• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Match Report, pics, video highlights of Roger Federer vs Florian Mayer, Gerry Weber Open, Halle 2015

roger federer florian mayer halle 2015 atp 500

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

Roger Federer recorded his 49th match win at Halle as he eased past Florian Mayer 6-0, 7-6(1) in an hour and 8 minutes to reach his 11th successive semi-final at Gerry Weber Open.

CH4iFBDWoAE0Hhl.jpg

Credit: Maja Hitij/dpa/Corbis

The first set was a complete exhibition from Federer as the German seemed absolutely help-less. Federer broke the 31 year old Mayer's service in the 1st, 3rd and 5th game as Federer won the 1st set 6-0 in just 19 minutes.

Here are the 1st set stats -----

CH4AyTGWcAEhCSS.jpg

Screenshot credit: @lukbon

This was the 100th set that Roger Federer won in Halle & the 97th set where in Federer bagelled an opponent.

Roger Federer is 5th in the list of most bagels in the ATP Open Era. Leader board of most bagels in the ATP Open Era:

1) Jimmy Connors: 180

2) Ivan Lendl: 148

3) Andre Agassi: 117

4) John McEnroe:  100

5) Roger Federer :  97

The German put in a much better fight in the 2nd set and the 2nd set went all the way to the tie-breaker but Federer dominated the Tie-breaker from the beginning the won the tie-breaker comfortably 7-1.

Here are the match stats -----

CH4KxMwWwAAH00W.jpg

Screenshot credit: Dennis Ethan

Federer will face Ivo Karlovic in the 1st semi-final. Ivo Karlovic earlier today served a record 45 aces (most aces in a best of 3 set match) to serve out Tomas Berdych in 3 sets while in the other semi-final, it will be Kei Nishikori vs Andreas Seppi.

Scroll down for more pics, video highlights, hot shot, interview quotes & more insights from the match.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

This is what Roger had to say in an interview after the match

Video: ATP World Tour

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#3 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:48 AM

Highlights from the match ----

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

another highlights --

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:50 AM

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:50 AM

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationUK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

It was a great relief to see Roger play with such fire and vigour today after the hint of concern in seeing the trainer come on court briefly to him in his previous match. He really steamrollered his way through to take that first set 6-0 in just 19 minutes!

10300005_914843325242166_469729532872191

1508976_914843475242151_7649789465925330
Photos: Thomas Starke, Getty Images

Florian Mayer appeared to settle down and feel more assured in his game in the second set, which was good for him in front of his home crowd, but Roger was in no mood to take this into a third and closed the match out comfortably in the tie break.

1554463_914843571908808_3274331885519801

Tomorrow will be tough against the massive serve of Ivo Karlovic who set a record of 45 aces in his QF match against Tomáš Berdych!

CH3yXwuWEAAyJrj.jpg
Photo: via Jörg Allmeroth on Twitter

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+