posting it Vibhu.  I too am pleased that the DC is virtually ruled out, but I'm perplexed by the statement "I have my ways not of going forward, but also backwards" that he thinks makes him an interesting player to coach.  What does this mean?  Is he talking about the way he moves on the court, or about progress and regression?  

Only a few more days to go now  :)

Well, Roger simply meant that he had a strategy even when he had no coach & now, also, he has a strategy or outlook for future. Nothing more, to be really frank :).

Or may be, I mis-translated that, for all our friends who know German, please help us to translate these two lines please -----

"Im Übrigen habe ich ja meine Möglichkeiten nicht nur im Spiel nach vorne, sondern ebenso nach hinten. So gesehen glaube ich, bin ich ein interessanter Spieler zum Coachen."

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Guest_donnie_*

Guest_donnie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Basically he's saying that his game is flexible. He can move forward to the net but also has no problem playing base line. That's why he said that he is an interesting player to coach to.

#13 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thank you Guest_donnie - and also to Vibhu.   Sorry for overanalysing things as usual.  

#14 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Thank you for translating that interview Vibhu, it certainly adds to the building excitement for the 2014 season and a relief that he has virtually ruled himself out of taking part in the Davis Cup this year.

I hope Roger's cold clears up before he has to start playing in Australia.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#15 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

For all our French readers, here is a French Translation by one of our readers Lodema----

Entretien exclusif de Andreas W Schmid posté sur BazOnline 27/12/2013

C'était un entretien téléphonique et comme Andreas W Schmid a mentionné dans son article , Roger a eu un peu de froid et se racla la gorge à plusieurs reprises lors de l'entrevue de 30 minutes mais il dit qu'il est correct, rien à craindre .

Roger Federer , au cours des dernières semaines, vous avez surpris vos fans avec quelques bonnes nouvelles . Donc, avec l'annonce la veille de Noël , que vous alliez devenir père pour la troisième fois en 2014 . Quand est-ce que cela arrivera en 2014 ? ( Pour tout le monde, qui n'est pas au courant , Roger Federer a annoncé la veille de Noël , qu'ils attendent un bébé en 2014 ) .

RF : Comme c'est quelque chose de très personnel, donc , je ne vais pas vous parler des détails en public . Le plus important est maintenant que tout va bien et juste que comme la dernière fois , Mirka auà la ra à nouveau l'expérience d'une bonne grossesse .

Retour en 2009 , elle était présente à Wimbledon pour la finale  dans ce dramatique 5 sets contre Andy Roddick et que même en étant  dans le huitième mois  elle a réussi à gérer assez facilement . C'est bien jusqu'ici. Espérons que cela demeure ainsi .

C'est ainsi  ... mais plus tard ,

RF : Nous sommes suffisamment flexibles pour répondre . C'est une  bonne chose à propos du calendrier des tournois de l'ATP que vous pouvez réagir rapidement à quelque chose . Si un fait  est important , alors je peux peut- être , jouer un peu moins et quelques semaines plus tard , plus ( Faisant allusion : qu'il pourrait re-programmer son calendrier 2014 Tennis / horaire selon les faits et les circonstances ) .

Cette année (2013 ) , j'ai aussi ajouté spontanément les tournois de Hambourg et Gstaad dans mon programme . Ces changements à court terme sont également possibles à tout moment dans la nouvelle saison 2014.

Que pensez-vous : Comment de ce changement pour vous d’être  un futur père de trois au lieu de deux enfants ?

RF : Je ne pense pas nécessairement . Il faudra répondre à cette question  de toute façon pas avant  six mois ou peut-être un an après la naissance . Je me souviens encore comment nous avons pensé avant la naissance de nos jumeaux : c'est excessif . Et puis tout  est allé très bien . Et maintenant, cela  devient plus facile , à mesure qu'elles  grandissent . Par conséquent , j'ai beaucoup moins peur de ce qui va nous arriver, en comparaison  à ce que c’était à l’époque . 

Les nouvelles ont été surprenantes d’apprendre  que vous avez travaillé ensemble avec Stefan Edberg lors de la préparation. Comment est-ce arrivé ?

RF : À un certain moment , j'ai eu la pensée : « Ce  serait une chose incroyable si mon ancienne idole passait une semaine avec moi? Par la suite , si rien d'autre ne se passe , alors ce sera ainsi ! Nous avons passé au moins quelques jours intéressants ensemble, parlé de mon tennis et peut-être obtenu  une ou des autres idées de lui .

Edberg a très bien traité mes questions, en dépit du fait qu'il a peu d'expérience en tant qu'entraîneur et que c'était quelque chose de nouveau pour lui. Mais il a fait l'expérience de coaching , avec les nombreuses expériences qu'il a eu tout au long de sa carrière . J'étais vraiment content , quand il a accepté de se joindre à nous pour une semaine à Dubaï .

Est-ce que Stefan Edberg sera un élément permanent de votre coaching personnel / équipe ?

Non, ce n'est pas le cas . Nous devrons en discuter plus étroitement ensemble . Mais d’une certaine façon nous serions heureux bien sûr, s'il pouvait trouver périodiquement quelques semaines dans la nouvelle saison pour nous. Sinon, tout du personnel d'encadrement reste le même . Severin Luthi est toujours mon entraîneur, il n'y a pas de raison de changer quoi que ce soit . Mon entraîneur de fitness de Pierre Paganini , Stéphane Vivier mon physiothérapeute .

Votre jeu deviendra –t-il plus offensif après la participation de Stefan Edberg ?

RF : Non, non . Les gens ont de mauvaises idées fausses . Si vous vous entraînez avec Thomas Muster , cela ne signifie pas que vous allez à l'avenir frapper toutes les balles trois mètres derrière la ligne de base . De même , vous ne pouvez pas en permanence monter au filet  et essayer de volleyer  , si vous avez travaillé avec Edberg . Chaque joueur a ses propres idées et son propre style , avec lequel il doit travailler . J'écoute avec plaisir et j'ai toujours été heureux sur les idées  de mes anciens entraîneurs . J'ai dû mettre en œuvre ces idées moi-même. En plus , j'ai mes moyens je ne vais  pas seulement dans le jeu vers l'avant , mais aussi vers l'arrière . Donc, je pense , je suis un joueur intéressant à coacher :) .

Qu'est-ce qui vous impressionne le plus dans Edberg ?

RF : La façon dont il joue ses volées , je ne serai jamais capable. Il a passé toute sa vie dans le tennis  devant le filet et a obtenu son succès . J'ai rencontré Edberg  assez peu de temps au cours des dernières années et n'ai jamais été déçu après l'avoir rencontré . Il se comporte toujours très bien et a une attitude positive et la joie de vivre . C'est important pour moi .

Vous auriez pu également travaillé avec Boris Becker ?

Roger Federer : Oui , mais j'étais un peu en retard (rires ) . Il était déjà parti ( Boris Becker sera l'entraîneur-chef de Novak Djokovic en 2014 ) .

Votre première réaction lorsque vous avez appris que Boris Becker sera l'entraîneur-chef de Novak Djokovic ?

RF : Chaque fois que  Boris  et moi nous nous sommes rencontrés , nous avons toujours eu une discussion ensemble. Néanmoins , moi aussi, j'étais probablement aussi surpris que tout le monde . Je ne m'attendais pas qu'il soit de retour à l'avant de tennis et pour un moment . Et qu’ une fois de plus il aimerait voyager autant et être présent tous les jours sur le terrain d'entraînement . Bien que je sache, qu’il a été un commentateur de matches pour Sky et à Wimbledon pour la BBC .

Boris Becker vit maintenant en Angleterre . Aussi parce qu'il se sent mal compris en Allemagne . La plupart des commentaires ( par les experts de tennis ) varient  entre vicieux et amer sur le nouveau poste d'entraîneur de Djokovic ?

RF : Je suis désolé. Il a fait de grandes choses sur le terrain et personne ne peut le nier. Becker a eu une grande carrière. Ce qui est  arrivé après  , c'est son affaire personnelle .

Andy Murray travaille avec Ivan Lendl, Stanislas Wawrinka avec Magnus Norman , Djokovic avec Becker , vous obtenez des conseils de Edberg . Est-ce la nouvelle tendance dans le tennis que vous vous unissiez avec les stars des années quatre-vingt et nonante ?

RF : Je ne peux parler que pour moi-même : avec Stefan Edberg je peux parler sur un pied d'égalité . Il a lui-même aussi très bien réussi et sait ce que cela signifie de jouer au sommet. Et j’ ai trouvé vraiment excitant de parler à quelqu'un de la génération de joueurs que vous venez de mentionner . Auparavant, j'ai mis à part Peter Lundgren , jamais travaillé avec un joueur de cette génération . Paul Annacone , Tony Roche , José Higueras sont tous un peu plus âgés .

En été, vous avez abandonné votre première tentative avec une raquette plus grande après une sortie précoce à Gstaad . Maintenant, vous avez de nouveau testé la nouvelle raquette en préparation pour 2014 .

Ainsi , vous allez l’utiliser sur la tournée en 2014 ?

Roger Federer : Oui, je vais jouer en Australie avec un modèle similaire à celui de ma première tentative . En fait, je voulais faire le test ( de jouer avec la plus grande raquette ) juste après l'US Open à nouveau . Mais ensuite, j'ai eu tellement de choses à faire avec moi-même et mon jeu , que je l'ai gardé en attente.

Eh bien, maintenant , j'ai eu plus de temps pour faire plus de petits changements et  avec ma compagnie de fournisseur Wilson travaillé sur les détails les plus fins de la raquette .

On pourrait aussi dire : «Pourquoi devrais-je changer quelque chose dans la raquette , avec qui j'ai eu tant de succès ?

Il est un fait que le tennis est en constante évolution et la technologie des raquettes aussi . Néanmoins , il faut toujours tenir réfléchir deux fois s'il faut changer quelque chose sur sa raquette .

Parce que le Club est extrêmement important . Mais maintenant, j'ai le sentiment que c'est le bon moment pour un changement de raquette . J'ai joué deux semaines et demi avec le nouveau modèle et je suis confiant. La raquette est très bien dans la main . Mais la vérité viendra sur le terrain . Nous allons voir comment cela me touche dans les tournois en Australie .

Avant 2013, vous avez parlé d'une année de transition . Que pensez-vous de 2014?

RF : Rien , parce que maintenant je dois attendre et voir le début de 2014. Mon instinct me dit que je vais être en pleine forme à nouveau vers  Mars ou Avril. Ensuite, les exercices d'entraînement que j'ai fait l'année dernière , je peux maintenant ,.les faire comme je le veux , cela me donne confiance .

C’était différent la saison dernière , parce que le mal de dos m'a forcé à plusieurs reprises à sauter les périodes de formation ou imposé une  retenue. Maintenant , j'ai pu essayer quelques-uns de ceux que (se rapportant aux exercices d'entraînement ) nous avons dû faire avec beaucoup de précaution au printemps et à l'été 2013.

Aucun objectif précis pour 2014 ?

RF : Je vais dire (comme je me sens beaucoup entrainé et confiant ) , tout est possible . A la fin de la saison 2013 , c’était déjà beaucoup mieux. Que je sois à la fin de l' année, malgré les problèmes de santé arrivé N°6 mondial , est presque incroyable et me donne courage pour 2014.

La saison dernière , vous auriez pu réduire le débat public au sujet de votre saison moyenne , si vous aviez parlé de votre mal de dos qui était la principale raison de ses performances en 2013 . Mais comme ( la principale raison de votre mal de dos n'a pas été dite plus tôt ), il a été dit dans de nombreux endroits : Federer a perdu , parce qu'il est trop vieux ( et se déplaçant lentement ) ?

RF : A chaque fois je ne veux pas venir avec une excuse pour une défaite . Cela a à voir avec le respect de l'adversaire . Peut-être qu'il a eu ses problèmes . Je préfère essayer de me sortir de mes problèmes . Ce n'est que lorsque les difficultés physiques persistent pendant un certain temps , qu’il est logique d'en parler . La façon dont je l'ai fait l'année dernière à Gstaad aussi ...

Cela n’aurait pas été mieux , si vous aviez sauté Gstaad ?

RF : Je dois porter encore plus une attention sur mon corps à l'avenir . Même si je n'ai pas la joie d'annuler les tournois , c'est certainement mieux pour être honnête avec vous-même . Je n'ai jamais abandonné lors d'un match , et j’en suis très fier. Dans le même temps je dois me résoudre à ne pas exiger un peu trop de mon corps , si cela doit passer par beaucoup de problèmes .

Parlons plus sur la Coupe Davis . ferez-vous partie de l'équipe suisse qui jouera contre l'équipe de Serbie à Belgrade en Janvier 2014 ?

RF : Ce sera difficile , surtout avec les nouvelles des derniers jours . C'est pourquoi je suis toujours en contact avec Severin Luthi et Stanislas Wawrinka . Je suis heureux que l'esprit d'équipe et la communication soient si bonnes entre nous. Cela rend les choses beaucoup plus faciles .

Marc Rosset a déclaré que les chances de la Suisse de victoire en Coupe Davis en 2014, n’ont jamais été aussi bonnes ?

RF : Comment le prendre ? Les chances étaient déjà là avant . Dans le même temps, la Coupe Davis est un sujet difficile pour moi . Cela me prend beaucoup de force et d'efforts pour jouer la Coupe Davis . Il faut donc l’envisager que vous le vouliez ou non . Il est peu probable que je joue à la Coupe Davis 2014 .

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Thanks Vibhu, for posting it.... Now will start the Action, Stress, Nerves, Anger...... I miss all these feelings  :) 

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#17 Evian

Evian

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

test

#18 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hehehe, is working.... Warm welcome from me  :) 

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

test

Received & now, u r an approved member, your posts will get automatically approved from now on :). Welcome & happy new year.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Evian

Evian

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

I guess I better get to nine posts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, andreas w schmid, bazonline, australian open 2014, aus open 2014, wilson prototype, wilson 98, federer family, stefan edberg, fedberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+