• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

ATP Ranking scenarios post Sony Open, Miami Masters 2014

atp ranking scenarios atp sony open tennis sony open 2014 roger federer roger federer #4

19 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

Here we are in to the 2nd week of Miami & this week will prove to be an absolute cracker from an ATP Rankings point of view.

post-2-0-61078500-1362691790_thumb.jpg

Before, we go any further, let us firstly look at the last announced ATP points of the Top 20. These are the points that ATP last announced on 17th March, 2014 ---

atp%20top%2020.png

As, you can see, Roger Federer is so close to getting back to Top-4 ranking, so the most asked question of the week has been- can RF get back to Top-4 ranking post Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014?

Roger Federer after spending 10 years in ATP Top-4, (got in to Top-4 on 07.07.2003 until 07.07.2013) has been out of Top-4 since Wimbledon 2013 & now, after 9 months is almost sure to return back to ATP Top-4 post Sony Open Tennis, Miami 2014.

Also, the following other questions are most relevant from an ATP ranking point of view ::

(i) Will there be a change in the rankings of Top-4 after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014?

(ii) Can Roger Federer get back in to Top-3 if he wins the Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014 title?

(iii) How much the points difference will be between Rafael Nadal  & Novak Djokovic after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014?

(iv) What will be the ATP points of Top 4 be in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 31st March, 2014 (after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014)?

(v) As Ferrer is the losing finalist of Miami 2013, so, will David Ferrer stay in the ATP Top-4 after Miami 2014, if he fails to reach the finals of Miami 2014?

(vi) Andy Murray is the defending champion of Miami, so, will an early loss take him out of the Top-8 or can he remain in Top-8 after Miami 2014?

For getting the answers to all these questions about ranking scenario and possibilities during & immediately after Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters 2014, please read on.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

Before we go any further, let me firstly remind you how many ATP points are at stake at Sony Open Tennis, Miami Masters, 2014?

1. The winner will get 1000 ATP points.

2. The losing finalist will get 600 ATP points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist will get 360 ATP points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist will get 180 ATP points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16 will get 90 points each.

6. The loser of Round of 32 takes 45 points.

7. The loser of Round of 64 gets ATP 25 points (but seeded players who get a bye from the Round of 128 will get only 10 ATP points for losing out in the Round of 64).

8. The loser of Round of 128 (effectively Round of 96) to get 10 ATP points each (but wild card entrants who lose out in the first round don't get any points).

A qualifier who loses out in the first Round of the main draw gets 26 ATP Points.

Scroll down for per round points chart & ranking scenarios.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

How many points the Top 8 have to defend in the Sony Open Tennis, 2013?

Rafa Nadal had skipped Miami in 2013, so, he isn't defending any points.

Novak Djokovic had lost in the Round-16 of Miami Masters 2013, thus he is defending only 90 points.

Stan Wawrinka had skipped Miami in 2013, so, he isn't defending any points.

David Ferrer was the losing finalist of Miami Masters, so he is defending 600 points.

Roger Federer had skipped Miami in 2013, so, he isn't defending any points.

Andy Murray is the defending champ of 2013 Miami Masters,so, Murray has to defend 1000 points.

Tomas Berdych lost in QF of 2013 Miami Masters, so he is defending 180 points.

Del Potro lost in the 2nd Round of 2013 Miami Masters, so he was defending only 10 points, which he will lose out.

ps: Del Potro had his wrist surgery today & will miss the remaining 2014 season.

10003904_644713362248825_262831725_n.jpg

Scroll down for per round points chart & ranking scenarios.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

Here is the PDF chart of the per round calculation of ATP points of Top-8

Attached File  miami 2014 chart by Vibhu batra @vibhuism.pdf   163.09KB   1016 downloads

PS: Feel Free to download it to understand how points are added & subtracted.

Scroll down for interpretation of this table & how rankings will change.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

From the above calculation sheet, these are the main ranking scenario changes that we can see after Miami Masters, 2014 ::

(i) Rafa Nadal & Novak Djokovic will remain #1 & #2 irrespective of the results @ Miami Masters, 2014.

(ii) Stan Wawrinka will stay as #3 unless Federer wins Miami Masters title & Stan doesn't reach finals of Miami.

(ii) David Ferrer will move out of Top-4 unless he manages to win Miami title, else, its almost sure that he will be out of ATP Top-4 post Miami Masters, 2014 (unless, Federer loses before the QF stage).

(iv) Roger Federer is almost ensured to get back to ATP Top-4 Ranking after 9 months.

As explained in the above chart :

(a) Roger Federer will 100% be ranked in the Top-4 (#4) if he reaches the semi-finala of Miami Masters, 2014 even if Tomas Berdych manages to win the Miami title.

b. If Roger Federer reaches the QF & loses to David Ferrer, he still will get back in to the Top-4 ranking unless Ferrer or Berdych win the Miami Masters, 2014 title.

© If Roger Federer wins the Miami Masters, 2014 title, he will get back to #3 ATP Ranking, if Wawrinka doesn't reach the finals of Miami Masters.

(d)  Roger Federer is guaranteed of #5 ranking, even if the Miami final is between Berdych vs Ferrer.

(v) Andy Murray is 100% ensured to be in the Top-8, but, his ranking will drop down to #8 unless he reaches the final of Miami Masters, 2014.

(vi) Tomas Berdych at best can reach #4 if he manages to win Miami Masters title.

(vii) Unfortunately, Juan Martin is out for the rest of 2014, but, he will still be ranked in Top-8 after Miami Masters, 2014. He will be ranked #7 post Miami unless Murray reaches the final of Miami Masters, 2014.

For any query about any other's players ranking, feel free to drop in a comment or add me on any of the social networking sites mentioned in my signature. I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Now that Ferrer has lost out in Round-4 to Kei Nishikori, Roger Federer will reach #4 ranking, if any of these two happens :

(i) If Federer reaches the semi-finals of Miami Masters  or

(ii) If Berdych doesn't win the Miami Masters title

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Now that Stan Wawrinka has lost in the 4th Round of Miami Masters vs Dolgopolov,

Stan will stay at #3 (at least till 21st April, 2014- end of Monte Carlo Masters), unless Roger Federer wins Miami Masters, 2014.

If Federer wins Miami title, he will get up to #3......

The possible ranking scenarios for Federer :

(i) If Federer reaches semi-final, he is assured of #4 ranking even if Berdych wins Miami title....

(ii) If Berdych doesn't win the Miami Title, Federer is assured of #4 ranking even if he loses in the 4th Round or Quarter-final...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

Thanks Vibhu for the explanation :) ....Poor Delpo, I will miss him a lot

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Guest_VickyS_*

Guest_VickyS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Roger is back where he belongs!

No.3 ranking is just a matter of time. 

#10 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Now, Federer will be back to Top-4 ranking if :

(i) Federer beats Nishikori in the quarter-final match on Wednesday or

(ii) Tomas Berdych fails to win Miami Masters title.

& if Roger Federer wins the Sony Open title (Miami Masters), he will get to #3 ranking ahead of Stan Wawrinka.

#11 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

& now that Andy Murray has lost out in the QF of Miami, he will get down to #8, his lowest ranking in over 5 years....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

So, now that Roger Federer has lost in the Quarter-finals to Kei Nishikori ----

If Tomas Berdych wins the Miami Masters title, Roger Federer will stay at #5

& if Berdych doesn't win Miami Masters title, Federer will be back to #4 after 8 months, 24 days....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Guest_iowane_*

Guest_iowane_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

How will Nishikori's ranking improve with his performance thus far

#14 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

How will Nishikori's ranking improve with his performance thus far

Kei Nishikori by virtue of reaching the semis has secured 18th rank, if he manages to beat Djokovic in the semis, he will reach 14th rank & if he wins the title, he will be close to 12th rank. His career high is #11 that he was in June, 2013.

While, Dolgopolov who will now be ranked #22 after reaching quarters, if he manages to reach semis, will be #20 & if finals, #16 & if he wins the title, will be #13....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

Now, that Tomas Berdych has reached the semis of Miami Masters, he has assured himself of equaling his career-high of #5 when the ATP Rankings are released after Miami.

If Tomas Berdych wins the Miami title, he will get up to #4 & if Tomas Berdych fails to win Miami title, Roger Federer is assured to be #4 on Monday....

& now, David Ferrer is #6, this is for the first time since June, 2012 that Ferru will be out of Top-5....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

& Milos Raonic by virtue of reaching the semis has assured himself of #10 ranking (John Isner will be #9, Richard Gasquet - #11 & Tsonga -- #12).....

If Raonic reaches the semis, he will assure himself of a career high #9 ranking.... Even, if he wins the Miami title, he will stay at #9 with maximum 3530 points...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Frankly, I wish that Berdych to loses...SORRY for saying that,Berdych and his fans, but this is Federer!!! 

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#18 Guest_Deodato cruz._*

Guest_Deodato cruz._*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Federer is back this 2014 season.that is the spirit of the champions. Still the best.

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Breaking News: Tomas Berdych also has withdrawn from his semi-final match vs Rafa Nadal & that means, Roger Federer is back to ATP Top-4 after 8 months & 24 days.....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

In the new ATP Rankings to be announced on Monday, the following will be the ranking points of #3 to #8----

#3- Stan Wawrinka ---- 5740 points

#4 - Roger Federer- 5225 points

#5 --- Tomas Berdych-- 4720 points

#6 --- David Ferrer --- 4640 points

#7 ---- Juan Martin Del Potro --- 4260 points

#8--- Andy Murray ---- 3975 points

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+