• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Match report, pics & video highlights of Roger Federer vs Damir Dzumhu, French Open, Roland Garros 2015

Damir Dzumhu Roger Federer Roland Garros RF Federer Masters RG15 ATP1000 French Open

11 replies to this topic

#1 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:11 PM

Roger Federer advanced to the Roland Garros fourth round on Friday as he defeated Damir Dzumhu 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 on Court Philippe Chatrier.

image.jpg

The Swiss was tested at times by the 23-year-old Dzumhur, but came through unscathed to set a clash with either Gael Monfils or Pablo Cuevas.

Federer hit 38 winners to 22 unforced errors and lost serve just once, when serving for the second set at 5-2. He quickly regained the advantage with another break in the ninth game before racing through the third set to seal victory in 88 minutes.

The 33-year-old Federer is through to the fourth round at Roland Garros for the 11th straight year. He completed the career Grand Slam when he lifted the trophy in 2009, beating Robin Soderling in the final.

Federer came into Roland Garros after mixed success during the European clay-court swing, tempering victory in Istanbul and a runner-up showing in Rome with early exits in Monte-Carlo and Madrid. The Basel native has a 27-5 record on the season.

World No. 88 Dzumhur was contesting the third round of a Grand Slam for the second time, having also reached the last 32 at the 2014 Australian Open as a qualifier. He is the only man from Bosnia/Herzegovina ever to play at a Grand Slam championship.

"I guess it was entertaining," said Dzumhur. "I really was excited before the match. I didn't feel that much pressure like I felt with Berdych last year, or with Ferrer. So I came a bit more relaxed on the court and started good. That was okay. So I feel that everything was okay. My game was good. I just can say that Roger played really too good today. He was playing so aggressive with all kind of shots. Big congratulations to him. Of course I was always saying that he's the best tennis player for me, and today he show why."

Source: ATP

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

Pics frome the match

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:54 PM

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

All pics by Getty Images

Follow us also on...

#4 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

Here's the official highlights package, which once again has been blocked from playing on external websites by Roland Garros, so once you have clicked the "play" button, click the underlined link and the video will then play on YouTube :rolleyes:

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#5 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Various Match Highlights packages

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#6 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:53 PM

Ah, have just caught up with this match. Great to see Roger has wrapped things up fairly comfortably in straight sets :)

CGMBA5jWkAA957z.jpg

CGMBA6ZWUAA_0QL.jpg
Photos: via Sofia_RF

It looked fairly breezy on court and it took Roger a few games to settle and find his range. I wonder if playing on different courts really does make that much of a difference for players. Philippe Chatrier vs Suzanne Lenglen in Roger's case. To the amateur eye things look very much the same, but some comms say that one court plays faster than the other.

Am keeping an eye on the scores for Gael Monfils vs Pablo Cuevas as the winner there will play Roger on Sunday and that could be a much more testing match so it is to Roger's advantage that he did not have a grind of an exhausting contest today.

CGMBnXeWcAAFItc.jpg
Photo: Reuters

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

A lovely moment at the net. Damir Dzumhur is another young player who has had Roger as his idol ....

CGLm0WoXEAAmK2e.jpg
Photo: via Nusi

#8 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

For a short HD highlights package, with enthusiastic comms :D please Click Here

#9 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

More pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Follow us also on...

#10 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

The Federer family here in force today, and the Smurfs are still a favourite :) :)

CGMGLiEW0AAKhFm.jpg

CGMEyr9W0AAYxP2.jpg

CGMICFnUUAATiqk.png
Photos: Sven Thomann

#11 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:51 PM

A special Mirka hug

CGLxAv7WEAAqeRP.jpg
Photo: via Soyfederista

#12 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:36 AM

Shots of 6th day

Follow us also on...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+