• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Will Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer end 2014 as year-end ATP World No. 1?

novak djokovic roger federer year end #1 2014 year end #1

25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Gilles_*

Guest_Gilles_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

(I mean, since the race ranking "tends" to the single ranking, to which it is strictly equal at the end of the year, after the Davis Cup)

#22 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:04 AM

Thank you for all the analysis here.

I have one question: why don't you make your calculations based on the Race? At this stage of the year when there are only two tournaments remaining at the most, it is much simpler: we just have to add points to the current race ranking to make forecasts. It avoids taking into account the points to defend and doing subtractions...

Hmmm, as I explained above, the race to London ends after Bercy Masters, 2014.....

Also, as discussed exhaustively above, even if we had done our calculation from Race to London 2014 ranking points, we had to subtract the 2013 Davis Cup final points....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#23 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

Here's another chance for Stan to help Roger regain the #1 ranking ---

post-2-0-20365000-1349966325_thumb.jpg

If Stan Wawrinka some how manages to beat Djokovic, then #1 ranking will be in Federer's hands as chances are that he will end group-b as #1 and if Djokovic loses, DJokovic will be #2, thus a Federer vs Djokovic semi-final...

The big question is- can Wawrinka do it today?

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#24 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

With his win over Berdych, Djokovic has ensured year-end #1....

If he beats Nishikori tomorrow, he will ensure #1 for *at least* 12 more weeks (till the end of Australian Open)...

So, finally the year is over for me :). What a hectic year its been... For every one who contributed to the rankings thread, a big thanks. We will be back in a new improved avatar next year on this very forum. Till then, keep rocking....

& Congrats to Nole for ending the 2014 at #1....

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#25 Guest_Ashvin Kalyanaraman_*

Guest_Ashvin Kalyanaraman_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

If Fed loses to Novak tomorrow in the finals of the WTF, it is guaranteed that Nole would be world number until atleast Indian Wells in March.

Best case scenario for Roger to be No:1 after Australian Open if he loses tomorrow

(I) At the end of the year he would have 8700 + 1000 from WTF + 225 (assuming he wins 2 matches at Davis Cup and Swiss win it all) = 9925.

(II) Djokovic would be at 10010 + 1500 from WTF - 150 (points coming off from Davis Cup) = 11360.  So at the end of this year there will be a differential of 1435 points.

Nole has decided to play at Doha next year and Fed will play at Brisbane. Nole is not defending any points at Doha and Fed will be defending 150 points at Brisbane.

So assuming both win at Doha and Brisbane respectively, Nole will be at 11360 + 250 = 11610 and Fed would be at 9925 + 100 = 10025 points, and that is a differential of 1585 points.

At the AO, Fed should win it all and hope Nole loses in the 2nd round or earlier and that is the only way Fed can grab the no: 1 ranking. If this happens, Fed would be at 10025 + (2000-760) = 11305 and Nole would be at 11610 - (360-45) = 11295. This scenario is highly unlikely to happen.

So it is very critical for Roger to win tomorrow to have a shot at grabbing the number 1 ranking in AO.

#26 Guest_victor_*

Guest_victor_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

The ATP website is showing Roger's points at 9775. Shouldn't his points be 10050 since he won one singles rubber and 

the bonus 75 points?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+