• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match report, pics and video highlights of Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic, ATP World Tour Finals 2014

roger federer milos raonic atp atp wtf wtf 2014 o2 london

12 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:19 AM

Roger Federer began his quest for a record seventh title at the season ending Barclays ATP World Tour Finals as he defeated Milos Raonic 6-1, 7-6 (0) in an hour and 28 minutes to record his 1st win at this year's season ending finale.

Roger+Federer+Barclays+ATP+World+Tour+Fi

Roger Federer today equalled Andre Agassi's record of most number of World Tour Finals appearances. This is Federer's 13th successive appearance at the season ending finale. Though, Agassi qualified for 14 World Tour Finals/Tennis Masters Cup (but, he had to withdraw from 1995 due to an injury)...

1st Set

Federer's tactic of slicing paid rich dividends as Raonic's game looked out of touch in the first set. Federer broke Raonic's service in the 2nd game and 6th game to easily take the first set 6-1 in 25 minutes.

Here are the first set stats ----

B2BvdUmCIAA15i_.jpg

2nd Set

Raonic gave a much better fight in the 2nd set. Not only his serving improved, but so did his returning. His inside out forehand looked frightening many times.

The Canadian had two break points in the 4th game after Federer lead 40-0. However, Federer managed to save the break points in 4th and 6th game and Raonic had a slight opening in the 12th game as well after Federer trailed by 15-30. But, Federer managed to hold on and it was tie-breaker time.

Tie-Breaker

In the last 3 months, Federer has won 13 tie-breakers and lost only 3. That tie-breaker form clearly showed up as Federer easily won the tie-breaker 7-0.

Roger Federer today won his 368th Tie Breaker & this was 6th time in his career when he won a TB 7-0 (2nd time in 2014).

This was Federer's 7th win over Raonic and he revenged his loss that he suffered vs the Canadian at Bercy Masters last week.

Here are the match stats -----

B2B-STvIgAA6exL.jpg

Federer is at the top of the group-B after this won and he will next play Kei Nishikori on Tuesday at 2 pm GMT while Murray will play Raonic in the evening session.

Some interesting stats from the match :

• Federer's 18th match win at O2 London, he is now 18-5 at O2, London (since World Tour Finals started being held at O2 in 2009).
  • Federer's 45th win at the season ending World Tour Finals in his 56th match.
  • Federer leads the match wins and match appearances at WTF.
  • Most matches won @ ATP Finalshowdown (till date): Federer: 45, Lendl: 39, Boris Becker: 36, Sampras: 35, Agassi: 22, Djokovic: 19.
  • Most matches played @ ATP FinalShowdown:1) Federer: 56*, 2) Lendl, BorisBecker & Sampras: 49, 3) Andre Agassi: 42, 4) Jimmy Connors: 35
  • Federer's 69th match win of 2014.
  • RF's 992nd career match win.
  • Since turning 33 on Aug8 Roger Federer has played 17 tie-breakers, he's won 14 of those & lost three...
  • since turning 33 on Aug8, Roger Federer has played 29 matches, he's won 26 of those & lost 3
  • Federer's 24th win over a guy born in 1990's. Federer is 24-2 vs guys born in 1990's.
  • Most ATP FinalShowdown appearances: Roger Federer: 13*, Andre Agassi: 13, Lendl: 12, Jimmy Connors,Boris Becker & Pete Sampras :11.
  • Milos Raonic today served his 1100th service ace of 2014. With this he came the second man in 2014 to serve 1100+ aces.
  • This is 1st year in ATP World Tour history (aces recorded since 1991), when two guys (Raonic & Dr. Ivo Karlovic) have hit 1100+ aces in a season.
  • Most aces in a season:1) Goran Ivanisevic (1996) - 1449 aces, 2) Ivo Karlovic (2009) - 1318 aces, 3) Dr Ivo Karlovic (2014)- 1185.

In the first match of the day, Kei Nishikori defeated Andy Murray 6-4, 6-4.

Scroll down for more pics, video highlights, interview quotes, more insights from the match.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:39 AM

some pics from the match

Pics by Getty Images

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

Pics by Getty Images

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#4 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:06 AM

here's video highlights 

Follow us also on...

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:05 AM

Federer today got both the fans favorite and Stefan Edberg sportsmanship awards.

B2CL4J1IUAArCjl.jpg

B2CL4J1IUAArCjl.jpg

For Pics and Video of Roger Federer getting 2014 ATP Fans Favorite,Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship award , see the following post--

http://www.rogerfede...smanship-award/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

Federer's Hot Shot from the first set. A fine example of manoeuvring your opponent to create space for a winner

Video: ATP World Tour

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

To watch Roger's post match on court interview please Click Here

B2DJph-CcAAbx1C.png

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

Roger certainly meant business when he came onto court last night, starting very strongly and capitalising on the more nervous beginning for Milos Raonic

1911941_803378729721960_7675797642211446

10714250_803396879720145_563945912127375
Photo: Justin Setterfield, Getty Images

Raonic settled down in the second set and played better tennis, taking the challenge to Roger Federer to hold his service games to keep the score "on serve". The slightly concerning thing for me was that although Roger would power through to a 40-0 lead in some of his service games, he seemed to relax as if job done, allowing Raonic to level to deuce and then run the risk of being broken, which thankfully did not happen.

It was a good win for Roger, giving a firm foundation for his 2014 World Your Finals campaign.

10750060_803397439720089_584362050026225
Photo: Julian Finney, Getty Images

#9 Guest_Rita Kitto_*

Guest_Rita Kitto_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

A good win, yes.  Nice to see him beat Raonic after Paris.  The second set was a bit of a worry but he got the job done.  Nishikori up next.  That's not going to be easy .

#10 Guest_hedgehog_*

Guest_hedgehog_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

great report as always..BTW Ivo Karlović ain't really a doctor, so no need for Dr. :D

#11 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

great report as always..BTW Ivo Karlović ain't really a doctor, so no need for Dr. :D

There's an old story related to it. He himself said to me, please call me Dr. Ivo, so that's why, I am always inclined to write him as Dr. Ivo :)... One of the best characters to have greeted this great sport :)...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Funny moment hehehe, Strange noise interrupts Roger Federer's press conferenc  :lol: 

Follow us also on...

#13 Guest_hedgehog_*

Guest_hedgehog_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:29 AM

There's an old story related to it. He himself said to me, please call me Dr. Ivo, so that's why, I am always inclined to write him as Dr. Ivo :)... One of the best characters to have greeted this great sport :)...

From my country :) actually lives maybe 15min away from me :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+