• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Italian Open 2012, Rome

BNL dItalia ATP 1000 Rome Italia Tennis ATP Roger Federer Clay Outdoor italian open rome masters italian open 2012 Rome 2012 rome masters 2012

21 replies to this topic

#1 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts
  • LocationChur, Switzerland

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Internazionali BNL d'Italia

Posted Image

Date: 05/14/2012 - 05/20/2012
City: Rome, ITA Posted Image
Series: ATP 1000
Surface: Clay, outdoor Posted Image
Title holder: Novak Djokovic (2011)
Roger 2011: Round 16
Prize Money: € 2'227'500
Center Court: 10'500 spectators

Official website

Facebook

Twitter

My hero, my addiction & my everything.
Roger Federer
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Roger Federer

#3 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Roger Federer

#4 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Roger Federer

#5 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

Schedule - Men’s Event
- The Singles Draw will take place on Saturday May 7th at TBD.
- The draw is composed of 56 players: 8 byes, 44 direct acceptances based on ATP Ranking dated, 4 wild cards, 7 qualifiers, 1 special exempt.
- The Doubles Main Draw is composed of 24 entries: 8 byes, 22 direct acceptances, 2 wild cards.

Schedule - Ladies’ Event
- The Singles Draw will take place on Saturday May 7th at TBD.
- The draw is composed of 56 players: 8 byes, 43 direct acceptances based on WTA Ranking, 3 wild cards, 8 qualifiers, 2 gold/silver exempt.
- The Doubles Main Draw is composed of 28 entries: 4 byes, 25 direct acceptances, 3 wild cards.

Semifinals are scheduled for Saturday May 19th
- First Women’s Semifinal at 12 p.m.
- First Men’s Semifinal not before 2 p.m.
- Second Women’s Semifinal not before 4 p.m.
- Second Men’s Semifinal at 8 p.m.

Finals are scheduled for Sunday May 20th
- Women’s Final not before 2.15 p.m.
- Men’s Final not before 4 p.m
The Finals will be played on the best of three
Roger Federer

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

Here's the draw of Italian Open 2012 for you all

http://www.rogerfede...p-1000-masters/

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Roger Federer def. Carlos Berlocq by 6-3, 6-4. Anyone who missed match watch here!!

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/278-roger-federer-vs-carlos-berlocq-2nd-round-match-full-video-internazionali-bnl-ditalia-open-rome/

#8 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Roger Federer

braved dust storm conditions to blow past Argentine

Carlos Berlocq

6-3, 6-4 and open his week with a second-round victory at the

Rome Masters

on Wednesday.

The world number two with four titles this season - including two of the first three Masters 1000 honours of 2012 - came good on his hope of playing in Rome the week after winning in difficult conditions on and off court on the controversial slick blue clay of Madrid.

The Swiss third seed will next play Spanish veteran

Juan Carlos Ferrero

, champion here 11 years ago. Federer beat Ferrero in a 2003 semifinal in Rome.

Federer is on the hunt for his first Rome title after losing the 2003 and 2006 finals. His victory left Berloq 0-8 against top 20 opponents as the Swiss charged out by winning the first dozen points of the contest.

Federer, 30, and winner of titles in seven of his last 10 events dating to last November, left it late to actually decide on playing Rome, hoping that his body would give him indications of how he was holding up after Madrid.

He evidently got the right answer with his victory, bolstered by 16 winners in the first set and success on 12 of the last 15 points of the afternoon.

The Rome pressure now shifts to five-time champion

Rafael Nadal

to post a victory in his opening match.

The Spaniard has been mentally fragile after his troubles last week in Madrid, complaining about the blue clay and losing badly in the third round to Fernando Verdasco from a 5-3 lead in the final set.

The king of clay insists that all is fine in the kingdom now that he's left behind his Madrid bad memories. But his test will come in Italy as he faces German Florian Mayer, who beat him in their last meeting in Shanghai in 2011.

In women's play, China's

Li Na

moved on to the fourth round as third seed Agnieszka Radwanska lost to only her third different opponent of the season.

Eighth seed Li beat Iveta Benesova with ease, 6-1, 7-5, but Czech Petra Cetkovska caught Poland's Radwanska with a 6-4, 4-6, 6-1 loss.

The winner attacked and went for her shots on a windy day on the clay at the Foro Italico, producing 44 winners and 38 unforced errors. She broke the seed sight times from 20 chances.

Of Radwanska's eight defeats in 2012, six have come from world number one Victoria Azarenka, with their most recent meeting the Madrid semi-finals last weekend.

Li will face the winner from New Zealand's Marina Erakovic and South African Chanelle Scheepers.

In other results, US Open winner and fifth seed Samantha Stosur put out Italian Sara Errani 6-3, 7-5 while sixth seed Caroline Wozniacki fell to Spaniard Anabel Medina Garrigues, with the Dane retiring injured trailing 6-4, 4-0.

German 12th seed Angelique Kerber defeated American Vania King 6-3, 6-2, while Sorona Cirstea of Romania beat Swede Sofia Arvidsson 6-3, 6-1 and Italy's Flavia Pennetta hammered Sloane Stephens of the United States 6-2, 6-3.

#9 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

I expect that the winner of this tournament will be Nadal or Djokovic
I see that Federer tired physically
he do not play with enthusiasm... this is by what I saw in today's game vs Carlos Berlocq

Of course i hope to be wrong.... and Feder up to the final and win
I believe he can

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

I know he's not 100% fit..... but, I'm glad he's trying ....

I haven't seen any of the Madrid & Rome match till now, just have seen a few highlights..

Hope for the best... my only expectation from Italian open is to see him remaining no. 2 after Italian open.. Amen..

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#11 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

A dream came true. I will never forget facing Roger in Rome. I felt really good and I enjoyed every point. Roger plays another sport. — Carlos Berlocq
Roger Federer

#12 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Roger Federer

#13 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

Roger vs. Berlocq full match:

Roger Federer

#14 Kishore

Kishore

Roger Federer Fans 2nd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 277 posts
  • LocationJabalpur, M.P. India

Current mood: Cheeky

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:39 AM

Roger Federer wasted little time as he powered past Andreas Seppi to reach the semi-finals of the Internazionali BNL d'Italia in Rome.
Home favourite Seppi delighted the Italian crowd as he stunned Stanislas Wawrinka on Thursday, but he was unable to produce another Swiss upset as he was thrashed 6-1 6-2 at the Foro Italico.
Federer's win saw him set up a semi-final encounter with wo
rld No. 1 Novak Djokovic in what will be their first meeting since their titanic tussle at last year's US Open.

Federer, who did not make it onto court until after 10pm local time after Petra Kvitova and Angelique Kerber's match took well over two hours on Court Centrale, was in a hurry to get the match wrapped up as he raced through the opening set.
Seppi avoided a whitewash with a late hold of serve, but he was powerless to stop Federer blazing through the opening set in just 19 minutes.
The world No. 30 presented some resistance at the start of the second set, but he was second best to a supremely confident Federer, who broke for a 3-2 lead before streaking away to victory in 54 minutes.

#15 Kishore

Kishore

• Moderators
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

full match video of the QF match

http://www.rogerfede...2-rome-masters/

#16 pikachoo

pikachoo

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Current mood: Creative

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

I am not ready for a Federer-Djokovic match. /o\ I know it's been a while since their USO match, but STILL. And if Roger DOES win tomorrow... (I would so so so trade that potential win for USO '11 in a heartbeat). In any case, ALLEZ ROGER~ <3

#17 Kishore

Kishore

• Moderators
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

I am not ready for a Federer-Djokovic match. /o\ I know it's been a while since their USO match, but STILL. And if Roger DOES win tomorrow... (I would so so so trade that potential win for USO '11 in a heartbeat). In any case, ALLEZ ROGER~ <3

yes, I am nervous too. But, hope for the best. all that I want is Roger to win at least One Grand Slam this year & hopefully, reach No. 1 again.

even, if he doesn't, i am still proud of what he has achieved.

#18 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

want RF to thrash novak ...!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#19 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

We all want this....

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#20 mbthecool19

mbthecool19

Reporter RF Fans

• Members +
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Roger Federer lost to Novak Djokovic 2-6 , 6-7 yesterday in the Semifinals of Rome Masters . A loss is always disappointing , but I just don't see anything to panic before the French Open Begins .
Federer played really well leading upto the semi finals , he looked sharp , served well , moved well on the court . He hit the ball extremely well from the back of the court , specially the back hand down the line which is a high percentage shot specially on clay where the ball bounces high to his backhand .
Yesterday it was very evident that Roger wasn't at his best . His first serve percentage lingered in the 40% region , which is not upto the mark when you are facing quality players , specially someone like Djokovic who can be very aggressive on the return of serve .
Winning free points on serve is always a major aspect of Federer's game , that didn't happen yesterday , naturally he was under pressure on his serve and Djokovic broke him twice in the first set .
Another factor responsible for his loss was high count of Unforced Errors . He committed 42 UE's in 2 sets , which is exceptionally high specially in a tough match . Usually he commits a few errors because he goes for broke , but he only hit 22 winners yesterday . So winners and Unforced Errors ratio was rather bad and the main reason for him losing in straight sets .
Djokovic was solid all match , still I don't believe he is playing nearly as well as he did in 2011 , but he played the big points well , capitalized on his opportunities and in big matches how well you play the big points matters the most
There was a twist in the match when Federer saved match point on Djokovic 's serve and then broke his serve , eventually forcing a Tie - Break .

Federer has played 9 matches in the past 11 days , naturally it has been very hard on him physically . He did very well in Rome , which is the slowest clay court on tour , and his weakest surface . He picked up points and got some useful Red Clay practise under his belt before RG .
Federer said after the match , "I've been living and breathing tennis every day. I'm looking forward to some days off and getting ready for Paris.
I'm happy in some ways that the event is over for me. The clay season has been great so far. I knew I wouldn't win both (Madrid and Rome), I actually expected this final (Djokovic-Nadal) "

Federer now has only lost 4 matches post Us Open 2011 which is an amazing achievement and bagged 4 titles in 2012 ( Including 2 masters 1000 ).
It was an amazing how he adapted to the blue clay and won Madrid and played very well in Rome too .
It's been a way better season leading upto Roland Garros than he had in 2011 . He is enjoying tennis . Feeling confident .
I'm very confident that Federer will put on a great show at French Open :) Allez

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BNL dItalia, ATP 1000, Rome, Italia, Tennis, ATP, Roger Federer, Clay, Outdoor, italian open, rome masters, italian open 2012, Rome 2012, rome masters 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+