• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Breaking News: Stefan Edberg to be a part of coaching team of Roger Federer from Australian Open, 2014

roger federer stefan edberg fedberg aus open 2014 severin luthi

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Roger Federer today officially announced that Stefan Edberg will be part of his coaching team starting from Australian Open, 2014.He further added that, Stefan Edberg will be a part of his coaching team for at least 10 weeks while Severin Luthi will be with him for the majority of the season.

fedberg.jpg

Stefan Edberg (in picture) will be a part of Roger Federer's coaching team starting from Australian Open, 2014

In his official announcement, Federer stated, "I am happy to announce that beginning in Melbourne, Stefan Edberg will join Severin Lüthi on my coaching team. Severin, who has been part of my team for the last 7 years, will do most of the weeks and Stefan has agreed to work with us for at least 10 weeks starting at the Australian Open in Melbourne. Stefan was my childhood hero, and I am really looking forward to spending time and learning from him."

"I'm really excited to be part of Roger's team and I hope together we can bring out his best tennis," Stefan Edberg commented.

Severin Lüthi added: "Roger will play a full schedule next year so we both wanted to make sure we had a solid team in place. I want to continue to improve and innovate Roger's game and I really look forward to be working with Stefan. Like Roger, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Stefan and I am sure he will bring a lot to our team as Roger continues to chase titles in 2014."

Stefan Edberg had a week's training with Roger Federer from 9th to 16th December, 2013 in Dubai & Edberg in interview to Swedish media had stated that, he would love to be Federer's coach, if given the chance.

Roger Federer in an interview yesterday to Andreas W Schmid, praised Stefan Edberg & had described working with Edberg as truly incredible.

It remains to be seen, if Edberg will be with Federer for only 10 weeks or more in 2014. More to follow on this.

Mean while, Federer talked about being dad for the 3rd time, his 2014 chances, whether he will play at Davis Cup in 2014, read that detailed interview right here.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

This is excellent news :)

1545202_655869061126108_1184592267_n.jpg

2014 promises to be a very interesting and exciting year for the Federer team and fans alike, both on and off the court!

Will we see a different approach to the game with fewer long baseline rallies?
Will Roger be using a different racquet?
Will Roger Federer lift another major trophy?
Will Charline Riva and Myla Rose have a baby brother or sister? ... or even twins again!! :) :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,656 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

This is excellent news :)

2014 promises to be a very interesting and exciting year for the Federer team and fans alike, both on and off the court!

Will we see a different approach to the game with fewer long baseline rallies?
Will Roger be using a different racquet?
Will Roger Federer lift another major trophy?
Will Charline Riva and Myla Rose have a baby brother or sister? ... or even twins again!! :) :)

Most of your answers have been answered by RF himself in a detailed interview right here.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#4 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yes that is a very interesting interview .... an excellent aperitif to the 2014 World Tour ;)

Could this be the "new" racquet ...

1510399_654935367886144_1112771326_n.jpg

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#5 Guest_Hemant Thakur_*

Guest_Hemant Thakur_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

The Best of Luck to you Dear Federer for the year 2014 & this year may add many more wins to your landmark achievements!

#6 Guest_Irene Tiedt_*

Guest_Irene Tiedt_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Fantastic news! I was a staunch fan of Stefan during his tennis career. So I am really looking forward to tennis in 2014. Wishing Roger a successful, fulfilling year!

#7 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,810 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Great news!!! sometimes renewal and change makes a good results.... i'm sure that 2014 will be an exciting year..

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#8 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

Even though I'm not sure whether it will do any good to Roger, I feel good about this. Hopefully, this will bring Roger 1-2 majors this year!

#9 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yes that is a very interesting interview .... an excellent aperitif to the 2014 World Tour ;)

Could this be the "new" racquet ...

1510399_654935367886144_1112771326_n.jpg

That's actually BLX Tour 90 from 2010-2011! :)

#10 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

That's actually BLX Tour 90 from 2010-2011! :)

Goodness! Your powers of racquet recognition are impressive!!

.... or have I been tricked by an old photograph ;)

#11 Guest_MMG_*

Guest_MMG_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Rogers schedule just got released!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+