• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Projected Wimbledon 2014 Men's singles seedings and every thing that you need to know about Wimbledon seedings

wimbledon 2014 wimbledon wimbledon seedings wimbledonn seedings explained grand slam itf itf rules

29 replies to this topic

#21 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Now that Berdych has lost to Gulbis in the QF of FRench open, 2014:

Seedings for Wimbledon 2014 are now confirmed:

1) Novak Djokovic

2) Rafael Nadal

3) Andy Murray

4) Roger Federer

5) Stan Wawrinka

6) Tomas Berdych

7) David Ferrer

8) Milos Raonic (if Gulbis wins the French Open title, Gulbis will the #8 seed)....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#22 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

So, this means that Wimbledon 2014 will be the 13th grand slam where in the Big 4 of Tennis (namely Federer, Nadal, Djokovic & Murray) will be the Top 4 seeds.

This will be the 1st time in 2 years that these 4 guys will be the Top 4 seeds @ a grand slam...

Here are the previous 12 grand slams when these 4 guys have been the Top4 seeds @ a grand slam

1. wimby 2012

2. French Open 2012

3. Aus Open 2012

4. US Open 2011

5. wimbledon 2011

6. us open 2010

7.  wimbledon 2010

8. french open 2010

9. us open 2009

10. wimby 2009

11. french open 2009

12. aus open 2009

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#23 Guest_cromar_*

Guest_cromar_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Wouldn't Wawrinka playing at Queen's help him, in case Ferrer reaches the final at RG, as the points gained there would be added to his grass bonus?

Ferrer (with a Final) would have 5030 ATP points + 630 bonus = 5660, Stan has 5480 ATP points at present + 168 bonus = 5648. Thus Ferrer would be seeded # 5, ahead of Stan, unless Stan wins some points at Queen's? I figured that a QF would do the trick for Stan to secure the # 5 seed.

I believe that a similar situation could exist for Federer, who would have to gain some points in Halle to secure his # 4 seeding should Ferrer win RG.

#24 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

Wouldn't Wawrinka playing at Queen's help him, in case Ferrer reaches the final at RG, as the points gained there would be added to his grass bonus?

Ferrer (with a Final) would have 5030 ATP points + 630 bonus = 5660, Stan has 5480 ATP points at present + 168 bonus = 5648. Thus Ferrer would be seeded # 5, ahead of Stan, unless Stan wins some points at Queen's? I figured that a QF would do the trick for Stan to secure the # 5 seed.

I believe that a similar situation could exist for Federer, who would have to gain some points in Halle to secure his # 4 seeding should Ferrer win RG.

Your point about Ferru getting the #5 seed, had he won the RG title was true.

Federer after reaching 4th Round of Roland Garros, 2014 is on 4945 points & adding 1765 special Wimbledon seeding points is on 6710 points.

Had FERRU WON THE Finale, he would have been on 5830 points, adding the bonus points of 630 points, would have got to 6460 points, which would have been still short of Federer's points....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#25 Guest_STLSTL_*

Guest_STLSTL_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

I just recently started following this site. Wonderful information. Gulbis' pummeling of Berdych shows how great Fed still is. Even on an off day, Fed still took Gulbis to 5 sets. And, Gulbis still needed theatrics to pull it out. I' m glad Fed has retained the no. 4 seed at Wimby. He has a great shot this year for an 8th title!

#26 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

You make an interesting point there STL_STL. I didn't see the Gulbis / Berdych match myself so can't really comment there so will be interested to see how Gulbis fares against Djokovic later today. I hope to be able to catch some of that match.

I suppose professional tennis players are used to it, but it must be difficult to maintain peak levels, time and time again, tournament after tournament. There's the build up, the training, the expectation, the effort then if all that falls short to a disappointing loss, back to square one! Repeated losses must take their toll, especially when everybody expects you to do well. Lower ranked players do not have that playing on their mind, they can just go for it!

So Roger has the added burden of press speculation, and sometimes I feel glee, when he does fall short. I see articles discussing his retirement surfaced again following his loss to Gulbis :rolleyes:

I hope that for Roger, Wimbledon is a positive experience this year, at the very least getting into the second week, and ideally having a place in the final. In reality I do worry whether his body would hold up if he has a tough draw with a number of 5 set matches.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#27 Guest_Karthik_*

Guest_Karthik_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Awesome calculations, information! Thorougly enjoyd reading the thread and also saved me from wondering how Djoker got number 1 seed and Rafa number 2 inspite of Winning the RG.

Also, could you come up with the table that you have put in the french open thread? Do the players defend the points here as well? 

#28 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

Awesome calculations, information! Thorougly enjoyd reading the thread and also saved me from wondering how Djoker got number 1 seed and Rafa number 2 inspite of Winning the RG.

Also, could you come up with the table that you have put in the french open thread? Do the players defend the points here as well? 

Thanks, will post the Wimbledon ranking scenarios after halle/Queens...

Yes, players defend points at Wimbledon just like any other tourney, just the seedings system is slightly different, rest all is same....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#29 Guest_Guest_Srini_*

Guest_Guest_Srini_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

So based on these novak and nadal will get either murray or federer at semis.

nadal and federer

murray and novak

semis should be good like this

nadal and federer

murray and novak

I would like to see Federer vs nadal one time at grass before they retire.

We will see novak and murray sure in future because they both plays atleast another 5 years.

#30 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Though, Wimbledon will never officially announce the exact points that they gave for seedings, But, I am adding these points just for every one's knowledge...

Please look at these 3 posts ( First , Second, Third) before even trying to understand what I am trying to do in this post..

Wimbledon 2014 Seedings with points:

(i) Djokovic : current points - 12330 + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula ::: 1740 = 14,070 points for Wimby seeding

(ii) Rafa Nadal:  currently @ 12500 + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula :::  43 = 12,543 points for Wimby seedings

(iii) Andy Murray currently @ 4680 + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula :::: 3150 = 7830 points for Wimby seedings

(iv) Roger Federer currently @ 4845 points + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula: 1765 points = 6610 points for Wimby seedings. (if he wins Halle, he will be on 6760 points).

(v) Stan Wawrinka : currently @ 5525 points+ addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula : 167 points = 5692 points (if he wins Queens, he will be on 5852 points).

(vi) Tomas Berdych: currently @ 4680 points + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula 483 points = 5163 points.

(vii) DAVID Ferrer currently @ 4190 points + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula 630 points = 4820 points.

(viii) Milos Raonic currently @ 3245 points + addition as per Wimbledon seeding formula 65 pts = 3300 points. Thus, Raonic will become the 1st ever guy born in 1990's to have a Top-8 seeding at Wimbledon.

Read More about Wimbledon seedings formula, right here.

PS: Official seedings will be announced on Tuesday, 17th June, 2014 & draw on Friday, 20th June, 2014.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+