• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Match report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Andy Murray, Australian Open 2014

roger federer andy murray australian open aus open 2014

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,624 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Last 11 years have taught me that Death, Taxes & Roger Federer reaching the semi-finals of Australian Open are the only sureties in Life

Roger Federer reached his 11th successive semi-final of Australian Open as he defeated the 4th seeded Andy Murray 6-3, 6-4, 6-7 (6-8), 6-3 in 3 hours & 20 minutes to set up a semi-final clash vs Rafa Nadal on Friday.

animated.jpg

Aus Open, 2014 is Roger Federer's 59th slam & he has reached semi-final or beyond in 34 of those slams (almost 58%).

Here's a quick break-up of Roger Federer's 58 completed grand slams ----

Lost in Round 1 :  6 times

Lost in Round 2 :  1 time (Wimbledon, 2013)

Lost in Round 3 :  4 times

Lost in Round 4:   7 times

Lost in Quarter-Finals:  7 times

Lost in Semi-finals : 9 times

Lost in Finals: 7 times

Won Grand Slams: 17 times

Kim Sears (Andy Murray's girl friend) in picture took cue from Federer's camp & decided to put towels & caps on the camera in the players box to avoid the camera catching every action of theirs ----

article-2543935-1ADF155000000578-487_634

Kim+Sears+2014+Australian+Open+Day+10+Ju

Set-1

The only time, Murray was ahead on the score-card was the first point that he won on Federer's service. The Swiss maestro continued the momentum from his last match. Federer came to the net twice in the opening game & made his intentions pretty clear.

Federer won the first two points on Murray's 1st service game, but Murray managed to hold on to make it 1-all.

It was an absolute Vintage Roger Federer as he came to the net again twice & was able to break Murray's service in the 4th game to get to a 3-1 lead.

Not only was Federer's net game spot on, but his service was looking impeccable. Federer then served out the 1st set in the 9th game winning the set 6-3 in just 31 minutes.

Here are the first set stats ------

BekqvqTCcAAgbKP.jpg

Federer's service & net game was just impeccable in the 1st set

Set-2

Murray managed to win the 1st service game of the 2nd set winning a 23 shot rally. Federer's game was looking imperious today. He broke British No. 1 service again in the 5th game to get to a 3-2 lead.

That one break proved sufficient as Federer won the 2nd set in the 10th game winning the set 6-4 in 48 minutes, with one of the rallies going to 27 rallies.

Here are the 2nd set stats -----

Bek2BXnCcAA8v1u.png

Federer didn't face a break point, though, Murray tried his best, but, still Federer was at his impeccable best & didn't give any chances to the Scot.

3rd Set

Great Fight by Andy Murray

Federer had three break points in the opening game of the 3rd set, but the Scot saved those. The first 8 games went on serve. The real drama started in the 9th game of the 3rd set.

There was a controversy after Federer sprinted from the back of the court and somehow managed to slide from the back of the court in time to pick the ball a millimeter off the ground and spank it over Murray's head at the net.

Murray complained to the umpire about the ball having got double bounce & that event clearly made Murray very angry & he lost his service in the 9th game & Federer got to a 5-4 lead.

Here's the video of that ----

Murray looked very angry during the changeover & that probably helped him during the next game.

Federer while serving for the match in the 10th game, Federer made two unforced errors & Murray on his second break point broke Federer's service for the 1st time in the match to make it 5-5 in the 3rd set.

The next two games went on service & it was tie-breaker time in the 3rd set.

Federer got the 1st mini break on Murray's service to get to a 3-2 and then made it 5-2 on his service, but the Scot won his next two serves to make it 5-4.

Federer then won the next point on his service as Murray hit a forehand long & it was 6-4 & Federer had two match points.

Federer then made two unforced errors, first one on his service & the second one on Murray as it was 6-all in the tie-breaker.

Murray then won the next point with an amazing point & it was 7-6 and another error by Federer gifted the 3rd set to Murray 8-6 in the tie-breaker. The set lasted 63 minutes.

Here are the 3rd set stats ------

ktkq.png

Federer's 1st serve % dropped for the set & the two errors that he made while serving for the set in the 10th game & the tie-breaker costed him the set.

Set-4

The 3rd set was the first set that Federer lost in the tournament & Murray had all the momentum going in to the 4th set & he was up 0-30 on the 1st service game of Federer, but the Swiss managed to hold his service.

The next game was the most dramatic game of the match.

Federer had six break points but the Scott saved all those as the game went to 10 deuce & that game lasted 20 minutes as it was 1-all.

Federer again had a break point in the 6th game but the Scott saved it and it was 3-all.

Federer once again had three break points in the 8th game, Murray saved two but Federer got the decisive break and it was 5-3.

Federer then served out the set & the match in the 9th game winning the set 6-3 in 58 minutes.

x1600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

Federer's 1st reaction after winning the match

This is how Stefan Edberg & Mirka Federer reacted after the match -------

stefannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

Here are the 4th set stats

tbx2.png

& here are the overall match stats ----------

BelTf4FCYAAsmP7.jpg

Screenshot credit:  Xene (@devilxene)

This was Roger Federer's 10th match win over Andy Murray in their 21st clash & Murray now leads the head to head 11-10 vs Federer.

Roger Federer in his post match on court interview to Jim Courier stated, "I had no choice but to stay out here and tell myself I was still in the lead. That's when Andy did well, he kept the ball in play and kept the pressure on me and I couldn't get the job done."

"I'm much higher than I was last year and that is very satisfying. I have confidence in my movement. Last year I felt like I wasn't quite right. Maybe Andy was carrying something tonight. He could play but it wasn't quite the same. That's what I felt last year but I kept on playing and doing my work. I'm happy that the last four months of hard work have paid off and this is an amazing start to the year for me."

Here is the video of that -----

This victory of Roger Federer ensured that unless Federer wins the Australian Open, 2014 title, Juan Martin Del Potro is assured to climb to a career high of Number 3 in the ATP Rankings. For more ATP Ranking scenarios click here.

Scroll down for more pictures, video highlights, post match press conferences & other insights from the match.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yes! He did it!!!

1010222_673050352738719_547077370_n.jpg?

1495117_734976129880332_693684191_o.jpg?

1493383_734976106547001_72128165_o.jpg?d

Those three pictures totally capture the ecstasy of the moment of victory.

Roger started this match so well, taking the first two sets with comparative ease, but then as the finishing line approached in the third, he could not close out, Murray taking the set in the tie break. Tension was certainly rising.

It was so encouraging to see that Federer kept his composure in the fourth set. He had the fire of determination in his eyes, he remained focused on the task in hand.

892316_734976096547002_1104232528_o.jpg?

1492513_734974739880471_765738397_o.jpg?

1606261_734975279880417_432772663_o.jpg?

An excellent and well deserved win today.

1500936_734975633213715_968335933_o.jpg?

1500756_734975786547033_2108032112_o.jpg

People all around were standing in applause. Must admit I felt quite emotional seeing Roger look up as Rod Laver got to his feet and to see the sheer joy of the Federer team.

1523384_734976416546970_223610460_o.jpg?

As always, a lighter moment when Jim Courier steps forward with the microphone. It's so soon after the exhilaration of the match Roger was almost lost for words at the start :)

1485863_734975583213720_1092192847_o.jpg

Nadal is now the only hurdle to overcome to reach the Finals. I desperately hope Roger can make it through, and maybe even face an all Swiss final, who knows! :)

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#3 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Highlights packages ....

23 shot rally ....

Highlights in HD ....

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,643 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Pics from the match -----------

tumblr_mzszs50BYE1rlws4ro1_500.png

tumblr_mzszs50BYE1rlws4ro2_500.png

tumblr_mzszs50BYE1rlws4ro3_500.png

tumblr_mzsxl1HhJd1qapfsxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzsxkuZiEC1rg2a0eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzsxkuZiEC1rg2a0eo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mzsxkuZiEC1rg2a0eo2_500.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Federer's post match press conference interview (courtesy: Aus Open) ----

Q. Did you get worried when you lost the third set after all the opportunities you had or were you feeling tired, angry with yourself?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I mean, it's like one of those things where it would have been nice to close it out, it being that solid match that you played, you know.

The thing was not only that I served for it, but I had 6 4, 5 2 in the breaker. Maybe could have won on one of the points and then probably would have gotten it home for sure. There's so many things I could have maybe done better. Maybe got slightly passive.

You sit down and you're still in the lead. You don't know if momentum is still on your side or on his side now. Only the next few games will decide that. So it was important to get the lead straightaway again.

I could sense that, you know, he was struggling shortly after that. But then again, you don't know how serious is it. Is he just doing it now and he's going to be okay later when it matters.

I've been in these positions before. For me it was just a matter of staying calm and forgetting about it a little bit because, you know, the match was great until that point when I couldn't get it done really.

Q. Formulating the game plan is one thing, but executing it is another. Are you impressed with how you've been able to execute the last couple games?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, no, I've been feeling really well. Physically I know that I can do it. And then because I'm feeling good physically, then I can really think about tactics I want to play, how aggressive or how passive do you want to play. I have all these opportunities now.

I've been hitting the ball really well for some time now, so it's just nice that it all came together in a big match against Murray like this.

Q. If there had been the odd subtle change in your game, it seemed you were able to turn defense into attack, reaching balls you may not have been able to reach a while ago. Is that your back feeling good and the racquet as well?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, the racquet's not going to do the running for you. But I know what you mean (smiling).

I definitely think that's what I used to do so well, you know, the transition game from defense to offense. I definitely sensed that today, you know, I am back physically. I'm explosive out there. I can get to balls. I'm not afraid to go for balls.

Of course, you know, last year at times you couldn't do it, but important is that I can do it now. I'm looking forward to the next match.

It was a great game on many levels today, not just physically. Also just mentally it was tough. Then I really played some good tennis. I was very happy.

Q. How did you see the ball that you went in for? Murray had a long debate with the umpire about whether the ball was up.

ROGER FEDERER: A long debate is a bit extreme, exaggeration.

Q. For him it was pretty long.

ROGER FEDERER: Really? I've seen worse.

Honestly, I don't know. I thought I probably got it, especially the way it bounced on the other side. It felt like I got under it. At that point I might even have my eyes closed. It's like it's so extreme that I really don't know.

They showed it twice I thought on the replay. It looked good. I just told the umpire, How can they show this and create this controversial moment potentially? It's not really what you want to do.

I hope it was played the right way. If it wasn't, I'm sorry. But it's an umpire's call. I've been burnt by these calls before. I can't remember the score, but clearly it was a big one. I think I ended up breaking him in the game.

I don't know. We'll have to check the replay time and time again.

Q. You have a new racquet, a new coach, a new level of fitness. Could you talk about how they all come together? It's not a new Roger Federer, but is it energizing and invigorating for you.

ROGER FEDERER: It's really a big pleasure for me being back in the semifinals. I think I've played semis here all the way since '03 or '04 maybe.

For me it's an amazing result for me again to be in the semis. This one feels different because of the tougher times I've had in slams, Wimbledon, at the US Open. It's nice to be back in the semis and defend my points from last year. Not that it matters at my age.

But it's nice to play a nice tournament. Plus what I really love is another Swiss is in the semis as well. It's the first time in history. So that's a big deal. I was really happy for Stan last night, because he's been putting in an amazing effort for the last years and didn't always get compensated. That's the big news for me.

I didn't think about it all the time when I was playing, but it was definitely inspiring tennis by him last night.

For me, it's as well a dream run, and I hope I can keep it up against Rafa.

Q. What would you say about the all Swiss final?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, the moment you start thinking about that we're taking the same flight home. So, yeah, look, I'm worried about my match clearly, but I'll definitely watch his first. Hopefully he can make it. Then he can put the pressure on me that way.

It's a great problem to have. Geez, I mean, he played so well. Not just now against Novak, but he's done it so well in this tournament. He won Chennai. Great season last year. He's really also getting the respect he deserves in his country now and also on the tennis tour.

It's nice seeing it turning around for him.

And for me, yeah, I hope I can make it to the finals. Clearly when you're in the semis you start dreaming. There's no doubt about that.

Q. When you're watching Stan's matches, are you just watching it quietly or do you find yourself occasionally coming out with a, C'mon?

ROGER FEDERER: How much can I say here? I don't know. I'm not sitting there all quiet, no. At the end I was standing up, hands in the air like him. That's what it was, you know.

When he wins big points, yeah, I guess you do fist pump. I high five with Mirka. So it was good fun last night. We watched the entire fifth set together. Before I was watching more by myself. It was amazing.

Q. Given Rafa has had a good record against you in recent years, especially in slams. Do you take any comfort in the fact that he is struggling a little bit with his left hand, which means he can't serve quite as well as normal?

ROGER FEDERER: Then 210 bombs are coming my way again. Who knows. He's been tough to play against, no doubt. I'm happy I get a chance to play him in a slam again. I don't remember the last time we played.

The head to head record is in his favor. I'm looking forward to speaking to Stefan, because when we spoke together, you know, when he came to Dubai and we spoke about the game, we clearly spoke about playing Rafa, as well.

He thought he had some good ideas, so I'm looking forward to what he has to say. Clearly with Severin, he knows him inside out. I'm looking forward to hear what the boys have to say. We'll prepare. I hope I can get a win. We'll see.

Q. You said before that you're physically back. Do you think you're also mentally back? Tonight you had 17 breakpoints and you transformed only four. Why?

ROGER FEDERER: I mean, the majority came in the fourth set, in the beginning. I think I was 1 1 and 1 1 in the first two sets.

Look, yeah, it was a great match. I'm happy. I don't care about the breakpoints. I really don't.

Q. After losing the third set, did you think he had the form to take you to five?

ROGER FEDERER: No, but you never know. I mean, when you go deep, past the three hour mark, past three and a half hours I don't know how long we played you just don't know. It's a bit of the unknown sometimes. You go through phases where you feel better or worse.

I don't know if he's not feeling so well with his back or if he's not feeling so well because he physically couldn't train as much as he wanted to. It's that unknown factor which is stressful. It's difficult to handle. Plus I kept missing opportunities.

But I tried to stay calm. I've been in these positions before. I think I did well at the end. Would have been nice to get the early break and then hopefully serve and go up 3 Love on the first change of ends. That was a bit of a pity.

But I guess I know exactly what he's going through, because that's how I felt sometimes because you couldn't work out sometimes. You get tired throughout the match. It's just not a good feeling to have because you start doubting yourself and then things get tough.

Q. You mentioned age in a previous answer. Do you think people get too obsessed with your age and they don't look at the player?

ROGER FEDERER: Not sure. You know, I don't read everybody's articles, honestly. I actually don't read much at all so I don't know exactly what's being said. I just sense it when I'm being asked questions time and time again.

The whole retirement question started like in '09. Here we are five years down the road and I'm getting asked less. So that's a good thing.

Then I think it's okay to talk about age because, yeah, I'm not 22. But most of the guys now are between 26, 7, 8 now and have a lot of miles in their body now. So I'm not the only guy.

Yeah, things don't get easier. But at the same time they might become more enjoyable. Maybe I can play with less pressure. Maybe I just love it. I still love competition. Still feel maybe there's something big around the corner.

You know, I'm just trying to find out and see if that's the case. I do feel it is. But only time will tell if it's possible or not.

Q. As somebody who has been an ambassador for the game for a long time and also on the Player Council, what do you think of the tournament not penalizing David Ferrer for shoving a linesperson during his quarterfinal?

ROGER FEDERER: I didn't see it. Speak to him. Give him a timeout (smiling). No, I mean, who cares? It happens, you know.

Q. You mentioned about Murray. He thought you played particularly well in the first two sets. Are there one or two points you can identify in his performance that gave you the clue that he wasn't fully recovered from the back operation?

ROGER FEDERER: I think in the beginning he played well. Physically he was fine. It seemed like, at least. Maybe at the end of the third only did I sense maybe for a second, but the problem was the scoreline was so difficult right then that you cannot focus on the guy's body or how he's feeling.

You're playing point for point. Unfortunately I didn't serve well when I had to. I sensed he might be struggling on some serves, but then again he did better when I thought he would struggle. It was one of those things.

Once the ball was in play he played quite aggressive. He actually played well. Then right off the bat in the fourth set I realized, you know, he's not that fast maybe. Things are getting a bit difficult for him now. Not knowing if it was actually back or just fatigue because, like I said, maybe he couldn't work out as much as he wanted to.

You started feeling that as the match went past three hours, all that. That's when I started to feel it the most. In that Love 40 game at 1 0 in the fourth. That's why it was so more disappointing not to take the opportunity there, because you don't know if it's like, Oh, maybe one game, then he's like back to normal. You're like, God, I can't believe I missed that opportunity.

But he did struggle more or less throughout the fourth. But he was dangerous, you know.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

x1600.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#7 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

More pics 

Roger+Federer+2014+Australian+Open+Day+1

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

1235339_668677736511907_439333229_n.jpg

1391435_668624636517217_1107526143_n.jpg

1507900_668616096518071_739040428_n.jpg

1619122_668616216518059_1535563184_n.jpg

1512109_668616823184665_1852769350_o.jpg

7541_668624953183852_395460203_n.jpg

1545068_656139797762972_1865732391_n.jpg

1606497_668616736518007_2086180930_o.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#9 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

Another highlight

Federer's fantastic lob

Follow us also on...

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Last game & the match point 

Federer and Murray amazing 23 shot rally

Follow us also on...

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

A few pics of Andy Murray

Andy+Murray+2014+Australian+Open+Day+10+

Follow us also on...

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

(left) Former Oasis and now Beady Eye singer Liam Gallagher watches the match

article-2543831-1ADF12CF00000578-284_634

Australian cricket legend Shane Warne

article-2543831-1ADF040100000578-391_634

Murray hits the net with his racket in frustration after losing a point

article-2543831-1ADF7E4F00000578-978_634

Officials were forced to mend the net after Murray's blow broke the fixings

article-2543831-1ADF7DD100000578-320_634

Follow us also on...

#13 Rita

Rita

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Current mood: Fine

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for all the pics, videos and reports, as always.   Love the "victory" pics :)  And what a victory that was, wasn't it.  I was actually in tears at the end I have to admit.  The really important thing about this match is that Roger picked himself up from a low point and went on to win.  I feel if he hadn't been able to do that it would have dented his confidence again quite a bit, but as it is he knows he can do it.  And how lovely to see Edberg and also Laver smiling and happy at the end.  Edberg you would expect to be happy with the result but Laver clearly was too. 

So, wonder what will happen next?  I'm a bit fed up with all the moaning over injuries, be it Murray's back or Nadal's blister.  I have a thing about this.  Either you are fit to play or you are not. If you are not declare yourself forfeit. If you are then go on out and play and shut up about any physical problems you might have.  It's not fair on your opponent to keep them guessing.  Perhaps it's just me, but it's something that really annoys me.  Always has.

#14 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

You are not alone there Rita. One of the things that drew me to such a deep admiration of Roger Federer was his way of putting his head down and getting on with it and not making a song and dance about injuries aches and pains during a match. It is such a rare event to see him call for a trainer even.

There is a big difference between gamesmanship and sportsmanship as far as admiration and respect goes in my book ;)

#15 IrishFedererFan

IrishFedererFan

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

I was exhausted after watching the 3rd set tie break, and Murray's first service game in the 4th set, that lasted nearly 20 minutes.

I wish Roger had closed it out in straight sets, but still obviously delighted to see him through to the semi-finals.

#16 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

Here's another picture from the match ;)

SGtLNVG.jpg

#17 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

I know that it is the least important thing that double bounce right now and still Roger should have broken much sooner in that 3rd set. But it was a great slide though and would have been even greater lob.

Anyway, it was a pretty solid performance by Roger, after first 3 games I reassured myself it is going to be straight sets win (just one point shy unfortunately), just hope he will be less tentative at crucial points against Rafa, but it was good to see him making fun of it during that interview with JIm Courier. It is super exciting, this 2014 brand new Roger Federer edition, can't wait for the years to come for him, looks like he is going to enjoy his life on tour even more.

#18 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Looking at the video of Federer's amazing reach to make the flicked lob it certainly appears to be a legitimate shot, with Roger getting his racquet under the ball before it could have bounced a second time ...

#19 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Looking at the video of Federer's amazing reach to make the flicked lob it certainly appears to be a legitimate shot, with Roger getting his racquet under the ball before it could have bounced a second time ...

Wish it was that way but I think the picture says it all. On the other hand I am sure that if it would have felt like a double bounce to Roger he would be first to admit it. Just the margins were so small you can't really tell at the moment it's taking place. But it's just one of those annoying, little things that make this game so multidimensional I guess.

#20 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,664 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

Here's the full match...

Follow us also on...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, andy murray, australian open, aus open 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+