• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match Report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Alejandro Falla, Gerry Weber Open, Halle 2014

Alejandro Falla roger federer halle 2014 atp gerry weber open atp 250

26 replies to this topic

#21 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:07 AM

And after his winning against Falla, Federer also played doubles with his partner Marco Chiudinelli and the lost to Begemann/ Knowle  1-6, 7-5, 12-10,  in dramatic fashion, saving all four championship points in the Match Tie-break.

10405401_731624886881129_436751213370037

BqMiprsCEAE6NAR.jpg

BqMgrNtCYAEoYo5.jpg

BqMfr27CMAACun6.jpg

BqMSvAwIcAEdYsp.jpg

Here's what did Begemann and  Knowle said after their victory 

Begemann:"I'm thrilled..A childhood dream come true. Twelve years ago I went to school in Halle. I lived here for two or three years, played for the club. With my mom passing a few years ago, I dedicate this title to her. This is such a special moment for me."

Knowle: "It was a great week for us, it's very special to play Roger and to beat him in a final. I really enjoyed playing with Andre and we got our first title together in our first tournament."

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#22 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

We have posted many of Oliver Dirksen's photographs in the practice thread for Halle this week. He was there at the final and to my mind this excellent photograph of his captures the intensity of the moment beautifully :)

BqM22AbIMAAvAGP.jpg
Photo: Oliver Dirksen

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#23 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 500 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:14 PM

Thanks guys for all the input. Good thing he did play doubles as only 3 singles matches is not enough to get sharp on grass, and I think he still lacks some sharpness.

But I don't know like you guys, but I think that right now there's just one thing on Roger's mind (besides family): getting HIS wimbledon championship back. He stated before the grass court season that he needs to prove himself, and yesterday he said he's in this gig for the titles, so it's pretty much clear to me what kind of mindset he has heading to Wimbledon. My prediction: we will have the repeat of 2012 final, hopefully with equally awesome performance from Roger. Allez!

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

thanks for all the nice info I enjoy it again and again, just love it, clear and completely

#25 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

I sincerely hope you are right there moodyboogie, but not necessarily with the same opponent in the final ;)

I'm already bracing myself for the British media on that front .....

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#26 moodyboogie

moodyboogie

Roger Federer Fans 500 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:08 AM

I sincerely hope you are right there moodyboogie, but not necessarily with the same opponent in the final ;)

I'm already bracing myself for the British media on that front .....

I can only imagine that British media thing, but please Wendy, be a frontline reporter for us, and inform whether the hype is reaching critical levels :P

On the bright side, I remember wonderful piece on the Wimbledon website, two years ago, after the final. Obviously many people were devastated (especially whining BBC commentators during the match...) after the loss, but Roger played so gracefully that everyone had to admit that it was glorious day for tennis. And so even they couldn't be really that negative about the outcome of the final, so the author of that article found a truly wonderful way to work around it, making the main thesis of that piece claim about the total failure of Roger Federer. Failure to play the villain in that spectacle :lol: I mean, how brilliant and yet so British was it? I loved it, it was a fun read.

#27 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Moodyboogie, I fear the urge to reach for the mute button will prevent me from reporting the hype in too much detail ;)

I shall never forget Nicolas Mahut having to apologise for beating Murray in the first round at Queens in 2012 ... the British media are something else!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+