#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

Today, the players entry list of Dubai Duty Free Championships (Dubai Open), 2014 got announced.

Big names include 5 time champion Roger Federer, reigning champion & 4 time champion Novak Djokovic, World No. 5 Juan Martin Del potro, Tomas Berdych, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga among others.

This picture has the full mens starting list --

1507835_606022399453177_467027919_n.jpg

Total of 32 players will be contesting in the mens draw in the most prestigious ATP-500 event of the year.

“Once again we are thrilled to announce that an incredible line up of stars will be coming to the Tournament”, said Colm McLoughlin, Executive Vice Chairman of owners and organisers Dubai Duty Free.

“Not only will the Championships be showcasing five of the top 10 men, including arguably two of the best players ever, but the appearance of some of the rising stars along with the return of some seasoned campaigners will guarantee a wonderful week of exciting tennis action”, he added.

The ATP World Tour event takes place between 24 February and 1 March and follows the WTA tournament that features an incredible six of the world’s top 10.

Beginning on 17 February, the tournament will feature defending champion and 2011 Wimbledon Champion Petra Kvitova, 2012 Dubai title holder  Agnieszka Radwanska, along with former World Number ones Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic.

Here is the WTA players starting list -------

1510820_602288836493200_1189610105_n.jpg

The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is owned and organised by Dubai Duty Free and held under the patronage of HH. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

Tickets for the event are on sale from the Box Office at the Dubai Tennis Stadium, Garhoud which is open from 9am to 9pm daily. Grandstand ticket prices range from 75dhs for opening rounds to 500dhs for finals, with season tickets also available. 

Grandstand tickets can also be bought online at http://www.timeouttickets.com  For further information about tickets, prices and the tournament visit  http://www.dubaiduty...ampionships.com or phone the call centre on +971 4 4172415.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Alexanderani

Alexanderani

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members +
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Great work on this website.. respect!

I was wondering about your views about the tournament selection.
I think it may be better for Federer to play one of theother ATP500 in Rotterdam or Rio (agree this one is too far) where he would be seeded 1 or 2 with good chances of winning the tournament.
The Dubai selection is just too toughfor the same number of points. I don't assume the prize money plays a role at this stage

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

Great work on this website.. respect!

I was wondering about your views about the tournament selection.
I think it may be better for Federer to play one of theother ATP500 in Rotterdam or Rio (agree this one is too far) where he would be seeded 1 or 2 with good chances of winning the tournament.
The Dubai selection is just too toughfor the same number of points. I don't assume the prize money plays a role at this stage

Thanks for your kind words :)....

Last year, he did play Rotterdam actually. Okay, see, as you know, in March, year's first 2 ATP-1000 tourneys will be played at Indian Wells & then at Miami.

As you must be aware, the courts at Indian Wells is almost same as Dubai, with the weather also almost as same as Dubai...

Now, lets analyze, Rotterdam, as you know, its played at Indoor courts in Rotterdam & Rio de Janeiro Open will be played on Clay courts.

So, not only playing in Dubai Open has a better chance to give him practice on almost a similar court plus also the weather conditions.

Overall, if any one needs to practice & be better prepared for Indian Wells & Miami, I will suggest Dubai Open over Rotterdam or Rio :)...

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Del Potro may receive a surgery to his left wrist, which will force him out of tennis for a few months. :(

#5 mohit

mohit

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 66 posts

Current mood: Amused

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Good news is that, Del potro is playing Rotterdam & will play Dubai also.

#6 Guest_Niraperky_*

Guest_Niraperky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Surprised to read that Delpotro playing in Rotterdam and Dubaï. The time lapse between the two is so close and Dubaï is quite a heavy load to take on for a player undergoing a wrist surgery....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+