• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Match report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Jeremy Chardy, Brisbane International, 2014

Jeremy Chardy Roger Federer Brisbane 2014 ATP250 Brisbane International

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Roger Federer won his 926th career singles match (in his 1141st match) & reached his 114th career final & will face Lleyton Hewitt in Brisbane final after defeating Jeremy Chardy 6-3 6-7(3) 6-3 in a nerve jangling semi-final match in 1 hours & 56 minutes on Saturday.

1525384_659685757411105_1004705790_n.jpg

1st Set

Federer carried on the momentum from last match & after a love hold, immediately broke the French Man's serve in the next game to get to a 2-0 lead. The next 6 games went on serve as Federer served out the set 6-3 in the 9th game in just 27 minutes.

Here are the first set stats -------

4l45.png

1st set was total dominance of Federer & it looked like, as if the match will almost be as easy like the match for him.

2nd Set

How ever, Chardy was able to raise his game in the 2nd set & some ferocious forehands & his serving also improved considerably in the 2nd set as Federer looked under pressure & made some unforced errors. How ever, there were no break points in the 2nd set & the set went to the tie-breaker.

The French Man got the first mini break in the tie breaker & lead by 4-2 after the first changeover.

Jeremy Chardy won the tie breaker 7-3 after some awesome hitting especially on his forehand side.

Here are the 2nd set stats -------

ad8m.png

Inspite of serving 9 aces, Federer lost the tie-breaker as Chardy also served brilliantly & had more winners than Federer in the 3rd set.

3rd Set

Chardy continued his momentum & made some ferocious forehands. Inspite of that, Federer some how kept his composure & managed to hold his first four service games. Chardy had a break point in the 7th game but couldn't convert.

How ever, Chardy lost his concentration in the 8th game & had a really poor service game serving 3-4 down. Chardy served 2 double faults in that game as Federer got the vital break to make it 5-3.

In the 9th game, Federer served out the set 6-3.

Here are the third set stats ---------

2e0r.png

The end scoreline read 6-3 6-7(3) 6-3 & here are the overall match stats---

msjz.png

Roger Federer will face Lleyton Hewitt in the finals. Their last meeting was in a Davis Cup World Group play off in Sydney & Federer won that. These two have met 26 times & Federer leads the head to head 18-8. Last time, Federer & Hewitt had met in a final at Halle in 2010 & Hewitt had won that final in 3 sets.

Scroll down for more pics, video highlights, interview quotes & other insights from the match.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Here's Video highlights

Scroll down for full match recording.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Roger Federer' court  interview after the match

Follow us also on...

#4 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Here's pics from the match 

1545859_659672047412476_999378217_n.jpg

1511308_659678007411880_1536772516_n.jpg

1532155_659678004078547_678183151_n.jpg

1551747_659667017412979_835931238_n.jpg

7905_659667030746311_968249815_n.jpg

Roger+Federer+2014+Brisbane+Internationa

Follow us also on...

#5 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Follow us also on...

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Full match recording ----------

Part-1

Part-2

Part-3

Thanks Milk8812 for uploading these videos :).

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Niraperky

Niraperky

Roger Federer Fans 100 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yet again another tremendous report on match between Federer and Chardy. The videos and most of all the photographs are delightful. Beautiful poses of the Maestro together with the lighting. Thanks to all. Keep going Maestro...

#8 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

I love that 9th picture down - the black and white one.  Looks as though he's playing at midnight doesn't it! 

Well, Roger gave us a bit of a scare so early in the morning (for me anyway) didn't he?  Not the best win ever, but a win is a win, and that'll do for me.  When he had to he found a way to do it, and that's what champions do.  Not unhappy now about the doubles result as I think it might have been too much, especially if the doubles final comes first!  Better for Roger to stay fit and healthy for Melbourne, and making the semis is not bad at all.  I'm looking forward to seeing that match when it appears though - just to see how he played.

So Hewitt tomorrow and another early start I would imagine.  At least Roger knows exactly what to expect from Leyton.  I don't think I've ever seen him play and not give it everything he has.  Roger must do the same :-) 

#9 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

“I don't play many guys who are older than me or my age,” said Federer, after he beat Jeremy Chardy in the semi-finals. “Even though there are quite a few guys around who are hanging on. I think we're both really looking forward to it.

“My rivalry with him was pretty intense – never nasty or anything, but just good matches. We're total opposite from one another the way we play.  I play with the one‑handed backhand; he plays his double‑handed. His attitude on court is totally different to mine. I think that's why it's always an interesting match-up for both of us.”

“It's been a good week so far, and I hope can play a good final tomorrow. I look forward to that final with Lleyton… We know each other very well, so both of us will find our groove and know what to expect from one another.

“The moment I don't play great, he will be there to take it, especially on a quick court like here.

Follow us also on...

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

In the Doubles Semi-Final Federer/Mahut lost to Cabal/Farah 6-7, 3-6 ... it was a great entertainment to watch them  :) 

1510445_659710140742000_278860139_n.jpg

And Mahut got an autographed Federer T- shirt for his son....

1512445_451004558361414_1400973808_n.jpg

Follow us also on...

#11 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Bless.  I think the Federer/Mahut partnership has been great. Nothing but good humour and good feeling on the court.  I'm sorry for Mahut in a way that they didn't win.  I think he was enjoying it so much and it would have been great for him to get the title. But it wasn't to be. I'm looking forward to watching this match to see how Roger played, and whether his relatively poor performance (apart from the amazing serve) was down to himself or his opponent - or indeed the temperature which was apparently above 40. 

#12 Guest_Susie_*

Guest_Susie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Think just as well they lost! Better than Mahut cld hv hoped! What a coup for him! They teamed up well! Wld like to see more of top 10 playing dubs in the 500 and 250 tourneys! Gd for the game and the crowds!

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Good win overall very few break points against the fed. You could see that agitation from last season creeping in in the 3rd set and a bit of rushed plat. Let's hope he can build on finding a way through as the games go on and he continues to win! Looking forward to the match tomorrow, let's hope it is quality tennis.

#14 Guest_Annemarie scott_*

Guest_Annemarie scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

This was a warm up match for Roger, today game against llyeton Hewitt, you will see the Roger show his true champion tennis skills to win. Roger will always be my number 1 in my heart.

#15 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Here's the full match video posted by Brisbane International Tennis

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#16 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

And here's the video of the post match Press Conference

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+