• Create Account

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Match report, pics and video highlights of Kei Nshikori vs Andy Murray, ATP World Tour Finals 2014

Kei Nshikori Andy Murray ATP ATP World Tour Finals 2014 WTF London ATP2014

2 replies to this topic

#1 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

Fourth seed Nishikori, a winner of four ATP World Tour titles in six finals this year, defeated fifth seed Murray 6-4, 6-4 in the first match of Group B play at The O2, venue of the season finale in London. It was the Japanese star’s first victory in his fourth meeting against Murray.

Andy+Murray+Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Fina

“I was a little bit tight in the beginning, but I started feeling a little more confident in especially second set,” said Nishikori. “I was very, very solid… I was a little bit surprised at how I played on the court: very confident. I’m looking forward to play the next match.”

Nishikori overcame early nerves, saving one break point in the 10-point third game. Murray took a 3-2 lead courtesy of a Nishikori double fault, but two double faults in the next game saw the British hope get broken to love. Nishikori broke to wrap up the 47-minute opener.

Aggressive throughout, two volley errors at 4-2 in the second set cost Nishikori his serve. The break appeared to galvanise Murray, who was contesting his 77th match of the year. But Nishikori kept his nerve to break Murray to 30 in the 10th game to wrap up the encounter, which lasted one hour and 36 minutes.

Murray, who lifted three trophies in six weeks to qualify for the seventh straight year, dropped to a 58-19 match record on the season. Nishikori, this season’s US Open runner-up (l. to Cilic), controlled the majority of baseline rallies to improve to 53-12 in a career-best 12 months.

“It’s obviously disappointing to lose the first match,” said Murray. “I would have liked to have done better. I didn't serve well enough today. I would say that was the biggest difference in the match. He was able to dictate a lot of points, especially behind my second serve. That was statistically the part of the match, I mean, that was the part of the match where he had the upper hand. That was the difference.

“Both of us struggled at the beginning of the match… there were a lot of mistakes. Then, he definitely started playing better at the end of the first set and started feeling a bit more comfortable with those conditions.”

Source:ATP

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

Some pics from the match...

Kei+Nishikori+Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Fi

Photos by Getty Images

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

Video highlights

Follow us also on...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+