• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Match report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Teymuraz Gabashvili, Australian Open 2014

roger federer Teymuraz Gabashvili aus open 2014

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

I wonder what happened with that first serve? Not seen Roger start a match like that before, it did make me anxious for a while, hoping he was OK

Maybe it because the sunlight was dazzling!!! :huh: 

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#22 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, it was weird, but I think it was just the sun light which blinded his vision temporarily.

#23 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

BTW, the next match will be the real test. Tsonga is a tough opponent and if Roger beats in 4 or less sets in less than 3 hours, that will be fantastic. His 2nd week schedule is crazy as he is likely to face Murray next if he gets past Tsonga, and then Nadal and then Djokovic. It will be super sweet if Roger wins AO 2014 with this kind of draw.

#24 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Actually, Teymuraz Gabashvili raised his hand & that's why, Federer stopped :). See the video carefully & you will notice.

#25 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

BTW, the next match will be the real test. Tsonga is a tough opponent and if Roger beats in 4 or less sets in less than 3 hours, that will be fantastic. His 2nd week schedule is crazy as he is likely to face Murray next if he gets past Tsonga, and then Nadal and then Djokovic. It will be super sweet if Roger wins AO 2014 with this kind of draw.

We can dream :)  I think Tsonga has a head to head lead against Roger doesn't he?  Even before the last six months.  One step at a time.  Roger at his best can beat him easily of course. We'll see.  It will feel strange to watch the match without having to get up in the middle of the night. Looking forward to it immensely.

#26 Rita

Rita

• Members +
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Actually, Teymuraz Gabashvili raised his hand & that's why, Federer stopped :). See the video carefully & you will notice.

Gabashvili spent quite a lot of time getting himself ready to play, keeping everyone including Roger waiting, didn't he?  Glad the match didn't last too long and he was able to get back inside and put some more sun cream on his face  ;)

#27 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 500 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

We can dream :)  I think Tsonga has a head to head lead against Roger doesn't he?  Even before the last six months.  One step at a time.  Roger at his best can beat him easily of course. We'll see.  It will feel strange to watch the match without having to get up in the middle of the night. Looking forward to it immensely.

Not really, Roger leads 9-4 and 3-2 in slams. They played twice in Australia and Roger won both of those encounters. But it's true it is not going to be an easy match if Jo's serve will work. On the other hand he has made on average about 25 unforced errors per match in this tournament which is not a big number but is something that Roger can take advantage of. I don't want to dwell too much on the statistics as they are not a crystal ball but rather reflection of the past, however based on the numbers so far Jo seems to be more consistent and more sharp than Andy in this tournament. I don't want to get too much ahead but I'll try to make a bold prediction here: should Roger win this in straight sets, he'll win in straight against Andy as well (Andy's game seems to be still quite vulnerable). Anyway, can't wait for this match, wish it would start right now.

#28 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Yes, you are right :)

I was so busy watching Roger I didn't notice what Gabashvili was doing .... so there was no need to worry after all :rolleyes:

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#29 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

Gabashvili spent quite a lot of time getting himself ready to play, keeping everyone including Roger waiting, didn't he?  Glad the match didn't last too long and he was able to get back inside and put some more sun cream on his face  ;)

He did. I would have thought he would have done all the faffing about with sun cream in the locker room as he was preparing for the match. That seemed an unnecessary distraction which held everybody up.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#30 Rita

Rita

• Members +
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

Not really, Roger leads 9-4 and 3-2 in slams. They played twice in Australia and Roger won both of those encounters. But it's true it is not going to be an easy match if Jo's serve will work. On the other hand he has made on average about 25 unforced errors per match in this tournament which is not a big number but is something that Roger can take advantage of. I don't want to dwell too much on the statistics as they are not a crystal ball but rather reflection of the past, however based on the numbers so far Jo seems to be more consistent and more sharp than Andy in this tournament. I don't want to get too much ahead but I'll try to make a bold prediction here: should Roger win this in straight sets, he'll win in straight against Andy as well (Andy's game seems to be still quite vulnerable). Anyway, can't wait for this match, wish it would start right now.

Really!  That's good. Don't know what made me think Tsonga was ahead.  Like you, I'm really looking forward to this one though.  The matches so far have been ones Roger should win but had my fingers crossed anyway, and it was good to see him get through so easily.  This is a real test though. A nail-biting affair.  Not so sure about Andy's game being vulnerable.  I haven't watched any of his matches. It's not the kind of tennis I enjoy really. But I do think he's quite canny and capable of producing the goods when he has to.  First Tsonga though.

#31 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 500 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Really!  That's good. Don't know what made me think Tsonga was ahead.  Like you, I'm really looking forward to this one though.  The matches so far have been ones Roger should win but had my fingers crossed anyway, and it was good to see him get through so easily.  This is a real test though. A nail-biting affair.  Not so sure about Andy's game being vulnerable.  I haven't watched any of his matches. It's not the kind of tennis I enjoy really. But I do think he's quite canny and capable of producing the goods when he has to.  First Tsonga though.

Andy's winners to ue ratio from his last two matches is negative, he committed at least 30 in each of these matches. And what's really disturbing is his serve: average first serve speed barely above 170 kph and his second only 135 on average, comparing to Roger's approximately 180 and 150 accordingly. But you're right, he'll probably step it up and yeah, above all sorry for putting the cart before horse as Roger has to take care of Jo first.

#32 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

Good observation. Thanks! :)

#33 Tennis Lover

Tennis Lover

• Members +
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Both Roger and Murray are not 100% yet. Roger is getting used to his new racquet and needs to catch up some lost practice time due to back injury. He said he'll be at his best around March/April. Murray is coming back from back injury, but he is younger so maybe he'll get back to his best sooner. Anyway, if they meet, it will be close.

#34 Niraperky

Niraperky

Roger Federer Fans 100 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Current mood: Cheerful

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Very impressed with Roger's game until now, but I must agree with Wendy, he should make his opponent run more. Easier sais than done I am sitting there and saying "go on make him rub for it". He is a pleasure to watch and good to see his wonderful smile and confidence.
Arena will be full tonight for match vs Tsonga. All the best Maestro! Many thanks for photographs and interview photographs. πŸ‘πŸŽΎπŸ˜Š

#35 IrishFedererFan

IrishFedererFan

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

Where is the thread for his match with Tsonga?

#36 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Where is the thread for his match with Tsonga?

Its here ----

http://www.rogerfede...lian-open-2014/

the top most topic in the recent topics on the forum...

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#37 IrishFedererFan

IrishFedererFan

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Its here ----

http://www.rogerfede...lian-open-2014/

the top most topic in the recent topics on the forum...

Thanks man :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+