17 replies to this topic

#1 mohit

mohit

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 66 posts

Current mood: Amused

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Firstly, let me tell all of you that I am a big Roger Federer fan..

Today marks a day which will be remembered as the biggest blooper in the life of Roger Federer and myself.

While playing against Novak Djokovic @ the semi final of the Sony ericsson open @ Miami in 2009, Roger unfortunately lost his cool in the 3rd set & this happened.

Here are a few pics that I saved from that day & racket breaking incident by Roger Federer @ Miami Masters 2009 semi-final vs Novak Djokovic on 4th April, 2009----

1.jpeg

2.JPG

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

Here is a very old day GIF of that very racket breaking incident

federer-racket-o.gif

That day was 4th April 2009 in Miami & here it was 5th April.

As it was mid-night here, I too in frustration, threw away my iPhone and it got badly damaged just like the Racket as you see in this video :(. #FedererConfession

Roger Federer lost the semi-final match.

and in the final, Andy Murray defeated Novak Djokovic on 5th April,2009 to win the ATP MIAMI Masters of 2009.

This day from here on will be forever remember as the "Federer Confession" day.

PS: Please be informed that I haven't posted this video to make any one sad. But, just posting this to tell you that the great maestro is also a human. Vamos Roger

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Scared

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

What great memory u have..........

U broke your iPhone & my broken TV Remote IS KEPT IN a show case for every one to see. I was lucky I didnt have a phone in my hand, else, that would have been in to 100000 pieces that horrorful night :(.

#FedererConfessions

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Andy

Andy

Dentist & Roger Federer Fans World Tour Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSydney

Current mood: Angelic

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Even I remember this incident.

What was sad that the crowd boo-ed Roger that day... But, its okay...

Was a really frustrating night.

Lots of unforced errors, but how well Roger played @ Madrid masters & At Paris during French Open, 2009..

Wish Roger breaks one more racket if he can win all three titles played in the old world & of course, the Miami Masters :)....

Old world for every one new means the titles at Rome, Paris ( French open) & London (Wimbledon).

Just kidding abt breaking racket, but will be awesome to see him winning all three... Amen.. #FedererConfession

#4 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,581 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Even I remember this incident.

What was sad that the crowd boo-ed Roger that day... But, its okay...

Was a really frustrating night.

Lots of unforced errors, but how well Roger played @ Rome masters & At Paris during French Open, 2009..

Wish Roger breaks one more racket if he can win all three titles played in the old world like 2009..

Old world for every one new means the titles at Rome, Paris ( French open) & London (Wimbledon).

Just kidding abt breaking racket, but will be awesome to see him winning all three... Amen..

The audience, in my opinion, is the one which should be booed at.

1. They'd never play as´╗┐ well as Federer. Even in their dreams.

2. They must realize Federer, although absolutely amazing, is not a MACHINE.

3. Roger is human. Thus, he has emotions.

4. If the audience was in Roger's shoes, they would have gone insane even before getting on the court.

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#5 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yes, it was a sad day as Roger's game was very off that day.

But, how well has he played after that racket breaking event in 2009.

My biggest #FedererConfession, I didn't eat for a whole day after he lost the US Open, 2011 semi-final, but then again, he made up for it, with some amazing tennis in 2012.

I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#6 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Sad that the crowd boo-ed him. Eery one can have off days & that day was surely an off day for roger.

My biggest #FedererConfession, after he lost the Wimbledon 2008 final, I didn't talk to any one for 2 days :(....

Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

I always wanted to show this to sausan :). So, Sausan, if you see this, would love to hear your comments :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#8 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

Actually i like such moments and waiting for it from the players i'm not get mad of these players's behavior, no, versa i just start to love them ;) ...

Sometimes it be an easy error, but it is difficult to accept it.

And Federer, what a smash!!! From one hit, he broke the racket, there are players after several blows they tend to break the racket.. i watched it a ten times :D but that forehand error hurted me as it came from Federer.....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Actually i like this moments and waiting for it from the players i'm not get mad of these players's behavior, no, versa i just start to love them ;) ...Sometimes it be an easy error, but it is difficult to accept it.

And Federer, what a smash!!! From one hit, he broke the racket, there are players after several blows they broke the racket.. i watched it a ten times :D but that error its hurts me to see it from Federer.....

ha ha, I was expecting you to react some thing like this :D :D

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hehehe, it's a different issue :) ....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hehehe, it's a different issue :) ....

& for the last 6 months, u haven't told me why you got angry on that Basel thing, do you have any idea how a curious person like me feels when a question remains unanswered for 6 months ;-)))

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators
  • 2,327 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Hehe oops :D,  yeah yeah i understand you.... Its just because i want to see Federer play in Basel, and this Rene Stauffer  made me worry.... Now how do you feel !! :D

Follow us also on...

#13 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

playin in oops :D, yeah yeah i understand you.... Its just because i want to see Federer play in Basel, and this Rene Stauffer made me worry....[/b] Now how do you feel !! :D

Ha ja, actually Rene Stauffer has nothing to do with Fed not playing in Basel. Ask this question to Tony Godsick or Roger Brennwald (Basel Tournament director).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#14 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hard to believe 4 years have passed since this happened & one year since this post. Time really flies. Perhaps, this incident was the turning point of 2009's season for Roger Federer. He had an disappointing 2009 season till Miami. It made him to concentrate harder on the clay court season.

Then, he went on to win Madrid Masters, then French Open and then of course, Wimbledon.

So, no doubt this incident is perhaps the No. 1 Roger Federer turning point rant for me :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

My biggest #FedererConfession :::

I pledged not to see Tennis again after 2008 French Open and then Wimbledon's heart-breaking loss. But, believe you me, I was back during US open, 2008 :).

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#16 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 586 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

My Biggest #FedererConfession

Again its the final of Wimbledon 2008,I had tears literally streaming down my eyes,could not sleep the whole night :( Nadal haunted me like anything and I decided never to watch Fedal in future  but could not resist myself :) And today I am a Fedal fan and always await these clashes :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#17 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

my #federerconfession i secretly cried  in my bathroom after his loss in wimby 2008 final!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#18 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

Now, after 5 years & 14 days, Roger Federer got a code violation for ball mishandling (hitting a ball in to the stand) at Monte Carlo.

For the details of that & the video of that, see this post right here.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roger Federer anger, Roger federer angry, Roger Federer ATP Miami 2009, Roger Federer breaking Racket, Roger federer throwing racket, How I broke my iPhone, Roger federer fan, RF angry, Roger federer Sony ericsson open 2009, Roger federer unforced errors, video of roger, video of Roger federer breaking his racket, Roger federer anger video, Roger federer also gets angry, Roger federer breaking his racket, Roger Federer blooper, Roger fed braking racket, roger federer, federer rants, roger federer rants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+